LindyMac
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Re:Gardens Inc.: From Rakes to Riches Technical Issues

[Post New]by LindyMac on Mar 19, 13 9:09 AM
I have a problem in level 43 when I try to clear the debris in the bottom left, 2 of my workers get stuck there not doing anything, the debris wont clear and I can't complete the level. This game really seems to be one problem after another

[Post New]by pisceschick on Mar 19, 13 9:33 AM
LindyMac wrote:I have a problem in level 43 when I try to clear the debris in the bottom left, 2 of my workers get stuck there not doing anything, the debris wont clear and I can't complete the level. This game really seems to be one problem after another

I was having that problem on level 28 last night. I restarted the level but it didn't help, so I quit for now and haven't tried again. One of my workers would go but he wouldn't build the shack I clicked on or clear debris, just collect supplies. The other was completely stuck!

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 19, 13 10:21 AM
Hey there Fishies,

I'm so sorry to hear about those issues in the game - how frustrating!

If the game is laggy, the cursor is floaty, or there are any display issues I would recommend trying some of the suggested troubleshooting in this help article here.

If a certain level in the game doesn't seem to be working properly please go ahead and uninstall and reinstall the game. This will help to make sure all of the correct files are in order.

Please also be sure to reach out to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix. This will be a huge help and will allow for us to collect needed information for the developer about those issues. One of our Reps will also work with you directly to help see if any troubleshooting steps will help get the game running.

Just click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left to reach them.

Thanks so much and I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

Mouse Issues

[Post New]by LeftPinky on Mar 19, 13 10:57 AM
Game played fine until about level 25, then the mouse jumps everywhere and will not click on anything, I uninstalled and tried again, same thing happened, but if I play earlier levels, it still is fine. What should I try?

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 19, 13 12:14 PM
bfgIzara wrote:Hey there Fishies,

I'm so sorry to hear about those issues in the game - how frustrating!

If the game is laggy, the cursor is floaty, or there are any display issues I would recommend trying some of the suggested troubleshooting in this help article <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">here</a>.

If a certain level in the game doesn't seem to be working properly please go ahead and <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">uninstall and reinstall the game</a>. This will help to make sure all of the correct files are in order.

Please also be sure to reach out to <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page>Tech Support</a> with a <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1688>Dr. Felix</a>. This will be a huge help and will allow for us to collect needed information for the developer about those issues. One of our Reps will also work with you directly to help see if any troubleshooting steps will help get the game running.

Just click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left to reach them.

Thanks so much and I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

hey bfg izara, being impatient i bought this game at the site it was 1st released about a month ago,,,,,these are game issues,, not our puter settings,,,,i really think this game should be removed till the devs actually fix the problem,,,,they have allready released one rebuild, that didnt fix the lagging issues, or the workers getting stuck..

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 19, 13 12:55 PM
Oh no, LeftPinky! Sorry to hear that those pesky cursor issues are plaguing your game as well.

I would recommend checking for any video card driver updates, but if that doesn't help then contacting Tech Support with a Dr. Felix would be the next best option. They're great and will work with you one-on-one to help figure those issues out!

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

bella81762: I totally agree and I'll definitely pass along your comments to the guys upstairs who make those kinds of game decisions. Hopefully we will be able to get this resolved quickly!

Thanks!

bfgIzara

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Mar 19, 13 2:32 PM
BFG...AGAIN, this is not our computer issues. I think everyone here has reinstalled, updated and we are STILL having issues. This is not a one on one issue...there is a major problem with this game and it needs to have the developer step in and rebuild it.

[Post New]by pisceschick on Mar 19, 13 2:55 PM
pisceschick wrote:
LindyMac wrote:I have a problem in level 43 when I try to clear the debris in the bottom left, 2 of my workers get stuck there not doing anything, the debris wont clear and I can't complete the level. This game really seems to be one problem after another

I was having that problem on level 28 last night. I restarted the level but it didn't help, so I quit for now and haven't tried again. One of my workers would go but he wouldn't build the shack I clicked on or clear debris, just collect supplies. The other was completely stuck!

I played again during lunch and had the same problem, and finally figured out at least how to work around what was going wrong. As to WHY it was a problem... Ugh, no idea.

Here's a screenshot of the level: [Removed by Moderator]

You can see the building at the top left with a green check is not blocked by debris should be able to be accessed due to the dock. However, you can't actually click to build it until all of the debris on that little bit of street is all cleared away. You can't clear the debris to the direct right of that building until the branches and stones on the far right are cleared away. Makes NO sense, but at least I was able to finish the level. ARGH.

Edited on 03/19/2013 at 3:47:42 PM PST

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Mar 19, 13 3:22 PM
Add this same problem to my game play...cursor ...just got puter back from shop with all updates/upgrades....I have uninstalled game...but not alone in this

by lilpollyesther on Mar 18, 13 8:44 PM
Nice little game that I would buy, except the cursor floats, the game lags and stutters, so it would be impossible to get any where near the time limits for gold. Very frustrating...too bad.
by nekosteph on Mar 19, 13 12:28 AM
Would love the game but the cursor floats making it very frustrating and at times impossible to get gold on some levels. I like quick click on a task and the floating cursor prevents that. I have uninstalled and re-installed. The problem is still there.
bydancingsiberians on Mar 19, 13 3:18 AM
I am also having a problem with the floating cursor. If anyone figures out how to fix this, please post your solution. For info: I am using Vista and have updated everything I can think of.
by mkastor on Mar 19, 13 3:33 AM
The game is jerky and jumpy. It always seems like my cursor is 2 steps ahead. Too bad..it looked like fun.
by redw00d on Mar 19, 13 5:49 AM
Floating cursor problem for me as well - I have 4GB memory and updated drivers.
This is the developer's bug, not a client side issue. So want to play TMG builder games - which should be a different category than the dinner dash type. Sigh, already bought as the problem showed up on level 11, past the demo time.Please provide a fix BFG!
by LeftPinky on Mar 19, 13 10:57 AM
Game played fine until about level 25, then the mouse jumps everywhere and will not click on anything, I uninstalled and tried again, same thing happened, but if I play earlier levels, it still is fine. What should I try?

May not seem like many...but I should have read before I jumped in and purchased....read all the great reviews +++ ...so will do a reinstall later as much to dissappointed at the moment!...It is an amazing game & I usually do not purchase a lot of TMs unless they are rated well...but I do have a little patience

Lets...

ETA: IT IS EARLY A.M. REINSTALLED...SAME CURSOR PROBLEM...BUT PLAYED SLOWLY W/FLUSTRATION (YES I LIKE GAME)...GOT TO LEVEL 28 AND MY TWO 'WATER BOYS' DISSAPPEARED ...COULD NOT FINISH LAST FLOWER BED WATERING! ...BUT INVENTORY LOOOOKIN' GOOD!...HAD TO END GAME ....SURE DID NOT SEE THAT COMING..UNINSTALL AGAIN!...BUMMER!

Edited on 03/20/2013 at 2:07:30 AM PST

[Post New]by Fish4DD on Mar 19, 13 3:41 PM
[/b]This is a really cute game and I wish it would play properly. I have the same problem with the floating cursor and jerkiness of play. Can't get two characters going at the same time because of game lag. The game always waits until the first character has completed a task before the second character will start. Very frustrating, and disappointing, since good time management games are in short supply. Can't buy it in this condition.

robinsegg
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by robinsegg on Mar 19, 13 3:50 PM
Glad I'm not alone, but wished I'd read these posts before I bought the game! I shut down everything running in the background, but can't get the game to play like it should. Cursor floats, things take forever. Grr.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 19, 13 3:51 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to see more of you are having trouble with this game.

If you haven't already done so, please run a Dr. Felix Report for the game and send it in - along with a description of what you're experiencing - to our Tech Support Team through the Contact Us page.

This is the best way for us to compile all the information about the problem and how widespread it is, which will really help us when we go to the developers about getting it addressed.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

fenn01
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by fenn01 on Mar 19, 13 3:52 PM
I am having the same problems.. Desperately slow. When will there be an update as I really would like to buy this game

debilou
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by debilou on Mar 19, 13 6:02 PM
I updated my video card drivers and that actually did help me get into the game. Now I am experiencing the same thing everyone else is, i.e. the cursor freezing, floating, etc. It seems this really is a game issue not computer issue.

Taltam1
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Taltam1 on Mar 19, 13 7:42 PM
When I open the game I get squiggly lines. The sound works. Does this mean I might not have enough memory?

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Mar 19, 13 11:43 PM
Never could get it to open past the first screen, hope this gets a fix. Had to force quit.
On to something else....

nekosteph
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by nekosteph on Mar 20, 13 1:27 AM
I just sent in a Dr. Felix report. Seems like a lot of trouble to do that and like a moderator suggested, upgrade the video card on our computers and pcs just to play a $6.99 game.

The game has major glitches, not the fault of Big Fish but that of the manufacturer. Hopefully Big Fish can prompt them to fix the problems and give us an updated version. Free of charge of course to us that already purchased the game.

Wolverine257
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Wolverine257 on Mar 20, 13 3:04 AM
I got the loud buzzing intermittently starting around Level 20... gets progressively worse as you go. Annoying, but doesn't seem to impact gameplay.

Cursor lags and jumping/floating really badly after Level 30. This seriously impacts gameplay and gets worse the longer you play.

After Level 35, the entire screen slows down... except the clock!! Between this and the cursor spazzing out, I am completely unable to get Gold on Level 39.

My system is up-to-date with plenty of RAM, so I'll send a Dr. Felix. This appears to be a memory allocation & screen refresh issue as all the affected levels are loaded with components and characters. The worst offenders are levels with ambient animations... rain, dappled shadows and sunbeams.

ETA: Running in Window Mode rather than Full Screen helps. There is still screen lag and cursor issues, but Windowed improves it just enough that I can make Gold Time.

Edited on 03/20/2013 at 3:31:05 AM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Mar 20, 13 3:59 AM

Same for me: Game played fine until about level 28, then the cursor starts floating.

There's alot going on at the later levels - lots of movement and activity so, I think it might help if the developer could let us have the option of the system cursor.

Its impossible to play if you can't control where you're clicking.

Edited on 03/20/2013 at 4:00:02 AM PST

tinyzac
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by tinyzac on Mar 20, 13 5:17 AM
im also having the same prob cant control the cursor its all over the place also my game runs very slowly almost in slow motion and my computer has all the latest gear so its impossible to get gold on any level had to stop playing shame i was enjoying the game until allthese problems popped up help please please fix unhappy camper

Go to: