Re:Post any Sweet Kingdom: Enchanted Princess technical issues here only

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Feb 19, 13 4:49 AM
In common with some other games, the 'Wide Screen' option doesn't do anything, I use a 22" wide screen monitor. Playing in Full Screen mode the side of the image is cut off, even with Wide Screen selected. This doesn't matter with some games, but with this one I lose the 'power-ups' unless I change the horizontal position. If I change it too much I lose the time meter.

I could change the resolution of the display, but that distorts things when I'm not playing games.

Why do developers provide a 'Wide Screen' option that doesn't do anything?

NatalyWho
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by NatalyWho on Feb 19, 13 5:33 AM
CheerfulDragon8 Hi, I think you should just fit your monitor to that new resolution to play without borders and see whole screen.

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Feb 19, 13 10:45 AM
I get an "out of range" error. Not playing around to change my desktop settings for one game. Developers know how to program around this so I shouldn't have to. Passing on the game but will keep it around to see if there is a fix for this.

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Feb 19, 13 1:35 PM
Tammy--my computer did the same thing--said it was closing game manager & then came up w/black screen & custom cursor. I left it alone for a few minutes & it FINALLY started & worked fine . After I bought the game it opened normally w/o that long lag time--no idea why.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Feb 19, 13 3:28 PM
Hey there Fishies,

Sorry to hear about all of those display troubles!

For those of you who are still having issues, it would be a huge help if you would write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix. One of our Reps will work with you one-on-one to help identify why the game might be displaying incorrectly, and will also be able to collect information to pass along to the developer if a fix is needed.

Just click here and submit an email to reach them. Live Chat Support is also available Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST if you're a Big Fish Game Club member.

Thanks!

bfgIzara

T_Doctor
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by T_Doctor on Feb 20, 13 8:02 AM
I am trying to play the trial, and when I select it in the game manager it loads, then game manager shuts down but the game still loads. However... I have no mouse showing at all. I cannot click things with my mouse not showing. Help please.

le01
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by le01 on Feb 20, 13 8:11 AM
I am still on the 1-hour trail period, and am experiencing something vaguely like T_Doctor.

When I try to load the game the GM starts and do not shut down but show as if I have just played the game and tell me how much time is left etc. The game do not load and I have to press the "play again" button.

Further, when the game do run, it appears to use a LOT of memory.

All drivers, etc.- are fully up-to-date.

Edited on 02/20/2013 at 8:11:52 AM PST

HobGoblin2
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by HobGoblin2 on Feb 20, 13 9:06 AM
le01, T_Doctor, just turn off the game and start it again!

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Feb 20, 13 12:29 PM
Hey there Fishies,

It may help to first uninstall and reinstall the game to get all of the needed files in order.

If that doesn't help the Tech Support Team will work with you directly to get the game up and running properly! To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Feb 20, 13 2:42 PM
bfgMonongahela wrote:Hi Csustar,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the game display! Our Tech Support Team will be happy to take a look and see what adjustments can be made to get the full screen mode working with your monitor set up.

Thank you!

Like some of the other people here with multi-monitors, I do not want to go in and change settings when I want to play this game. I see absolutely no reason to do a Dr. Felix report, when I am positive it can be fixed on BF's end.
So it is a no buy till this is fixed, and I would expect to be notified when it is.
Thanks!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Feb 21, 13 12:45 AM
There is an issue with the times displayed on the map-

for example some levels show best time 0:00 and some show an older time, not the one achieved when gold time is met.

T_Doctor
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by T_Doctor on Feb 21, 13 7:16 AM
HobGoblin2 wrote:le01, T_Doctor, just turn off the game and start it again!

That didn't work, but I changed the mouse settings back to basic and it worked fine. I had my mouse with drag on it, never effected a games before this one. But thanks for the tip. I never got help from BF.

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Feb 22, 13 1:49 AM
Hi Fishies,

govegril, this is definitely something our Tech Support Team would like to start investigating on. It would be most helpful to send them a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and all the details of the issue you've encountered. If you have the time you could also include a Screenshot to your message. Being able to see what you're seing is always a plus for the Rep who helps you.

T_Doctor I'm glad to hear that changing the mouse settings back to basic have helped. Whenever you encounter an issue with your games you can contact our Tech Support Team and you will definitely get an answer! We are here to help you.

Thanks!

bfgTokoro

Edited on 02/22/2013 at 1:52:13 AM PST

spbykatie
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by spbykatie on Feb 22, 13 3:04 PM
I am having an issue with my workers. I do not remember the first level I noticed this, but I just played level 36 and it happened again. About halfway through the level all of the buildings begin displaying the clock hands which signify no workers are available. At this point I had 10 workers and hired two more to try to fix the problem. The workers would not come out of the castle. The first level worked the second time around. Is there a fix for this?

krismar
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by krismar on Feb 22, 13 5:34 PM
As usual, about 1 out of every 5 games I try to load from BFG, will not load. I try rebooting, defragging, using all the cleaning tools that I have, to no avail. I just don't understand.
Please BFG, do NOT send me an email telling me what I should do to correct MY computer. None of your suggestions ever work, they just make me wonder why I can pay a little more (that's OK) to go directly to the game's website and then I can load the game and play it.
MY computer is FINE. Your website and management have serious issues about monopolizing the gaming industry. Believe it or not, we aren't the sheep you think we are.

[Post New]by TX_Teddybear on Feb 23, 13 7:05 AM
This game has a lot of technical issues, users should not have to modify their computers to be able to play a game, my computer runs fine so when i come across one of these games i just delete the game, it is not worth my time. Game designers should do a better job at proofing the games before release and Big Fish could do a little better at trialing these games before release.

spbykatie
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by spbykatie on Feb 23, 13 9:30 AM
I am having the same problem as above (workers suddenly not working!) on level 37, about 10 minutes into the level. Are there any patches for this?

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Post any Sweet Kingdom: Enchanted Princess technical issues here only

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Feb 23, 13 10:53 AM
For those whose computers are overwhelmed by the game:

There is an excellent product called GameBooster available. It's practically essential for running some of the Westward games, and can help w/ almost any game that runs slow. It works by shutting down all the programs and background stuff that you use while Net surfing, word-processing, or whatever, but not while gaming.

And then it brings it all back up afterwards.

Edited on 02/23/2013 at 10:53:52 AM PST

[Post New]by dindywoo on Feb 24, 13 2:57 AM
Hi I am on level 10 but have been having the same problem through out playing the game. I have found that I am clicking away and the screen becomes unresponsive which is very annoying when you are nearing the end of a level

salustra
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by salustra on Feb 24, 13 9:44 AM
On level 24, there is a pile of rocks behind palm trees, I cannot select it to clear it so I cannot play past that level.

Go to: