bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

Re:Post any The Secret Order: Masked Intent Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bratzgram on Mar 17, 13 7:32 AM
I had to download the game twice. It does say that I have 60 min. now. The first time it made it to install and just stopped. I tried pausing it and restarting. When I did it started from the beginning!

perky1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Post any The Secret Order: Masked Intent Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by perky1 on Mar 17, 13 7:51 AM
Just wanted to say , especially lately, I always go to the technical problems posts first. I thank you for your reviews and know whether or not to waste my time. As a long time Big Fish gamer I am getting extremely frustrated with these games coming out and being bogged down with problems. It was not always like this and it seems to me that Big Fish should start playing and reviewing their games prior to release, more avidly. Customer service has taken a big back seat in many businesses today, Big Fish needs to start getting this right!

asccsa
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by asccsa on Mar 17, 13 9:51 AM
same problem. you have to use the map after solving the mini-game. not a buy for me until the dev's repair the bug

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on Mar 17, 13 9:56 AM
hi bf nice try on this one.oh well mine did the same as ladylarki was able to use menu to exit game then i hit delet gamethis is abig bug i think thank you for the help isee from the posts that this ishappning to a lot of fishes havefun fishes off to lunch then will play azadz 4 ps any ? give me apm happyasaclam

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 17, 13 11:03 AM
Hi Fishies,

So sorry we haven't been into this thread yet!

We've been in touch with the developer regarding the issue with using the Strategy Guide while playing the demo version of the game.

We can tell you for sure that this particular glitch does not come up in the full version.

We are also working with the developer to get the issue with the demo version addressed and as soon as we have an update on that I will let you know.

In the meantime, here is the workaround that we have discovered:

Players can use the quick jump option on the Map to get out of the loop.

Hope that helps!!

bfgMonongahela

ark161
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by ark161 on Mar 17, 13 1:23 PM
slightly different problem with strategy guide: in the first scene it shows a brooch but there is none there and when i try to back out of this game to another scene, it brings up the strategy guide when i dont ask for it. big dissapointment p.s. whats quickjump and how does it work.

Edited on 03/17/2013 at 1:24:42 PM PST

tetrouge
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by tetrouge on Mar 17, 13 1:24 PM
DITTO! DITTO! DITTO! DITTO! to all posts, started once, froze up very early in brooch game, removed, reinstalled, started again under different name & got to within 10 min of trial period being over (& was going to buy as part of CLOVER promotion) & it did the same thing, was in a HOS, finished & would not exit back to game. Lousy game! BF needs to check these things out a little better

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 17, 13 4:24 PM
Me too and I agree, these games need to be checked out before they are put out for trial and purchase. It is extremely maddening to have these problems and waste most of your demo time trying to get out of a game or get something fixed.

Using the map jump to get out when stuck actually does work...shouldn't have to do that, but it does work. Guess I'll finish the trial and decide from there.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Mar 18, 13 12:25 AM
I have a different problem...I didn't get the sulfur after restoring the map, and now I am on the ship, needing it to complete the gun powder, but it won't let me leave the ship to go back and get it. So I am stuck. Once again, a total game blocker after playing for so long. I certainly am not in the mood to go back and replay the whole thing just to get this missing item.

I am so frustrated, and will be requesting another refund. Big Fish, this is getting old. I do appreciate CS's response when there is a problem, but dang it, I just want to play these games, from start to finish!

eta: After hints kept sending me to the barrel to make the gunpowder, over and over and over again, and not letting me off the ship, I went back into the game after venting here, and lo and behold, it let me move on. Wouldn't before, but now I am able to get off the ship again....go figure.

Edited on 03/18/2013 at 12:32:33 AM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 18, 13 5:42 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm sorry to see that so many of you are encountering problems.

If you find that you are missing the brooch or other items, it could help already to uninstall and reinstall your game.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 03/18/2013 at 5:43:27 AM PST

Simba2009
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Simba2009 on Mar 18, 13 5:57 AM
I got stuck with the strategy guide opening up while trying to exit from putting together poisiden's picture in the mini game. quit and hit play again with the same thing. and I like the game too but with that problem not enough to buy and hope it works in the full version.

btw too how can I switch browsers setting up the short cut to BFG, every time use mozilla I get a tool bar of ads at the side interfering with things and this drop down one that promises daily deals and coupons on every site I go too

[Post New]by christann1 on Mar 18, 13 8:46 AM
I have encountered all the previous glitches and have a problem with not being able to use the blue crystal. The comment says the crystal doesn't fit, and stops there. Does any one have a rescue for this? I have uninstalled and reinstalled this game to no avail. Come on big fish -- problems like this are really becoming untennable.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 18, 13 4:52 PM
Hi Fishies,

Just swimming in to let you know that the developer has sent us a new demo version for this CE, which should address the issue you've been having with the Strategy Guide.

You can read more about the update and how to get it installed over in my announcement here.

I've also started a new tech issues thread here, so we can track any issues that come up from this point on. If you're having any other trouble with the game or the new demo version, please post over there and let us know. I'll be locking this older thread now as well.

Thanks again for all your patience as we worked to get everything straightened out!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: