sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

Re:Reviews for Silent Scream II: The Bride

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Feb 23, 13 1:04 PM
I finished the demo and I am very interested in the storyline of the game. That said, I dislike all the HOG scenes, but the story reminds of some type of Rebecca ish storyline. I imagine there is some type of dead sister, girlfriend or wife involved in all of this; however, it makes me want to find out the ending. Very reminiscent of the older type games from a few years ago. These had great storylines but an incessant amount of HOG scenes. I will use one of my coupons to finish the game. I would imagine it will not be terribly long. A nice little game for a Saturday afternoon in frigid Ohio. From other comments I would imagine this may be an old game that BF had in its vaults, but not certain.

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Feb 23, 13 3:29 PM
I just finished the game, and though I didn't expect to (based on the bulk of the reviews) I actually enjoyed it a lot.

It played well, the hidden objects were mostly easily found, and the ending was, erm, very different indeed. (By that, I don't mean that there wasn't one, or that if you blinked you missed it - there was a proper ending - a believable ending, in fact - it just wasn't what I was expecting!!)

Kudos to the devs for this one, in my opinion.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Feb 23, 13 3:44 PM
wow dev's what a awesome game i just finished the game, thx for this game..I hope you come out with another one like this one like i said before the Graphics are so beautiful and the sounds went with the story. very spookey.. thx BF for this awesome game..I hope the rest of you fishes enjoyed the game as much as i have, keep up the good work DEV's,, 5 's..

xdolphine
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by xdolphine on Feb 23, 13 7:42 PM

Edited on 02/26/2013 at 3:50:14 AM PST

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Feb 23, 13 8:55 PM
Just completed the game. I usually do not return to give comments, but this game was so good I felt that I should. It was like watching a Hitchcock movie. To me, a must play! I was so intrigued with the storyline I kept playing until the very end. An excellent game! The games and puzzles were average but the storyline has a twist which makes the game. I would highly recommend this game for the story. It definitely kept me on edge. You will definitely not fall asleep with this game. So much better than some of the CEs we have had. They could have made this a CE and I guess I wonder why they didn't. To me, it is also the right length, not too long. I played this game in about 4 hours. Great job devs! Again my only complaint were the myriad of HOG scenes, but other than that, the game was wonderful.

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on Feb 23, 13 10:54 PM
cbtx wrote:To expand a bit on what I earlier said in my review:
mycatluna said:
"Another reviewer cautioned animal lovers about this game from 'early on'. I have to respectfully disagree.The instance in which I believe the reviewer is referring to is not cruel by any means.No animals die on screen or are visibly harmed in any way. I did not feel at all uncomfortable. I felt it would be helpful to expound upon that statement to clarify any fears about visible animal cruelty or death."

So, SPOILER ALERT----read at your own choice----
The scene I was referring to involved the feeding of a cutely drawn mouse/rat that was fed to a vicious looking weasel. And although nothing is shown, it is quite clear the smaller animal becomes food for the larger. I personally had a problem with it----it made me a bit uncomfortable, surprised me, and I felt the issue could have been resolved another way, and I know some here in the pond are sensitive to any sort of that type of treatment to any animal, visible or implied and do not appreciate that type of image (visible or implied). So I tried to include a warning to help those people. And I'm a big animal lover myself. I should have known someone would take issue with it. Excuse me for trying to be helpful. (And then some people wonder why some reviewers grow weary with having their reviews reviewed, called out, and commented on. *sigh*)
In a word, the scene is simply unnecesary.

cbtx:
That is the exact scene I assumed you were referring to; however, you misunderstood my review. I was simply clarifying for other gamers that you don't actually 'see' any death or cruelty. If I were looking through the reviews, I would want detailed information from other gamers about a topic like that, wouldn't you? That was my intent. The rat runs away and the weasel chases it. That's all. I was polite in my response and expanded upon your original statement to help others by providing more details, just as you wanted to help others by mentioning it. Please don't take my words out of context and view them as a personal attack.We were both being helpful, and we both have a right to our own opinions based on our individual preferences.This is why I left the forums 2 years ago: misunderstandings abound. I assure you my intent was not to be rude or 'take issue' with your statement. I apologize if that is the way that it was perceived.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Feb 24, 13 6:31 AM
WOW! Another one game that you MUST buy. Its a bit dark, but when its HOS, objects are ok to find, and interactive HOS. Inventory usage and merger makes sense.

I was frustrated by the trap the mouse game and gave up, any hints would be great. I guess basically u anticipate where the mouse would go and block the nearest slot, being hexagon, its kinda of challenging. The rest of the mini puzzles are ok to play through

Recommended to buy while BFG has got good offers

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Feb 24, 13 7:19 AM
This game is very heavy on H0 scenes which is why I won't be getting it.

I was also surprised and very annoyed to see that there were sparkles in the hard mode. They were pointing out things you need to pick up.

Please let this be a warning to those fishies (like me) who like to play without any help at all. Hard mode should be hard mode.

I wish developers would understand that no sparkles means NO sparkles...at all. Sorry rant over.

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Feb 24, 13 8:33 AM
Yes, absolutely positive! (I think so anyway - It is possible I clicked the wrong thing
Can't check now as I've deleted it but as it's soo H0 heavy I wouldn't want it anyway.
But thanks for your help and concern and for bothering to reply.
Much appreciated.

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Feb 24, 13 9:13 AM
wow.. many different reviews. I played, bought, and finished. I liked this game and liked this story. Not going into my top 10 favs but worth the play time.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Feb 24, 13 10:50 AM
I liked what I played and not bad for an SE. Graphics were ok but didn't like the puzzles, took too long before you could skip. Hated the mouse puzzle. Had to skip.. Hints reload fast and has tasks you need to do. Didn't get to play the entire 60 min as it stopped after you got to a certain point. Give this 2 out of 5 stars..

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Feb 24, 13 1:03 PM
Unbelievably good story to the game.

Thoroughly enjoyed playing this game.

It kept me on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen next.

[Post New]by cbdonahue1503 on Feb 24, 13 2:08 PM
I completely enjoyed this game! I thought the story line was great but I especially enjoyed the numerous HOS. I wish all of the games had numerous HOS because some of us older folks enjoy that. We are not so much interested in the spectacular scenes that make you jump out of your skin or the ones that you have to use the "walkthrough" to finish the game. This was so enjoyable and the graphics were absolutely beautiful! I wish you would state in the preview of the game that there are "multiple or numerous" HOS. This would help me better choose the game purchases I make. Thanks for this game. It was great, great, great!!!

moondances
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by moondances on Feb 24, 13 4:19 PM
I wanted to like this game, but when the skip button takes 4+ minutes to fill on a puzzle style I dislike, I have to pass-And on one puzzle involving a rat (I don't think this is a spoiler), I solved it three times only to be sent back to start-Very frustrating game-And I wanted to address the animal cruelty issue-I am an animal lover-So saying, I cringed and felt sick at the spot I believe everyone is talking about-I wouldn't buy this game for fear there are more of those 'spots' elsewhere-One more thing I found amusing was when our heroine, with the upper-crust Brit accent, said, 'ME and Jonathan'-Sadly, I will not be buying this game even tho the story line was interesting.

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Feb 24, 13 9:27 PM
So somehow I had a glitch in the game where it came to crossing the bridge. I ended up having to uninstall, reinstall, create new profile, replay everything only to find out I was about at the end. HOWEVER, I enjoyed the game. The story line had a great ( well, maybe not great ) twist at the end. Overall, I was actually taken by how much artwork was done in the mansion, even in rooms where you were just passing through. This concept was maintained throughout the game and it was a joy to play. I did not find the puzzles complicated and they didn't hit you with one at every turn. So aside from my tech issue I had, I'd definately recommend this game. My second run through the game, skipping only dialogue and cut scenes, took me under 2 hours. Oh, that was another draw back for me. I thought the dialogue could have flowed a bit easier than it did. But other than that, I thought it was a great game to play.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Feb 25, 13 12:16 AM

Edited on 02/26/2013 at 3:52:49 AM PST

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Feb 25, 13 4:01 AM
Good game, at least until now, the demo went fast and kept me interested up to end, so I got the game, and I was not disappointed, nice graphics and story, some of the minigames are easier than others, but too many HOS, though they go quite fast, they are a bit annoying, the music it's nice, the intents are braves! Well worth as SE, I like this new dvlps, 4

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Feb 25, 13 10:03 AM
Sat down and played this straight through. I was totally captured by the demo (despite the negative reviews,) sometimes I wondered if we were all playing the same game. Yes there are a lot of HOS, but they are very easy, clear and crisp and do have some interaction in them. The mini games are very easy and different and I actually enjoyed playing them which is a first for this mini game hater. Both aid in making this game move very smoothly.

I did play on the Thrilling mode and yes, there were a few sparkles but not so many I found them annoying. Sometimes I think players who refuse to play a game because of sparkles and HOS miss out on a lot of great stuff. How sad.

The story was definately a unique one. I thought when it started out as the usual "car wreck with woman looking for her man", that it was a "same-o", well was I certainly surprised and the ending was a definate shocker.

The only thing I really disliked were the voice overs that kept coming even though I turned them completely down. Either they were really bad English actors or really bad English accents...they were quite annoying.

Graphics were clear and crisp although they could be a bit dark now and then. Lots and lots of things to do and I totally enjoyed this game. Don't let the bad reviewers get you down...give this a try, I think you will like it! I give it a 4.5 out of 5 (only because of the lousy voiceovers).

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on Feb 25, 13 1:23 PM
Looks like I am the only one here that did not like it! I have become spoiled from playing games from the really great developers...need I name them?? LOL

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Feb 25, 13 10:24 PM
I enjoyed the demo which I played in thrilling mode. I wish there was a choice between sparkles everywhere and no hints at all. There are plenty of HOS which are played twice. Objects so far have been relatively easy to find, so I can't comment on how long the hint takes to fill. The skip button takes a lot longer than it should on the easy mode. I don't know why developers do that. What difference does it make if I want to skip a puzzle? Some I simply do not care for, and I don't want to wait to progress in the game. I found the music to be annoying so I played without sound. All in all, a fun game that will go on my buy list. For now I have a backlog of games from the recent sales. Enjoy!

Go to: