kjos
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:Reviews for Azada: Elementa Collector's Edition

[Post New]by kjos on Mar 7, 13 10:57 AM
Just wondering if there are very many HOs. I don't mind a few but I dislike a whole lot of them. thanks

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Mar 7, 13 11:49 AM
I really enjoyed the game. I liked everything about it. I did enjoy the other Azada games and will definitely add this one to my collection.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Mar 7, 13 11:55 AM
Don't know what is wrong with some of the fishes.. So negative and don't even give it a chance. I love ERS games, they give us orginality, great graphics and so much better than some of the demon,witch and devil games. This played well and I most certainly will buy this game. Elephant games are ok but some I don't like. Different strokes for different people. Give this a 4 out 5 stars.. Other fishes don't read all the negative things that were said, give it a chance and make your own decision.

Edited on 03/07/2013 at 11:59:05 AM PST

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Mar 7, 13 12:09 PM
Joyfulllady, thank you for an excellent review, one that was a joy to read!

Based on your review, I will play the trial. I never got in to the first Azada games. They just didn't interest me but this one sounds different. I guess with the first two, it was all the puzzles that I didn't care for. I like it that this one has HOGS and even a pet you can choose, name, dress, etc.

ladytdd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by ladytdd on Mar 7, 13 12:38 PM
Don't like it!! Please return Azada games to original format!!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 7, 13 1:02 PM
twinsoniclab wrote:
daisyduck352 wrote:Don't know what is wrong with some of the fishes.. So negative and don't even give it a chance. I love ERS games, they give us orginality, great graphics and so much better than some of the demon,witch and devil games. This played well and I most certainly will buy this game. Elephant games are ok but some I don't like. Different strokes for different people. Give this a 4 out 5 stars.. Other fishes don't read all the negative things that were said, give it a chance and make your own decision.

We should always demo games and decide for ourselves! But, the point of reviews is to have both negative and positive views!
The negative reviews for this game are by players that have tried the game, they gave it a chance. I gave it a 15 minute chance. I knew in 15 minutes that I did not like the game. I knew in 15 minutes that the games and puzzles were simple with a capital S, and the instructions for said games and puzzles are insufficient to understand what to do. I knew in 15 minutes that my "little helper" was a silly dress-up character that would not add to my game enjoyment.

As you say, "different strokes..." I find ERS to be too linear for my taste, and lately too easy. I see no originality. I don't like games with "magical" objects I have to wave around the scene. I like "helpers" but not little dress-up games. I would buy that kind of game! If it has no relation to the game, then leave it out. I gave it a chance, and gave it a negative review.

Other fishies should indeed read the negative reviews! They should also read the positive ones! Then they should demo it.

and most of the negatives are this is not what i would call a Azqda game...its a hog game.....

Calais30
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by Calais30 on Mar 7, 13 1:21 PM
twinsoniclab wrote:
daisyduck352 wrote:Don't know what is wrong with some of the fishes.. So negative and don't even give it a chance. I love ERS games, they give us orginality, great graphics and so much better than some of the demon,witch and devil games. This played well and I most certainly will buy this game. Elephant games are ok but some I don't like. Different strokes for different people. Give this a 4 out 5 stars.. Other fishes don't read all the negative things that were said, give it a chance and make your own decision.

We should always demo games and decide for ourselves! But, the point of reviews is to have both negative and positive views!
The negative reviews for this game are by players that have tried the game, they gave it a chance. I gave it a 15 minute chance. I knew in 15 minutes that I did not like the game. I knew in 15 minutes that the games and puzzles were simple with a capital S, and the instructions for said games and puzzles are insufficient to understand what to do. I knew in 15 minutes that my "little helper" was a silly dress-up character that would not add to my game enjoyment.

As you say, "different strokes..." I find ERS to be too linear for my taste, and lately too easy. I see no originality. I don't like games with "magical" objects I have to wave around the scene. I like "helpers" but not little dress-up games. I would buy that kind of game! If it has no relation to the game, then leave it out. I gave it a chance, and gave it a negative review.

Other fishies should indeed read the negative reviews! They should also read the positive ones! Then they should demo it.
I would say to forgo reading the negative reviews of those who don't like the developer, because they are necessarily going to say something negative.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Mar 7, 13 1:28 PM
Aside from Titus, there is little to remind one of the original Azada Puzzle Games.

That said, you might be tempted to label this an excellent ERS game for all they threw into the game play. Frankly, there is so much that is just fluff -- a magic bottle that flashes when you need to use it, an animal friend, you can give it a name, an age and a hometown (huh? why?), that pops up to tell you an important fact in gibberish, coins to find to buy clothes and such for your furry friend, animals you will just come across in the course of play that get added to a story book -- all those things have little bearing on how clever you might feel once you fix Azada.

• Widescreen (on a 24" iMac) filled with beautiful hazy ERS graphics
• Interactive HO scenes with interactive items printed in red on dark green -- very hard to read.
• Very simple puzzles
• 3 play modes -- no black bar hints in hardcore, sparkles for HOs remain in advanced
• Fast transport map -- after you click to answer the question "Are you sure you want to go that way?"
• Diary with notes and objectives -- click on an objective and you will get a hint
• Voice overs for all characters
• Collect parts of 3 amulets -- essential
• Collect coins -- non essential

CE extras -- you name it, it's there.

You are the Chosen One. Titus comes to you in a dream, wakes you up to answer the door, its a delivery man/taxi driver with a package you will need on your trip. You must have been all packed -- you leave immediately. It is daytime, it is not raining, things don't stay normal very long. …

As for the aforementioned fluff -- it really got in the way of the game flow. Come across an animal -- a window pops out from the right, find a coin -- a window pops out from the left, find an area of interest -- the magic bottle flashes. Interacting with a personalized pet -- Save Azada or buy it a sweater -- seriously?

No thank you.

edit -- various typos and stuff

Edited on 03/07/2013 at 1:37:44 PM PST

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Mar 7, 13 2:17 PM
Well I'm a fan of fluff, and cute animals and collectibles and wallpapers and being able to re-play puzzles and jumping maps and...eesh - I can barely keep track of all the bells and whistles in this one!

Now - the particular bells and whistles in the game may not be everyone's cuppa (though Elephant games has a fair amount of cute animals and collectible animals and animal companions and animals you photograph & everyone loves those... ) (Oh and 9 had the glowing amulet which you used to find hidden items - we loved that too!) Any whoo - this new offering leaves no doubt that ERS does pay heed to our comments and reviews. Four games ago they were raked over the verbal coals for having "non-CE worthy 'extras'" OH! Coloring book! Remembered another one! Love this game, or hate it - you can't deny it's got every bell and whistle imaginable.

I suppose with this offering there's alot in a name - Azada - pretty hallowed name too. The original is still on my "replay often" list. Part of me misses the straightforward "puzzleness" of that game, but I just can't hold that against this new version entirely. This is a lovely game in its own right. It's kind of like comparing a film to the book it's based on - a no win situation - you just have to try to enjoy each medium on its own merits.

Luckily I haven't re-visited Azada the first in over a year - so I'll just meander through this new world with my companion and see where it takes me.

For the technical; runs well so far - there are scads of instructions at the get go - but that passes soon enough and I'm curious to see where this journey will take me and plan on enjoying the sights and creatures and puzzles along the way.

Do give it a go - if nothing else it will elicit a strong emotion one way or the other! Heck if you land on the "hate" side of the argument you'll 99% go back and paly the original Azada & that's a fine way to spend a Thursday!

Happy Gaming!

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Mar 7, 13 2:35 PM
here, here, biscuitmama! Your review was fantastic and I am so glad that we are in agreement! I know there are puzzle gamers in the pond and are disappointed but I think this Azada is beautiful and ERS took the game in the direction that they thought would appeal to alot of different types of gamers, imo.....I don't think this game is childish at all, it is a fantasy game after all...Maybe I am playing a different game as I don't find the graphics hazy or washed out....they are very colourful. ERS has provided a quality product in this CE and it shows that alot of work went into this wonderful masterpiece! thanks again, biscuitmama...

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Mar 7, 13 2:55 PM
An absolutely wondrous game from the GamERS. To me, much better than the previous games. The GamERS have upped their game with this one. Absolutely beautiful graphics, great sound, interesting puzzles. There is some new technology in play with this game. I love my little pet. My own cat looks very much like him. This is definitely not a children's game. I cannot believe the bad press on this game. Sounds like sour grapes because BF had another dev create this game! Geesh! Happens all the time in business. Get over it, folks! Unless you work for the company (I have my suspicions here) what difference does it make? Really? You are not going to play a game because your favorite cuddly little dev didn't design it? Are you serious? Personally, I don't care who designed the game. I only play games I like and I personally like this game and I don't care who designed it! To me, this is one of the best designed games we have had this year! And, I really enjoy looking at the guy who introduces the game. He is definitely a sight for overworked eyes!

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Mar 7, 13 4:00 PM
i love this game. ers has a winner time after time. keep up the good work. i'm 64 and love ers games.

Edited on 03/07/2013 at 4:02:10 PM PST

Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Sept24 on Mar 7, 13 4:21 PM
I commented or reviewed whatever earlier that I was very disappointed in this Azada. Just want to point out that I am not an ERS basher and actually really like some of their games a lot. In fact although the original 2 Azada games were really unique and I loved them and would have enjoyed another one like them, I also loved Azada In Libro by ERS.and was expecting this one to be along the same vein. I know we all like different things but it seems to me that there are so many fewer of the other Azada style games out that to turn it into another same ole same ole is so disappointing.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 7, 13 4:29 PM
sunnyglow wrote:An absolutely wondrous game from the GamERS. To me, much better than the previous games. The GamERS have upped their game with this one. Absolutely beautiful graphics, great sound, interesting puzzles. There is some new technology in play with this game. I love my little pet. My own cat looks very much like him. This is definitely not a children's game. I cannot believe the bad press on this game. Sounds like sour grapes because BF had another dev create this game! Geesh! Happens all the time in business. Get over it, folks! Unless you work for the company (I have my suspicions here) what difference does it make? Really? You are not going to play a game because your favorite cuddly little dev didn't design it? Are you serious? Personally, I don't care who designed the game. I only play games I like and I personally like this game and I don't care who designed it! To me, this is one of the best designed games we have had this year! And, I really enjoy looking at the guy who introduces the game. He is definitely a sight for overworked eyes!

i dont see people griping about who the dev is or saying its a no buy for that reason, but the direction it was taken too...originally being a pure puzzle game..now a typical hog....

[Post New]by MemorableMovies on Mar 7, 13 4:29 PM
Sept24 wrote:I commented or reviewed whatever earlier that I was very disappointed in this Azada. Just want to point out that I am not an ERS basher and actually really like some of their games a lot. In fact although the original 2 Azada games were really unique and I loved them and would have enjoyed another one like them, I also loved Azada In Libro by ERS.and was expecting this one to be along the same vein. I know we all like different things but it seems to me that there are so many fewer of the other Azada style games out that to turn it into another same ole same ole is so disappointing.

I couldn't have said it better myself Sept24. I love ERS but this game was always a puzzle game and the beauty of it was there were no hidden object scenes. I have become so bored with those. There isn't enough variety available in games anymore. Azada provided variety from the same old same old... now it's just another h0g. That's a shame.

micah5
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by micah5 on Mar 7, 13 4:40 PM
I played it and I liked it I like the fantacy stuff. it takes the winter dulldroms away, The cat was fun to me. If my electric bill goes down I will buy this lol

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Mar 7, 13 6:00 PM
I agree
This game is, so far removed from the original, that they should of given it a diff name..........................I don't really care for adventure games, but I did try them so I know that this is no way, jose, same, as, the, original, game. Even though I like HO's this one is just to hard to find red on green yuck......................What were they thinking X-mas is long gone, should of been lavender on pink(Easter) did I say that oops the made me say it...................well of course thats my thoughts on this game.

Everyone likes and thinks differently so enjoy or not little fishies or big fishies..........................

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Mar 7, 13 6:36 PM
I've had a great laugh at some of the charming and funny comments here - glad to hear I'm not the only 60-ish Fishie who is tired of playing little kids' games. Collectible animals? Colouring pages? What?

OK, I really did enjoy the first 2 Azadas when I first joined BF. At the time they were innovative and creative and fun. At this point I was bored silly by the animals and "characters" and repetitive puzzles and infantile gameplay.

Definitely not a buy for me. I've got a few game credits to spend but will wait until I find something worth buying. I've suggested a few times that BF limit their game output to only a few a week, and only offer games that are new and creative.

Until then if games continue to be a waste of my demo-playing time, I may suspend my membership and spend money on another site. (I love the MDNA games.)

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Mar 7, 13 6:37 PM
One minute into the game and I knew I didn't like it. I used to like the Azada games but this one is icky....And 6 minutes into the games besides looking at the strategy guide, I couldn't figure out the blue bottle and that was the end of it for me. I will NOT be buying.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 7, 13 8:12 PM
I don't have either of the other games. Mostly because I prefer combo HOGs. This is a nice game, but not challenging. Not the usual quality you would expect from this dev. Graphics nice, but a bit blurry, music okay but got annoying, game play nice.

Did not like going to the same HOG twice in a row. Got very boring very quickly. Did not care for the sound you got when you found something. Games were extremely easy.

SG nice, hint system seemed about the same as usual. This game just didn't grab me like others have lately. Story line was just sort of ho-hum and nothing special to keep my interest past the demo. Sorry, no buy for me.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may thoroughly enjoy it. Thanks for the reviews.

Go to: