Re:Abandoned Train: Generator mini-game

[Post New]by hoendy on Jun 28, 08 7:19 AM
I cant even find where the lightbulb is!??

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jun 28, 08 7:38 AM
FriendAim wrote:Does anyone have a tip for the generatior portion that is a bit more specific? I cannot get this one. I've tried putting the bars in a million combinations and I'm just not getting it. Please help!

I'll give you 2 tips ... the left end of the longest bar goes on the 3rd pole. the shortest bar goes on the far right. Remember, the bars should "spark" when attached. If not, they are not in the correct positions. Good Luck.

[Post New]by putteringpossum on Jun 29, 08 2:18 PM
I have to agree with the people who are frustrated. I play these games for the mindless entertainment value. I just want to find hidden objects. I don't have the time or the inclination to have my brains sucked out my ears every time try to play this game. Some of us aren't hard line gamers, we do have a life and play for the simple fun and this IS NOT FUN!

[Post New]by BobbiJean4 on Jun 29, 08 2:35 PM
You don't use the plank by the waterfalls. It's to the right of the bird.

Sher57
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Sher57 on Jul 16, 08 7:14 PM
Now I am a Jellyfish LOL how did that happen?

Sher57
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Sher57 on Jul 16, 08 7:53 PM
I give up. I left to come back here and I had done most of the stones on the rocks and now all my lines are gone. Why do they not save.WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO START OVER. I have done everthing I can to get the lights back on and they just won't work. That is 2 spots that I have to do over. Not fair

Abandoned Train: Generator mini-game

[Post New]by cvsnow on Aug 10, 08 9:21 AM
bfgAegean wrote:Once you've broken into the train, you'll find the machine won't work unless it's properly lit.

I cut the lock but the door didn't open...... what have I missed?

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Aug 10, 08 7:30 PM
cvsnow, welcome to the forums. did you get a new map? That's what should have happened.

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

Abandoned Train: Generator mini-game

[Post New]by ghost777 on Aug 15, 08 6:05 PM
cvsnow wrote:
bfgAegean wrote:Once you've broken into the train, you'll find the machine won't work unless it's properly lit.

I cut the lock but the door didn't open...... what have I missed?

Like cesse says you should have got new map right after here try this again:
Grab the piece of journal that is on the left edge of the scene.
Lower left side, grab the hammer, and place it on the plank that is on the side of the yellow train car. The plank will go into inventory, go to the waterfall.
Once you find the bolt cutters in the waterfall,place the bolt cutters over the chain on the door and a new location will appear that contains a puzzle.

gail50111
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by gail50111 on Aug 30, 08 4:34 PM
[URL Removed by Moderator]

I found this website (gamezebo) because I got so frustrated with the abandoned train thing could not get all the bars right!!!!!!!, I knew that the madam fate one had tips and tricks so i fugured this did to

Edited on 01/30/2009 at 11:47:11 AM PST

[Post New]by BlackKnight_UK on Oct 12, 08 3:21 PM
It seems that no matter where I put the bars there is always one light bulb not lit. In the end I gave up and clicked "Solve" - this was no help, it just moves the bars and still leaves one light bult not lit.

Either there is a bug in the puzzle or I'm missing something obvious, which is it?

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 12, 08 6:49 PM
BlackKnight_UK wrote:It seems that no matter where I put the bars there is always one light bulb not lit. In the end I gave up and clicked "Solve" - this was no help, it just moves the bars and still leaves one light bult not lit.

Either there is a bug in the puzzle or I'm missing something obvious, which is it?
The solve button will only solve one step at a time. If you hit it again, it will solve another piece.

[Post New]by BlackKnight_UK on Oct 13, 08 3:47 AM
I gave up in the end, the solve button wasn't helping, but the link posted by gail50111 helped

I know I cheated but it was getting late and I wanted to get the puzzle done before going to bed.

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 13, 08 5:57 AM
BlackKnight_UK wrote:I gave up in the end, the solve button wasn't helping, but the link posted by gail50111 helped

I know I cheated but it was getting late and I wanted to get the puzzle done before going to bed.

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it
LOL- boy do I understand that! Have a great night and happy gaming!

[Post New]by rosebud1956 on Oct 25, 08 5:32 PM
Why can't their be a way to bypass mini-games to go on. I can't find anywhere to put the plank in the abandaned train mini game. Help! I'm too old to spend my life trying to figure out some of these puzzles!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 25, 08 6:58 PM
rosebud1956 wrote:Why can't their be a way to bypass mini-games to go on. I can't find anywhere to put the plank in the abandaned train mini game. Help! I'm too old to spend my life trying to figure out some of these puzzles!

Hi Rosebud- the plank does not go in the train. You use it to cross the ravine on the next page, i think.

forensicMD
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by forensicMD on Dec 31, 08 2:09 PM
Count me in as stuck. I thought the plank was a problem but I think maybe people are not putting it in the right place because they are trying to span the large waterfall. You want to put the plank onto the land at about the six o'clock position or thereabouts, if viewing the screen as a clock face. You are only going from the near foreground almost straight back. You are not trying to span the waterfall that occupies the left half, approximately, of the screen. Maybe that will help. I, too, kept my eye on the large waterfall when all I had to do was span the ditch in front of me.

Now I am stuck with the darn lights. I can get all but one on, too, but the answer does not seem to be logical. If I get a certain number of lights to glow, move the wires or whatever they are, to another position and back, I don't necessarily end up with the same number of lights glowing as I had previously even though the wires are back in the same position. Either that or I am going crazy, which right about now is a definite possibility, Maybe I will hit the New Years Eve bubbly instead of worrying about puzzles. I am about to tear my hair out! If someone figures it out, please take pity on the rest of us.

[Post New]by slcobb on May 25, 09 8:39 AM
cesse47 wrote:
FriendAim wrote:Does anyone have a tip for the generatior portion that is a bit more specific? I cannot get this one. I've tried putting the bars in a million combinations and I'm just not getting it. Please help!

I'll give you 2 tips ... the left end of the longest bar goes on the 3rd pole. the shortest bar goes on the far right. Remember, the bars should "spark" when attached. If not, they are not in the correct positions. Good Luck.

[Post New]by 123catfish on Aug 19, 09 3:32 PM
I do not know what any of you are talking about. I am at the generator and there is not waterfall to go to. Now what. Come on I need my hand held here and guide me to the right place.

[Post New]by 123catfish on Aug 19, 09 4:18 PM
me again. Okay I found where the plank goes and have been in the cave till my skin wrinkled and can not fined that darn spider. Help me before I go blind.

Go to: