nox78
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

Re:Post any European Mystery: Scent of Desire Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by nox78 on Mar 19, 13 1:04 AM
Nothing changed reinstalling the game

I contacted the tech support

Nox.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

Re:Post any European Mystery: Scent of Desire Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 19, 13 10:28 AM
Thanks, nox78, and I'll be keeping my fins crossed that this gets resolved quickly for you! I know Customer Support will do everything they can to help.

Best of luck!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by sampson394 on Mar 19, 13 2:23 PM
Can you please help me? I am setting the clock on 1600 (4:00) and nothing hppens.

[Post New]by jentribue on Mar 20, 13 8:59 AM
I got to the Cliffs in Paris, got ready to use my Passion potion on the bees, the game crashed, I started it again, lost my username and now I don't have my scent catcher or potion mixer. I still have my accomplishments, but under the username, it says "Error User Name." I don't want to lose my progress in the game so close to the end but what should I do? I lost all my progress at the cliffs but I can't catch scents to mix a new potion to go forward from here. HELP!!!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 20, 13 12:21 PM
sampson394 wrote:Can you please help me? I am setting the clock on 1600 (4:00) and nothing hppens.

Hi sampson394,

It looks like another Fishy posted about your question in the other thread you started about the clock. You can check it out by clicking right here.

bfgMonongahela

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 20, 13 12:23 PM
jentribue wrote:I got to the Cliffs in Paris, got ready to use my Passion potion on the bees, the game crashed, I started it again, lost my username and now I don't have my scent catcher or potion mixer. I still have my accomplishments, but under the username, it says "Error User Name." I don't want to lose my progress in the game so close to the end but what should I do? I lost all my progress at the cliffs but I can't catch scents to mix a new potion to go forward from here. HELP!!!

Hi jentribue and welcome to the Pond!

What you describe sounds like a very unusual issue!

I think it would be best for you to get right in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can see what's going on and work with you directly to get everything straightened out.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

griffgirl
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by griffgirl on Mar 22, 13 12:52 PM
Barbaralbb, I have the same problem. I played the demo fine, bought the game and now when I click on "Play", the "Recent Activity" screen comes up. I even unistalled and reinstalled and same thing.

Guess it's time to go to customer support. And I really liked this game!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Mar 22, 13 1:26 PM
Hi griffgirl,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening! As you mentioned, it may be best to contact our Tech Support Team about that so they can make sure you're able to play the game. You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the Game Manager itself to see if that might get the Game Manager to recognize the purchased game. You can view information on doing that here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall Game Manager

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by lajudy on Mar 26, 13 8:14 PM
I can't get into the apothecary to make the perfume.

Robcol
Minnow
Minnow
207 Posts

[Post New]by Robcol on Mar 27, 13 9:50 AM
Unable to pick up cloves, any suggestions?

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 27, 13 9:54 AM
Hey there lajudy,

I would recommend taking a look at the in-game Strategy Guide to check for any other tasks that need to be completed before going into the apothecary. Sometimes a game will not let you continue on unless certain steps have already been completed.

If there's still trouble making that perfume one of our Reps from Customer Support can work with you to get past that part!

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

Good luck!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by KittyRose4 on Apr 1, 13 1:56 PM
I had just gotten to the hippodrome and was trying to play the saddle game, and was trying to access the strategy guide and the game crashed. I restarted both my computer and the game and the same thing happened. I restarted the game and backed out of the saddle view and the strategy guide worked. Just wanted to let someone know.

[Post New]by MamaHeb on Apr 1, 13 5:21 PM
darksprires wrote:The stategy guide was a waste of space for this problem. I found a tip on this forum and it has now been solved. Thanks.

I am having the same problem and can't find a tip to correct. What did you do to solve the problem?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 1, 13 5:27 PM
KittyRose4 wrote:I had just gotten to the hippodrome and was trying to play the saddle game, and was trying to access the strategy guide and the game crashed. I restarted both my computer and the game and the same thing happened. I restarted the game and backed out of the saddle view and the strategy guide worked. Just wanted to let someone know.

Hi KittyRose4,

I'm sorry you had trouble with this game crashing on you!

With that sort of issue, it can help to check for updates to your video card and graphics driver. We go over how to do that in our help article here.

If you try that and the game is still crashing, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can see what else might be going on . You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 1, 13 5:29 PM
MamaHeb wrote:
darksprires wrote:The stategy guide was a waste of space for this problem. I found a tip on this forum and it has now been solved. Thanks.

I am having the same problem and can't find a tip to correct. What did you do to solve the problem?

Hi MamaHeb,

I haven't played this game yet myself, but I looked through some of the other threads here and found this one that seems to be talking about getting everything together to make the scents: Can't find Alchemy kit. (Just click the blue text to be taken right there.)

If you need more info you can also post over in that discussion and I'm sure the other Fishies will be happy to give you some more specific advice.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

northpolejo
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by northpolejo on May 1, 13 8:31 PM
The game is working OK except my mouse is very glitchy. Others having this problem? I replaced the batteries, thinking fresh ones would help, but they didn't.

rikae
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by rikae on Dec 14, 13 10:36 PM
I'm playing the iPad version of this game and can't for the life of me collect the pine needle scent to progress. I know where it as and have had no problem with collecting any other scents, but the Hint shows my scent collection bottle going almost outside of the screen to collect this scent. I have tried countless times (zooming in, zooming out, etc., etc.) but just can't get the scent collector to move that far to the edge of the screen. Please help!

Edited on 12/14/2013 at 10:38:00 PM PST

[Post New]by Tally98 on Dec 16, 13 2:39 PM
I too cannot collect the pine scent...leaving me dead in the water! Hope that help comes soon!!!

[Post New]by SDietz77 on Dec 21, 13 7:33 AM
I also can't collect the pine scent while playing on my ipad. Tried numerous times/ways and the hint cursor goes off the screen. It seems impossible to get the collector close enough with the touch screen.

[Post New]by VisualUk on Dec 25, 13 1:11 AM
Hi, The scent catcher is not working to collect the last two scents in Island and Grasse entrance. I repeatedly drop and bring the catcher closer to the two scents and the catcher automatically goes back to the original location (right bottom corner of screen). I am playing on iPad Air and have already restarted the iPad a couple of times with no luck of this issue resolving. Could you help?

Go to: