angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Post any Azada: Elementa Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 7, 13 6:51 AM
Well isn't this just great After 6 hours, 4 efforts to try and d/l this demo and finally it finished, the game crashed after 31 minutes.

Not that I have any intention of buying another 'same old' game from ERS but I would have at least liked to finish the demo.

ETA: I decided to try and finish the demo; it continued from where it crashed but after another 20 minutes it just became frozen and I had to ctrl-alt-del to get out of it. Needless to say it was deleted after that.

Edited on 03/08/2013 at 1:06:15 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 7, 13 7:29 AM
Gosh I'm sorry angelfish106!

It sounds like your computer and game are not communicating as they should with one another.

The help article here has some general troubleshooting steps that have helped others to resolve similar issues:

If those steps don't help, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team.

This will allow Tech Support to provide some advice tailored to your system!

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

bbeaver1946
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by bbeaver1946 on Mar 7, 13 8:56 AM
running windows 7, download no problem, game play good until 3 min left in demo and game crashed. access error. don't know whether to buy or not. last time I had this problem the game never did work and no help from customer service.

Edited on 03/07/2013 at 9:03:03 AM PST

Access Violation

[Post New]by helbert on Mar 7, 13 9:52 AM
During the Azada: Elementa CE demo, the game crashed three times (in different game locations) due to access violations. Restarting the game and clicking Play would return me a few steps before the crash point. Replaying the steps would get me past the latest crash point just fine.

System Info:
Alienware M17x10 (laptop)
Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU M 620 @ 2.67GHz
RAM 8 GB
64-bit Operating System
Samsung SSD PM810
ATI Mobility Radeo HD 5870
Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1

Other apps open at the same time: MS IE 8, latest Google Chrome, Pandora desktop app, Window's Sticky Notes

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Mar 7, 13 10:23 AM
My game also crashed after about 1 hour play- access violation.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 7, 13 10:23 AM
Hey there bbeaver1946, govegril and helbert,

Thanks for posting about those crash and Access Violation issues in the game.

One step that I would recommend trying would be to run the game as an administrator. This can sometimes give the game the correct permission it needs to run, helping to fix those issues.

If this doesn't work, or if you'd prefer one-on-one assistance our Tech Support Team will definitely do everything they can to help. To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

Thanks again and I hope this helps!

bfgIzara

Edited on 03/07/2013 at 10:26:15 AM PST

yaeltje
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by yaeltje on Mar 7, 13 10:45 AM
Same here, the first 35 % went as quick as usuallyl but now it almost stopped:.
4 Hours for 5 %.
This is the second game that downloads this slow, the other one was " haunted legends: the undertaker".
I can download other games without a problem so it isn't my computer.

LKlimo
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by LKlimo on Mar 7, 13 12:03 PM
The game has frozen on me about four times. The last time it said it did a "mini dump", whatever that is. I've had to have task manager close the game each time BUT so far, when I go back in, although I have to redo the last step, I have been able to continue with the game. I am now starting the second element and hope that I can finish the game without any more problems. Why does it seem that most of the problems lately have been with the ERS games?

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Mar 7, 13 12:14 PM
Hi yaeltje,

I'm sorry to hear you're running into problems with downloading the game. Since it's happening with only that one game, I recommend trying to pause the download, then start it again. That can sometimes get it moving a bit quicker. You can also try canceling the download and attempting it once more, which might help as well. If those tips aren't working, I recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team and they'll be happy to have a look at that for you.

LKlimo, that doesn't sound like any fun! From your description, it sounds like there may be some compatibility issues with the game being able to save on your computer. I recommend letting our Tech Support Team know what's happening and they may be able to find a solution for you.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

tarrocket
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by tarrocket on Mar 7, 13 12:59 PM
I have an issue with the bonus game. The scrape metal rod is together with the gear so I can't use the metal rod to remove the rocks.

Edited on 03/07/2013 at 1:06:02 PM PST

teenna
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by teenna on Mar 7, 13 12:59 PM
The problem that I seem to be having and this is not the only game it happens with. I seem to having this issue with Collector editions. I will be playing along and all of a sudden my games go black...my monitor goes to sleep. I have tried pushing all kinds of buttons but the only way to get out of it is to hold my on/off button for a few seconds till my puter shuts off.ctrl/alt/delete will not work. I can still hear game sound. I have not had this problem before. I did reciently install a driver tool to help me get updated drivers and I know that it updated my GeForce 9600 Nvidia game card. I use Vista operating system and have tried with a previous game to make it an administrator but the game would not play at all. I love this game site and do not usually have any issues. Hopefully you will be able to give me some advise. I have been able to play games that are not collector issues with no problems.
Thanks for your time.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Mar 7, 13 2:56 PM
mothermayhem wrote:
fla_girl wrote:I'm having problems reading the HOG words that are written in red and has a dark green background, might want to change this comination.

Same problem. had to grab my husbands magnifier.

Will agree -- definitely hard to read. There are several comments about that in another thread here.

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Mar 7, 13 3:53 PM
download was fine but the game seems to be running slowly. going from one scene to another seems slow.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 7, 13 4:03 PM
teenna wrote:The problem that I seem to be having and this is not the only game it happens with. I seem to having this issue with Collector editions. I will be playing along and all of a sudden my games go black...my monitor goes to sleep. I have tried pushing all kinds of buttons but the only way to get out of it is to hold my on/off button for a few seconds till my puter shuts off.ctrl/alt/delete will not work. I can still hear game sound. I have not had this problem before. I did reciently install a driver tool to help me get updated drivers and I know that it updated my GeForce 9600 Nvidia game card. I use Vista operating system and have tried with a previous game to make it an administrator but the game would not play at all. I love this game site and do not usually have any issues. Hopefully you will be able to give me some advise. I have been able to play games that are not collector issues with no problems.
Thanks for your time.

Hi teenna,

Our Collector's Edition games usually involve larger files, require more memory and use more resources on your computer. Since you're only having trouble playing those games, the first thing I'd suggest is freeing up some space on your computer by uninstalling any older games you've already finished. (You'll be able to reinstall them from your Purchase History here later if you'd like.)

If that doesn't help, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They have the tools to see how those games are running with your particular system and can see what other specific adjustments can be made to get this issue resolved. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by annchristine on Mar 7, 13 6:48 PM
I was playing the game for about 20 minutes, when all of a sudden, black boxes appeared on the screen. When I arrowed to another screen, the picture was jumbled up..... then the game crashed.
Never had this happen in any other games.
What could have caused this and how can I fix it.
I LOVE Azada games but this is unplayable!

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Mar 8, 13 2:19 AM
Hi annchristine,

We definitely want you to enjoy your game!

These issues can be caused by a couple things, but this help article has some troubleshooting steps you can try which may work in getting that running properly:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the advice in the help articles don't help; you'll need to get some dedicated help from our Tech Support Team. The best thing to do is to run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and send that over to our Tech Support Team, so we can get to helping you right away.

Best of luck!

bfgTokoro

Edited on 03/08/2013 at 2:19:35 AM PST

[Post New]by AngelFish49 on Mar 8, 13 5:17 AM

After numerous access violations during the 1 hour trial, I have decided to check back with the forum or wait for the SE.

gale129
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by gale129 on Mar 8, 13 10:02 AM
During the bonus section of this game (no glitches for me on THIS game up until now) for some reason after collecting several items including the shield for the box under the stones and a gear for use later in the game, the gear is on top of and in the same inventory box as the shield and I cant get to the shield, which is needed to get me to where the gear goes. I exited out of the game and went back and it's still the same. Anyone else with this problem?

tarrocket
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by tarrocket on Mar 8, 13 10:33 AM
To Gale129, I got that same glitch but with the metal rod. At first it was with the jars and when I went back into the game it was with the gears. So I'm stuck since I can't get the rod to move the rocks.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 8, 13 10:38 AM
Hey Fishies,

Just swimming in with a little help!

AngelFish49: I'm very sorry to hear those pesky Access Violation messages were showing up. If you'd like to give it another try I would definitely check out the helpful tips and tricks in the Access Violation help article .

gale129: Although I haven't heard of other Fishies with that same issue it may help to uninstall and reinstall the game. This can sometimes move the needed game files to get everything working properly again.

If there are still issues in the game Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our Reps will be happy to work with you directly to try and figure that out!

I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

Go to: