bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Re:Post any Hallowed Legends: Ship of Bones Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Feb 22, 13 1:25 AM
Hi Fishies,

I am sorry to hear about this issue with the puzzle slides. I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

If the issue persists though, you can contact our Tech Support Team for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page, one of our Reps will be happy to help you further.

Good luck!

bfgTokoro

Re:Post any Hallowed Legends: Ship of Bones Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bridgetaida on Feb 22, 13 10:33 AM
no chance to get the lipstick- please solve this problem

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 22, 13 9:29 PM
Stardancer001 wrote:So far I have been downloading for 2 hours now and only got to 9%!
I'm on a Mac running OS X 10.8.2.

Hi Stardancer001! I am so sorry to hear this because the likelihood of your being able to play the game even once it is downloaded is pretty slim. Elephant games and OS 10.8 are not good bedfellows. There is an issue with the Intel graphics card used in our Macs that does not "communicate" with Elephant games. I have to borrow my daughters MacBook Pro running 10.6.8 to play Elephant games. There is more info on the Mac Gamers forum, you can copy and paste the link below to see the thread:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/232841.page

I hope I'm wrong and I hope you are able to play! But if not, please send a report and a Dr. Felix to BFG customer support. Good luck! And happy gaming!

Edited on 02/23/2013 at 3:27:50 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 23, 13 3:27 AM
Hi Fishies,

I will firstly make that link that WilJul kindly provided clickable, as I am sure it will be useful for other Mac users.

bridgetaida - I'm not too sure what may be stopping you from collecting the lipstick but I would suggest having a look at the built in game Strategy Guide to make sure that no other tasks need to be completed first, as sometimes, tasks need to be tackled in a certain order.

You could also try the hint button, even if it doesn't direct you to the lipstick immediately, following it will put you on the right path!

However, if the problems persist and you feel like this may be a tech issue, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Feb 23, 13 4:57 AM
So many of us are having trouble with the lipstick and the hint button is no help at all.
It is so obviously a glitch and please can it be sorted. Other fishies have re-started the game and collected the lipstick first and it works. I find it a little bit annoying especially as Silent Scream crashed on me this morning. I don't feel like starting again.

Linda

Moto26261
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Moto26261 on Feb 23, 13 7:00 AM
Can't play as cannot control the cursor, getting fed up with all the problems lately.

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Feb 23, 13 9:02 AM
Moto I am sure if you disable the special effects in options you will solve the problem with the cursor. I know just how you feel there have been so many problems lately.

If it does work make sure you take the lipstick first in the hidden object after you have lifted the door in the shop on the right. Otherwise you might have to start the game again.

Its such a shame as this is a really good BE game, but all been soured by the glitches.

Linda

rayhnee
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by rayhnee on Feb 23, 13 10:27 AM
Just a minor, minor thing but when I was trying to collect something in the Chapel (I think the rune), the popup popped up in another language (Russian?).

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Feb 23, 13 11:31 AM
Hi Fishies,

Thanks for letting us know about that issue with the lipstick. We definitely don't want that to be a problem, so I recommend letting our Tech Support Team know what's happening.They can look into that further and hopefully find a solution.

Moto26261, I'm sorry to hear that the cursor is causing some problems. If you've tried disabling the custom cursor in the options menu and that isn't helping, please let our Tech Support Team know what you're experiencing. They can recommend some additional steps to try.

rayhnee, thanks for letting us know! We'll be sure to have a look at that.

bfgSeine

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Feb 25, 13 10:52 AM
I'm stuck in the ice!! After I downloaded the main game (played all the way through the Demo and put all the runes where they were suppose to be), the Demo ended where I was frozen in ice, so when I got back into the game, the runes were back, Hint says to place runes to activate the book, but I can't move because the book isn't on fire anymore and I can't go anywhere. What can I do?? I was really loving this game, too. What a shame.

feenix2011

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Feb 25, 13 12:59 PM
Hey, I'm answering myself - just realized there are NEW runes to place, and I now have a "burning book". Thanks anyway!!

feenix2011

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Mar 1, 13 2:17 AM
Hi feenix2011,

I'm sorry you did not receive a response before, but I'm happy to hear that you could find new runes to place and got a burning book. That's great.

I would suggest in case this situation occurs again, uninstalling and reinstalling as this sometimes helps.

Happy gaming!

bfgTokoro

[Post New]by glen1129 on Mar 5, 13 11:24 AM
Why am I having a problem buying this game? It doesn't go past the "shopping cart" screen where the TUESDAY code is automatically put in.. It will not go to the "billing & shipping screen. Nothing happens when I click on "continue" Never had problems purchasing a game before. Any ideas of what to do? Thanks!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Mar 5, 13 11:31 AM
Hi glen1129,

Welcome to the Pond! That sounds like it may be a browser issue that could be cleared up by clearing the cache. Sometimes older data gets mixed up and causes problems like that, and our help article here covers how to try that out:

Clear Browser Cache

If that doesn't help, you can also get in touch with our Tech Support Team and they'll be happy to have a look at that for you.

I hope that helps so you can enjoy the game!

bfgSeine

blueteal44
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by blueteal44 on Mar 7, 13 11:04 PM
Had the game hang just before the ending with the gems you had to collect.Also had trouble with words for items to find ,picolet was a pick axe also stub was an apple core how are you supposed to know ?.

Edited on 03/07/2013 at 11:05:11 PM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 8, 13 4:29 AM
Hi blueteal44,

From your message I am not too sure if you were able to finish the game or not so I just wanted to pop in and let you know that if you haven't been able to finish up the game for some reason, that please feel free to contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page for more specific advice. One of our Reps will be happy to help you.

If you feel like it is necessary, please don't hesitate to ask for the issue to be escalated and if you have the time, please run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

I hope this information is helpful and best of luck!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 03/08/2013 at 4:32:49 AM PST

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Mar 8, 13 1:25 PM
blueteal44 wrote:Had the game hang just before the ending with the gems you had to collect.Also had trouble with words for items to find ,picolet was a pick axe also stub was an apple core how are you supposed to know ?.

That's just bad translating, plain and simple, and you have no way of knowing. "Stub" was the one that really got me. I must have spent half an hour looking for a cigar, cigarette or ticket stub, before I just finally just clicked on everything in the scene, one at a time, and just waited out the click penalties. Apparently, the game designers don't know the word "core".

[Post New]by AustinFlame on Mar 18, 13 2:59 PM
Took hours to download. First time it gave an error message that I had to have a key to unlock it. Just finished downloading it again, ran a Dr. Felix when the validating portion froze the game manager. Now it's installing, so I have no idea what the problem is but I'm sending the Dr. Felix report right now. Not happy with this particular CE right now..

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 18, 13 5:24 PM
Hi AustinFlame,

I'm sorry you're having such trouble with this CE! But thank you for running that Dr. Felix and sending it in. I'm sure our Tech Support Team will be able to help get everything straightened out.

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by debra19601 on Mar 22, 13 12:28 PM
I am up to the HOS with the skeleton that you can move by putting hair on the mannequin heads. The lipstick is on the left side and I can see it but when I try to click on it, I can't select it. I tried to hit hint but it doesn't point at anything else. I can't move on from here. Help!!

Go to: