Re:Reviews for Gardens Inc.: From Rakes to Riches

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Mar 24, 13 5:15 PM
Nivlem007,

There is now a thread for the level you were needing help for .... I think it's on the next page of this forum....happy gaming!

Elantra711
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Elantra711 on Mar 27, 13 8:01 AM
Gardens Inc is my favorite TM game yet (although World of Zillians was great, too). When I read the name, I didn't think that I was interested in Gardens Inc, because I'm not too much into farm or gardening games right now. Once I did the free trial, I was amazed that this was a creative TM game. It is fun, colorful, and *extremely* challenging. I love the story and upgrading the villa with money earned. Each level presents itself almost like a whole new game. I am in the last levels of the game and have had no technical issues at all. I am having a learning curve difficulty with money in particular and time on certain levels, so I have reached a frustration level that sent me to the Forum today. I replayed many levels to get gold for the first 15 to 20 (not sure how many) levels, but now I'm happy just to finish within the allotted time! I still get a gold level every once in a while, and I will read the Forum threads to get more info on these things. Thank you BFG and whoever created this fascinating game.

LegalMonet
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by LegalMonet on Apr 1, 13 1:20 PM
I absolutely love this TM game! Like Roads of Rome, My Kingdom for the Princess, Royal Envoy, and Ranch Rush (hurry up with RR3!!!), it's a game I'll keep playing and enjoying over and over.

First of all, I'm not a "gold freak," so not getting gold on each level doesn't bother me. If I really enjoy a game, I don't care what my "score" is. This game can be very challenging or simply enjoyable.

It's exciting and challenging without being anxiety-producing. If you don't make silver, you just keep on playing until you're done. You can go back later to get gold. Personally, I hate it when I spend time playing a level and then get a "fail" and have to start all over. I need games to be fun, not frustrating.

The graphics are really beautiful--very sharp and colorful without slowing down my computer. The scenes are very "busy," but so sharp and well-spaced that it's not cluttered looking.

The music is awesome! It changes from revving up to kind of a 50's sock-hop feel. Music is important to me in games, and I'm continually amazed at the talent that goes into composing music for games.

The characters are cute and they do this little dance at the end of every level that makes me smile and giggle.

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Apr 16, 13 12:40 AM
This is the best game that I've played in a long, long time. It's got everything in it that I enjoy and I've played it everyday now since it came out. It's great to look at, the levels are interesting and varied. It's a strategy game inside a TM game. It's my favorite game out of all I've played and that's saying a LOT!

Thank you developers for also including being able to start from any level (after you finish the game) and it continues on to the next level rather than jumping back to the final level. That is the cherry on top for me and makes the replay value shoot sky high!!!

It's just a gem of a game and I've so enjoyed playing it. Thank you for creating this and BFG for making it available.

emmydog
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by emmydog on Apr 17, 13 11:15 PM
This is a great game. I've gone through it once and am starting again. It's like Roads of Rome, My Kingdom For A Princess and other builders. The added difficulty of the floral riddle is fun.

I would highly recommend this game. It's a lot of fun!

emmydog

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on May 8, 13 1:10 PM
Review based upon completion of the game with all levels in Gold time, a fully renovated villa and 39 of 44 Gold trophies.

This game is brought to you by the Torque Game Builder tool that also was used for the Kate series in which you have to build a car empire. Apparently this is a standard tool for TM games. But the developers of this game made a lot more out of it, with more diverse graphics, different tasks all the time, and a game that has you think, but when you are capable to grasp the basis of strategy you will always know how to improve. I blew some levels the first time, but always got Gold on the second try.

The Story? The local unlikable tycoon wants to evict your grandparents and flatten the family villa, and will succeed unless you win the town's gardening contest.

The Good:

+ diverse tasks
+ great graphics for a TM game
+ lots of achievements, some are tough
+ chaining actions...
+ ...and facilitations that make sense (run faster, build faster etc.)
+ there's a little twist in the story...

The Neutral:

o ...but not all of it makes sense (right before the contest the story called the villa fully fixed when it was not)
o to get some achievements you will have to replay a lot of levels

The Bad:

- some clues for the bonus ribbon (flower patterns) are VERY obscure

Bottom Line: While chaining is available you still will have to click a lot of things, so if that is not your cup of tea then sadly you will be lost. If you manage to complete the My Kingdom for the Princess games you will also manage this one. So, if you are into gardening and TM / Strategy games by all means, play this one!

[Post New]by krnjane on Aug 6, 13 10:59 PM
SAVE YOUR MONEY. DON't BUY!!!!

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Aug 29, 13 7:07 PM
I'm not fast enough to get enough money for the upgrades so I decided to delete the game as I'll never have enough money to do anything.

Go to: