cjpg1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

Re:Post any Dreamscapes: The Sandman technical issues here only

[Post New]by cjpg1 on Mar 18, 13 6:40 AM
Having the same problem but it is getting the last piece of the dream catcher. I put all the gem stones in place and nothing happens and I can not move them to get the walkway to get the last piece.

[Post New]by jaland on Mar 18, 13 4:50 PM
Hi cjpg1, did you manage to finish the game? I'm stuck in the same place, I have placed all the gem stones but can't go any further. Can't go up the walkway to Benny which I'm presuming is how you get the last piece of the dream catcher.

[Post New]by Sarahg88h on Mar 18, 13 5:52 PM
ttomm46 wrote:My problem and a few others is i'm stuck in church yard and hints always say nothing to do here..no way to go back to earlier scenes..
I'm sure it has to be a bug of some sort
Tom

I am having the same issue.....It's so annoying because I played the trial last night and I know I need to go back and catch the bug in order to continue, but now the game not allowing me to go back. I uninstalled an re-installed but it didn't help. Tech support is closed now and I need a work around.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 19, 13 10:33 AM
Hey there Fishies,

Since that dream catcher doesn't seem to be working properly, if uninstalling and reinstalling the game doesn't help please go ahead and contact Tech Support with a Dr. Felix. They'll be able to provide some specialized help and collect more information about this issue.

Just click here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thanks and I hope this helps!

bfgIzara

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Mar 19, 13 1:49 PM
cjpg1 wrote:Having the same problem but it is getting the last piece of the dream catcher. I put all the gem stones in place and nothing happens and I can not move them to get the walkway to get the last piece.

Did you use the mirror shard on the broken bowl at the end of the walkway? Once you do, it will emit a blue beam of light. Once it does that, you'll be able to move the islands.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Mar 19, 13 1:56 PM
Sarahg88h wrote:
ttomm46 wrote:My problem and a few others is i'm stuck in church yard and hints always say nothing to do here..no way to go back to earlier scenes..
I'm sure it has to be a bug of some sort
Tom

I am having the same issue.....It's so annoying because I played the trial last night and I know I need to go back and catch the bug in order to continue, but now the game not allowing me to go back. I uninstalled an re-installed but it didn't help. Tech support is closed now and I need a work around.

For both of you, try taking each item in your inventory and click it on the hint button. Solve the little alignment puzzle and see how each item is to be used. That should help you figure out what you might have missed and get you going again (along with helping you get a couple of achievement trophies).

[Post New]by Dragonclaws0554 on Mar 22, 13 11:24 PM
djinnandtonic wrote:Some of the puzzles i only get pink boxes within the puzzle itself. These pink boxes are the items that you had to find and once you put them in the puzzle the actual item disappears and turns into a pink box.

I have this same problem, it happened on all of the puzzles during the trial. I can't buy a game in which I cannot beat the puzzles! Instead of pieces of the game/puzzle they are big pink boxes. It's a real bummer because I really wanted to buy and finish this one.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 24, 13 4:16 AM
Heya Dragonclaws0554,

I'm sorry to hear that you see those pink boxes! As the game doesn't show you what it should it could be that some of the software that is needed to display your game could do with an update. You can easily do that by following the steps you can find here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by mickeykris on Mar 24, 13 12:08 PM
I finished the game and went to the achievements area. I placed all my benny's, but when I went to place the last one I had (it was the one reading the book, achievement for finding I think all or the first 5 diary pages) it freezes on me.
I can of course window out and go back in. I just can't place that particular Benny.
It's also where I found out that apparently there is a bonus, but I see BF is not getting the CE?? any chance of that changing?
Thanks, Awsome game!

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 25, 13 4:28 AM
Heya mickeykris,

I'm sorry to hear that the game freezes on you when you try to place your last Benny . Unfortunately I'm not sure if an update that includes the bonus will become available as it's the developer that decides which version they want to release with Big Fish.

When a game freezes that is often a sign that the computer can't process what is happening after the action that makes it freeze. Often this can be fixed by getting all the software necessary to play up-to-date with the steps that you can find here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by NancySusan on Mar 27, 13 8:24 AM
This game played great (other than no widescreen) until I purchased it and suddenly in any of the scenes you zoom into, if I click on the beholders in those scenes, nothing happens. This started in the scene past the frozen lake, where there were beholders in zoomed-in scenes on both sides of the barn/garage and out back. When you enter a scene that is full screen, no problem, but the beholders hidden in those zoomed in scenes don't react to the cursor. This is really disappointing. I did uninstall and reinstall and the problem has persisted. I have, by the way, a totally new computer (HP Envy, Windows 8, regular, not touchscreen). When we set up the computer 2 weeks ago, I downloaded and updated everything. Anyway, this seems like a game glitch, since I can click and get rid of the beholders in the full screen scenes. I would appreciate any suggestions.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 27, 13 10:01 AM
I'm very sorry to hear about those issues in the game, NancySusan. Very helpful to know about that new computer though.

Since it sounds like it may be a particular glitch in the game please contact Tech Support with a Dr. Felix. While troubleshooting is limited here, one of our Reps can dive in and work directly with you to try and get the game working properly!

Just click here and submit an email to reach them. Live Chat Support is also available Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST if you're a Big Fish Game Club member.

Thanks and I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

Mossy224
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

Crashes - deleted profile

[Post New]by Mossy224 on Apr 6, 13 12:44 PM
Half way through the game, screen went black and froze. When I tried to go back got the message my profile was corrupted. Playing on a Mac.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 6, 13 1:27 PM
Hi Mossy224,

I'm sorry to hear that happened. Since you're playing on a Mac, I recommend checking out the help article we have available here that has some tips on how to correct that:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

If that's not helping, our Mac Support Team will be happy to take a closer look at that for you.

Hopefully that helps so you can enjoy the rest of the game!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by elvenemo on Apr 26, 13 5:30 PM
I'm using a mac.

So I downloaded the demo a few weeks ago, played a few minutes of it no problem and then quit because it was late and I was tired. I just now got around to playing it again as my life as been crazy busy.

Only when I tried to open the game I got a blank black screen - nothing was loading, until I finally force quit or it quit on its own. I can't remember which. Now, when I try to open it I don't even get that - I get a window that says that the game failed when it tried to restore it's windows. It gives me the option to restore the windows, but when I press it, the computer just tells me the game unexpectedly quit. And then sometimes it seems to think I'm already running a game. Most recently the "restore its windows" window won't stay open for more then a second before quiting.

I tried reinstalling it, updating all my software and reinstalling it, deleting the save info and reinstalling it. Basically my computer has just decided it refuses to run this game!

The game looks awesome, and has great reviews and I would love to pick it up, but I can't if it won't run!

Edited on 04/26/2013 at 5:31:34 PM PST

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Apr 27, 13 11:38 AM
You might check to see if you did an update on your Flash player or graphics card drivers, recently. If so, see if you can roll it back to the earlier version. Or, see if there's a newer version than what you have installed. Black screen is not always, but often, a Flash player issue or a video card driver issue.

Another thing that often helps is uninstalling both the game and the BFG Game Manager, rebooting, and then downloading a new copy of the game directly from BFG. The Game Manager should reinstall itself along with the game download.

[Post New]by elvenemo on Apr 27, 13 1:30 PM
burf90 wrote:You might check to see if you did an update on your Flash player or graphics card drivers, recently. If so, see if you can roll it back to the earlier version. Or, see if there's a newer version than what you have installed. Black screen is not always, but often, a Flash player issue or a video card driver issue.

Another thing that often helps is uninstalling both the game and the BFG Game Manager, rebooting, and then downloading a new copy of the game directly from BFG. The Game Manager should reinstall itself along with the game download.

That's what's weird about it. I have the most updated flash player and between then and now it hasn't changed. The flash player is exactly the same as before. And I'm not having issues with any other games. Just this one. And the black screen only happened once. The game doesn't run even that much now.

I tried your second trick, but that didn't work.Thanks for the help anyway.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Apr 27, 13 4:03 PM
Sorry that didn't help, Elvenemo. I guess your next best option is clicking that little green envelope over there on the right and letting the BFG pros get you going. Good luck.

[Post New]by Twinkerbell26 on Jun 8, 13 7:40 AM
Got as far as main screen (after 3 tries to start game), and game just keeps freezing up.
Can't even play the trial

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jun 28, 13 8:47 AM
Minor problem, but it made me skip a puzzle. When I tried to herd the fireflies into the bottle, the last wo get to the top of he screen and when I try to click to herd them, a window drops down and I cannot access the fireflies.

Go to: