SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re:Reviews for Sacra Terra: Kiss of Death Collector's Edition

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Feb 17, 13 5:21 PM
I LOVED this game! The story was good, the graphics were great, and Lilith was smokin' hot! I had no technical issues. I LOVE finding "beyond" or "morphing" items. It all ran very smoothly for me. Great to have the map to jump to places. I keep getting Beta games with surveys, asking me how to make a game better. Make it like this one!! Great job!!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Feb 17, 13 6:04 PM
This is from one of my favorite devs. I have the first Sacra Terra and really liked that one. This one seems to have better graphics, nice and clear. Very nice game play. Simple games. HOGS are clean and not piled one on top of the other. A bit of running back and forth, but worth the trip.

Nice hint system, very helpful and fills fairly quickly. Nice voice over, but not many. Is actually a fairly quiet game, even with the music (I turn it down for background noise only. Otherwise, it gets very annoying very quickly in any game).

The only thing I really didn't care for, which is not a deal breaker, is the fact that the SG does not stay on the last page played when you exit and re-enter a game. This is a top dev, why can they not fix that? It is very frustrating and maddening to have to click through all those pages to find where you last left off.

That's the good and the not really so bad of this game. I really liked it and am going to purchase this game and another to take advantage of the special this weekend.

I really think this game will appeal to all levels of players. As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for it at all. Thanks for the reviews.

(Edited due to a typo)

Edited on 02/17/2013 at 6:16:35 PM PST

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Feb 18, 13 5:18 AM
ONE for ONE standard or CE! BUY BUY, this week there are 2 ce worth your $, this and Enchantia

Both are just as good, difficult to choose, since BFG is giving 1-1 why not right? CE both. Gret graphics, easy to solve mini puzzles, map too! Collectibles in the form of morphing objects, scenery can sometimes be a bit dark, but HOS is playable with interactive bits

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Feb 18, 13 5:50 AM
This is very much a first impression overview but I just had to post to say I really like the music in this game, there is soft jazz in some of the scenes which I am enjoying. It makes such a change from the usual tinkly music that we get in H0Gs.

Have to agree with those who say the scenery is rather dark but that may because I am playing during the day; the graphics are very sharp though. The hidden objects are not too easy to find & the mini games are reasonably simple. There is an interactive map so you don't have to wear out your sneakers.

ETA I haven't had a problem with the Strategy Guide staying at the page I last left, the only time it went back to the beginning was when I inadvertently pressed the home button.

Edited on 02/18/2013 at 6:12:22 AM PST

[Post New]by HaroldPutter on Feb 18, 13 7:19 AM
It was nice and long. I loved the story. It was a bit different than what I thought it was going to be. The graphics were good. The flow of the game was good. (I did have to hit the Strategy Guide a couple of times, but that could've been my migraine brain.)

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on Feb 18, 13 9:09 AM
I really enjoyed this game, one of the best I've played in a while. The bonus game was a game in itself.........wonderful!

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Feb 18, 13 10:36 AM
A lot of HO's.... my review is I won't finish due to that.

I am with so very many of you, when they post adventure with an HO, that is wonderful, but to buy an adventure and find out it is an HO...that suck's....

Edited on 02/18/2013 at 10:38:09 AM PST

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Feb 18, 13 11:25 AM
I think this would have been a really awesome game given the story line and awesome graphics..but i want a game that actually involves my participation not a map that does it ALL for me...sadly i passed given

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Feb 21, 13 5:13 PM
I may be in the minority, but I really liked this game (and its predecessor) and I am especially glad that I bought the CE. I have rarely found a bonus game that ties into the main story in any meaningful way, but this one was perfect. It explains things from both this game and the previous game and... **spoiler follows** - highlight to see --> redeems one character's reputation that was completely trashed in the earlier game. I thought that was nicely done.

Also on the plus side was the artwork, the plot, and the intertwining of this story with the previous game's story, IMO. If you are someone that always skips the dialogue and doesn't ever watch the cutscenes, then you will definitely get less out of this game than those that enjoy those things.

I played on the hardest difficulty and I agree that the puzzles were far too easy for me and some of them were that annoying "rotate the tiles" type that I hate. There were a lot of HOS's, but that doesn't bother me. There was also a lot of walking back and forth. However, the map took care of that and it was a really nice touch that you could turn off the highlighting for areas with things to be done and the symbol indicating which scenes still have a morphing object. That turned the map into just a means of getting back and forth, not a source of spoilers.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Feb 21, 13 5:21 PM
steve_san wrote:5. I did not play the first Sacra Terra, so I have no idea why she has a spell book lying around.

I assume you mean the spell book from the beginning of the game? She explains that right after her boyfriend disappears. Maybe you skipped through the cutscene or dialogue. Her boyfriend had dragged his heels for years on proposing and she was tired of waiting. So when she spotted the spellbook at a flea market, she bought it on a whim, thinking she might try a love potion on her reluctant boyfriend.

pattyjo
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pattyjo on Feb 22, 13 7:44 PM
I think this is probably a good game however all the objects are so small and the writing on all the notes also the first puzzle in the door was to small to see easily. That is to bad I really wanted to play this to .The music and story are nice and could be fun but like I said every thing is way smaller than most games designed today. So I don't think the struggle to play is worth even the free hour of play. Too bad darn it . .

Molyz7
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Molyz7 on Feb 23, 13 6:02 AM
Hi fishies!

Not to repeat any of what has been so beautifully put by others about the game functions, modes and all that,

just wanted to add my voice in the choire THIS IS INDEED A FANTASTIC GAME!!! I don't usually post any reviews but this one is one of the best I have played so far, and I have approx. 250 games almost all HOGs. Do play the demo before deciding, but for me this is one of the top 3 in my account.

GREAT WORK developers! Waiting eagerly for the next one!

Happy gaming everyone!

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Feb 23, 13 2:12 PM
I enjoyed the game, but not a huge fan of the story line. My HDWS filled perfectly with no distortions and the graphics were very nice and clean. In this game, the map actually tells you where you are, where you should be, and where the morphing objects are to be found, in case you missed any. So basically, there really wasn't a need for a SG with that sort of active map. I liked the game play and didn't get bored with it. Although there are a few portals, everything seemed to flow nicely. I actually liked the idea of the succubus and the way she looked. Having watched many movies with this idea in mind, I did not find her to be over the top. Just right. Having said all of that, I really disliked the story line overall. (possible SPOILER) when you have to go around and save people who are already passed on, for what ever reason, and then join them back together because they were really in love, UGH too drippy for me. Trust me, women, are not that weak, and guys are not that dumb. I realize its a game, but the theme was a bit over done for me. Basically the game play was fun and entertaining, however, the story line did not keep my interest at all. Sorry, but for a CE, all you get is a SG, bonus chapter, wallpaper, and concept art. I did, however, really enjoyed the music which fit the scenes perfectly. I was hoping they would have included some of that in the extra's, but no where to be found. No achievement, no collectibles, not much else, except a little disappointment.

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on Feb 24, 13 5:24 PM
I finished the game and I'm surprised that I enjoyed it, mostly.

I usually hate games where there is one thing and only one thing that you can do to progress. But, since the map told you where that one thing was, it wasn't as bad as normal.

Still, having to move a filter on a jar that you are nowhere near being able to use to trigger the next...whatever...is irritating.

And, why in the world do you need to go clean a pan to put lava in it? Really? Like dirty lava would just never be as good. Some tasks seemed pretty pointless.

Still, the game played reasonably well. Well, it did crash out at the very end of the main game, but ran okay when restarted. (Unlike Lake House, which I never got to finish.)

And, I've got to give bonus points for how well the bonus game filled in a big hole in the original story. But, you still could've played the original story without it.

And, I did like how the map told you if you still had to find the beyond object from that scene. That was nice.

Pretty good game, and not one that made me wish I had waited for the SE.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Feb 27, 13 8:48 PM
As other players have mentioned, this game does have a lot of HOS...but they are interactive and easy so the game moves along well. They are also crisp and clear and I didn't mind them at all. The hint refreshes quickly and the skip also. Mini games can be easy or challenging and there are a number of them. The jump map was fantastic and I used it a lot. It did save a great deal of time as the game does move around quite a bit. There are little things to collect in each site, but I'm not into those so the ones I collected were by chance so for those who like to collect those little morphing things, keep an eye out...they also show up on the map.

Graphics and animations are amazing and it made playing the game a treat. Voice overs were good as was the music. Never felt I had to turn them off. I did, however get a little tired of the cutscenes and dialog which I got to skipping over. The game is still playable, but you do miss some of the story.

I honestly don't know how those players who use a wireless mouse can afford the batteries it takes to play one of these games! A great deal of clicking does wear out the mouse...I went back to a wired mouse because I got tired of having to make sure I had a desk drawer of batteries available!

Interesting storyline that does get lost in the game play and the ending completes the game. I have not started the bonus game as the main game was quite long and I need a break! I give this game, despite the HOS a 4.5 out of 5.

bonus game: Good grief, it was almost as long as the main game. Great fun.

Edited on 02/28/2013 at 2:03:32 PM PST

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Mar 1, 13 6:58 PM

OMG!!!! Excellent game people!!!!! Love, Love it a ton. Highly recommend. I especially like the map where you can bounce from scene to scene!!!! Very well worth the CE $$...the bonus content was a great length. I hope you enjoy as much as i did!!!!

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Mar 4, 13 2:46 PM
I just finished the game, including the bonus game. This is one of the best games I've played in awhile. Although the storyline is not really anything new, the artwork is stunning and the mini-games and HOS were very well done. I often get a little bored by the end of a game but I enjoyed this one all the way through. The map was great (no wandering around aimlessly). I played in expert mode but did not have to use the SG, but that's not to say the mini-games were too easy, I just worked at the puzzles until I finished them because I didn't want this game to end! My only wish was that the morphing objects were harder to find. Overall, I highly recommend this game - it's well-worth the CE price (the bonus game was actually good). WELL DONE, DEVS!!!

JoJoLavin
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by JoJoLavin on Mar 14, 13 5:50 PM
I just now finished the game and bonus, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Well done!!!

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Apr 3, 13 1:32 PM
This game was down my list a little ways as I try to play my games in order. If I had known how good it was It would have jumped to the top pf the list. Thanks Devs. Waiting for your next effort

Donq47
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Donq47 on Apr 5, 13 6:34 AM
Some of the reviews here frankly surprise me but to each their own. IMO this is a great game with a great bonus chapter to boot. If all CE's were this good my pocketbook would definitely be thinner.

Go to: