bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Sacra Terra: Kiss of Death Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 12, 13 4:56 AM
Hi Koffie99,

Have you tired pressing the hint button to see if those are in fact the right glasses? Sometimes this can help matters and also, following the hint will indicate if there is anything else you need to do before finding those glasses.

However, if the problems persist and you feel like this may be a tech issue, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

jonc3
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Re:Post any Sacra Terra: Kiss of Death Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by jonc3 on Feb 3, 14 10:41 AM
I am having the same problem. Got everything except the glasses second time through. Hint just takes me back to the glasses. I can't touch them.

[Post New]by MishuWarrior on Feb 5, 14 12:03 PM
jonc3 wrote:I am having the same problem. Got everything except the glasses second time through. Hint just takes me back to the glasses. I can't touch them.

Ditto here! Used the hint button to exhaustion finding the "invisible" items they wanted you to find again from the first round. Click though I may I cannot grab those glasses. I remember the case was closed on the first go around and I think it's tripping this object up in the 2nd round. HELP!! Can't move forward.

Edited on 02/05/2014 at 12:04:50 PM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on May 23, 14 8:40 PM
Played the demo on a MAC 10.8.2 and had cursor issues. It would gradually slow more and more until there was a delay between swiping my trackpad and the cursor actually moving. Exiting the game and returning "reset" it so it would work perfectly until it would gradually slow and end up with the same delayed movement. I had to exit the game 4 times during the demo. Too much trouble.

[Post New]by Serf2CavSpaniel on May 24, 14 7:36 PM
Also experiencing a wonky cursor on my iMAC running OS 10.6.8. About 30 min into the demo the the pointer started jerking badly so I totally quit out of the Game Manager, made sure no other major programs were running in the background then tried it once more. Unfortunately, the cursor started lagging again after 20 minutes this time, so I just shut it down for good. It's a super fun game but just too dodgy for this old hen to deal with right now, so into the wheelie-bin it goes for now until can give it an overhaul.

ruthkr
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by ruthkr on May 26, 14 9:09 AM
I posted in the "Mac version" section as well. I'm on OS 10.9.3 and am having the same wonky cursor problem (this game and a previous "new release"). I have to keep quitting out of the game and re-starting for it to run smoothly. I tried to contact Big Fish customer support and have not received a reply.

I'm confused by why Big Fish would release games with such a glaring problem and then not respond when people complain. It doesn't seem to be a great way to do business . . .

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

Posible Spoiler to part of Bonus Content

[Post New]by ChocPeng on May 30, 14 12:24 PM
imanja wrote:The main part of this game was great and played with no hitches whatsoever. In bonus game I have placed 3 items on man on left island but cannot collect the axe. I have visited all other areas, checked tips in all and am constantly directed back to this area. Will I need to play the game right through again? Thank you for any tips as i cannot move forward at all on the game.

Hmmm... I am surprised this post has been left here for so long. It is a post requesting game play assistance and has nothing to do with a technical problem. Moderators usually sniff these out pretty quickly and move them to the correct place or at least remove them from the wrong place.

I guess this is one that got away.

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on May 30, 14 12:26 PM
Ssirienna wrote:Enjoyed demo - so bought Collector's version but I can't create the Japanese spell. I have assembled all the ingredients and have tried to place them on the crate - but they won't appear - am clicking everywhere on the "crate" but everything refuses to be placed there.

The hint is no good - just shows me the top of the crate AGAIN!
And the strategy guide merely confirms I'm supposedly doing the right thing

Am getting VERY frustrated about this as I can't complete the 2nd heart couple!

And here is another one. Who is supposed to be monitoring this particular game forum?

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on May 30, 14 12:31 PM
ruthkr wrote:I posted in the "Mac version" section as well. I'm on OS 10.9.3 and am having the same wonky cursor problem (this game and a previous "new release"). I have to keep quitting out of the game and re-starting for it to run smoothly. I tried to contact Big Fish customer support and have not received a reply.

I'm confused by why Big Fish would release games with such a glaring problem and then not respond when people complain. It doesn't seem to be a great way to do business . . .

Ruthkr, when you say you "tried to contact Big Fish customer support and have not received a reply," by what method did you use to contact customer support and when did you contact them?

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on May 30, 14 12:44 PM

This is the second A.l.a.w.a.r Games game that I've tried to play this week. (Sorry about having to put a dot between each letter. If I write the developer's name without the dots, this is what you see: ****. Just remove the dots and you will have the name of the developer I'm referencing. I don't know why BFG blocks the ability to include the name of a developer when discussing technical issues.

Anyway, both games have proven impossible for me to finish because of the cursor problem so many of my fellow fishies have reported, especially those also playing on Macs.

(By the way, if you are referencing an Apple computer, you are referring to a "Mac." If you are referring to the physical address of a computer, it is a "MAC." The average computer operator usually would have no reason to ever refer to their MAC address; it is a technical reference. The wonderful, perfect Apple computer is a "Mac," not a "MAC.")

I dislike A.l.a.w.a.r Games for a few reasons. First and foremost, it seems to have a problem programming for Macs without this jerky cursor problem, which after only about 15-20 minutes is so unresponsive to the touch of a trackpad that it is impossible to continue the game. Uninstalling and installing doesn't help. Upgrading drivers doesn't help. It's simply an A.l.a.w.a.r Games shortcoming.

I also dislike it that A.l.a.w.a.r Games doesn't allow the inventory bar to be locked. That is such a royal pain.

Third, I dislike it that in the CE versions, which is all I buy, its "Extras" consist only of wallpaper, a strategy guide and concept art. Those are all of the Extras A.l.a.w.a.r could think of?

I'm not going to bother downloading another A.l.a.w.a.r game until I learn that it has finally addressed these issues. The cursor problem, alone, is reason enough to stay away from A.l.a.w.a.r games. I've purchased well more than 100 games, gosh, maybe closer to 200 games, and the only developer that has this cursor issue is A.l.a.w.a.r.

Edited on 05/30/2014 at 12:53:48 PM PST

ruthkr
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by ruthkr on May 31, 14 12:40 PM
ChocPeng,

I contacted customer support through email. Finally got a response with an apology for the delay. However, the advice was: update/re-install Adobe Flash (already did that) or trying changing the screen resolution. Hasn't worked and I have given up.

[Post New]by louise1820 on Jun 3, 14 2:58 PM
Hello fellow Mac users.
I have experienced exactly the same issue with a jerky curser. I had a similar problem with Forbidden Secrets: Alien Town CE. Very frustrating that developers issue a game for Mac when it clearly does not work properly. Whatever happened to quality control?
Whilst not having bought these games yet, I still downloaded them, and as I am using a pay-as-you-go mobile network, this costs me as much, if not more, than the game's price!
I have only recently started buying CE versions (as I did not think they were very good value) as there was some special deal - 50% off or something.
I think I shall stick to the basic versions in future as by the time they are released, all the glitches tend to have been resolved.
Somewhat disgruntled by the lack of customer consideration.

[Post New]by KellyK67 on Jun 15, 14 9:15 PM
Count me in on the Mac/cursor issue. It took me weeks to finish Alien Town because of the cursor lagging after 20-30 minutes playing the game and now it's happening with Sacra Terra. I like A.l.a.w.a.r games, but due to this issue I won't be buying them anymore. BTW, my OS version is 10.9.2.

Edited on 06/15/2014 at 9:16:22 PM PST

Doctor9fan
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Doctor9fan on Nov 27, 14 1:11 PM
There seems to be a problem with the iPhone & iPad versions since the iOS 8.1.1 update, game opens fine but when trying to unlock game immediately closes & you're returned to the device home-screen. I had no problem unlocking the iPhone version originally (pre update) so uninstalled it after finishing the game but now the same thing occurs after reinstalling.

Go to: