marloflip
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Re:Post any Barn Yarn technical issues here only

[Post New]by marloflip on Mar 5, 13 5:59 AM
This is really bazaar...I have lost joe and the dog completely!
I have been playing game all day (on and off) and have not seen them for hours, just the boy.
And some of my customers are talking in Russian!!!!!!!!
There are russian words on the screen!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 5, 13 6:06 AM
Hi marloflip,

That is bizarre!

You could give uninstalling and reinstalling the game a try in case the game files are a little mixed up.

Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If the problems persist though, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. There is a Contact Us link to the right of the Help pages and one of our reps will be happy to take a look at this with you.

Hope this helps a bit!

bfgBaikal

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Mar 5, 13 6:35 AM
I am using a PC with W7 and all drivers updated completely as of yesterday...bought this game and played it all the way through with no problems. It never froze or sent messages to me. Sorry some of you are having problems because it is a cute game and well worth the $...it is really long. Good luck.

[Post New]by Angie1001 on Mar 5, 13 10:20 AM
mia227 wrote:Without a doubt this game is the problem not people's computers. When the characters faces disappear from the side of the screen, the game is in the process of crashing or whatever you want to call it. Anything you do or click on after that point is not saved. This game was released too soon. It should be taken off the site until it is corrected.

Same problem here. I might be able to get a level done before it crashes again.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 5, 13 10:45 AM
Hey there Angie1001,

Since the game continues to crash it would be a huge help if you would write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix. They'll be able to work with you one-on-one with some options to help get the game working properly!

Just click here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thanks!

bfgIzara

Clairebs
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by Clairebs on Mar 5, 13 5:28 PM
I am having the same problem with the characters dissappearing followed by crashing. My computer is brand new with a fast processor, dedicated graphics and is fully up to date with everything. It plays all the games my old one couldn't handle perfectly. I can't understand why it is having problems with this game.

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Mar 6, 13 1:57 AM
Hi Clairebs,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're also having issues with the characters disappearing followed by a crash.

In order to help us filter as many information as we can on this issue; and this information may vary on different systems and set ups; we would really appreciate it if you could take the time to run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to work on a personalized troubleshooting.

Thank you very much.

bfgTokoro

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 7, 13 7:52 AM
Mine is a very minor issue. The magnet, supposed to help find items, does nothing. It does not move or shake or point even when right next to an item that's on the list. I try not to use it but sometimes, if it's near a list item, I click on it accidentally. Never had that kind of problem with any of the other games, but in this one, that magnet is useless.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 7, 13 10:47 AM
That's definitely odd, jennsmom, that the magnet isn't doing it's job in the game!

One tip would be to check for any updates to the video card driver which can help to get parts of the game working properly.

Please be sure to get in touch with our Tech Support with a Dr. Felix about this as well. They'll work with you one-on-one to help try and figure that out!

Just click here and submit an email to reach them. Live Chat Support is also available Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST if you're a Big Fish Game Club member.

Thanks and best of luck!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by 1_Queenbee on Mar 8, 13 7:05 PM
I have read all the forum but don't see a problem like mine. The game looks great but my mouse won't work. This is so frustrating. Should I download it again? I have dual monitors and the mouse works fine in the oposite screen but as soon as I try to go to the game the mouse won't show up and I just have to guess where it is and it keeps turning off.

maxbridge
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Yep - same problem as everyone else here

[Post New]by maxbridge on Mar 8, 13 10:00 PM
Barn Yarn Freezing or crashing out to entry screen

I am having the same problem I see as lots of others. All my other games run perfectly - I have reloaded Java, Shockwave and Adobe, checked my DIAG and reinstalled the game - it still freezes, or crashes out - each time after about 5 minutes into the game. The music continues just the graphics freeze up. I have windows 7. I have sent a Dr Felix file in - hope you can fix the glitch BFG - looking forward to an update - cute game but it won't save either when it crashes out - unless I manually save in time but I would have to do this every 3-4 minutes and even then it's unpredictable. Hope to see a new version soon..
Cheers.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 9, 13 3:43 AM
Hi Fishies,

1_Queenbee - Welcome to the Pond!

As the mouse failed to display for you, I would first suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game just in case the game files got a little mixed up during installation.

I would also encourage you to take a look at the following help article which has some great advice on how to update the elements that display your game:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the problems with the mouse persist though, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

maxbridge gosh I'm sorry you have had so many issues. Thanks for running and sending a Dr. Felix, this is the best way to get specific support and I am sure that the Team will have some advice for you soon.

Thanks,

bfgBaikal

otineke
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by otineke on Mar 9, 13 2:51 PM
the demo worked fine, bought the game and first everything went okay, but now it already closes itselfs a few times and i have to start the game again...and lost every progress...this way i could play forever, and ever, and ever....

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Mar 9, 13 3:28 PM
Hi otineke,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening! It sounds like there are a couple different things going on there, but as a first step, I recommend checking this help article, which goes over how to update programs and drivers which might be causing those issues:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those tips aren't working, our Tech Support Team will be more than happy to look further into that with you so you can get back to the game.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by Dragonclaws0554 on Mar 9, 13 4:43 PM
I have had some of the crashing problems too. The full demo played properly so I purchased it, but since then the game itself has crashed two or 3 times. One of the crashes was major prompting a hard shut down and full disk check.

I kept playing and made it through buying all of the upgrades only for nothing to happen. I feel cheated. NOTHING happened, it's just a scene inside the barn with the dog running around. No "congrats, you have beat the game" or menu button or anything. I can't even get to the menu to shut the game down. Real bummer.

Clairebs
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by Clairebs on Mar 9, 13 5:19 PM
My Dr Felix reply suggested upgrading my graphics driver. I did this and uninstalled and reinstalled the game but I still have the same problems. I reckon the problem is with the game and not my system.

Rosa96
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Rosa96 on Mar 9, 13 8:48 PM
I can play for about 5 minutes and then game locks up. Items go blank then everything freezes. Task manager ends game and the problem occurs again. I have Windows 7. Love the game, but am getting tired of this,

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 10, 13 4:33 AM
Heya Fishies,

Dragonclaws0554 - That definitely is disappointing, I'm really sorry to hear about all the problems! It might be that your computer is having some problems to display the game properly, which could also cause all the crashes. You can find some easy steps on how to check that by clicking here.

Clairebs - Since the update for your drivers couldn't fix the problem I would recommend that you get back in touch with our Tech Support. They'll have even more suggestions for you to get everything worked out!

Rosa96 - When a game freezes like this, it usually is a sign that the computer is having problems to process the game properly. An update to some of your software could help fixing this already. You can find some steps on how to do that by clicking here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by sassy57 on Mar 10, 13 9:29 AM
I am also having freezing issues, etc. My PC is relatively new with updated drivers etc. I'm thinking that if it will play the other 90+ games I've bought over the last 6 years with BFG, it's the game, not my PC. I'm so not into making a lot of changes to my PC just to be able to play a game that wasn't de-bugged before release. Just refund me my game credit and let me know when you get the bugs out of the game.

[Post New]by jodjacdan on Mar 10, 13 10:07 AM
Hi have just got my computer back after getting someone to look at the issue of overheating - computer fine absolutely no problems - but for some reason when I play this game my fan goes into over drive and the computer overheats to the stage of getting a warning saying close it down. Only happens with this game -have tried lots of other things including going on Utube but it only happens with this game. Sorry I bought it really

Go to: