Vallarina
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

Re:Post any Secrets of the Dark: Mystery of the Ancestral Estate CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by Vallarina on Mar 21, 13 6:13 PM
it took me all day to download this game and then I played 20 minutes of the demo and it was over????!!!!! What a drag! I won't buy this game because of all the frustration. Sorry Big Fish! This was not a very nice way to "hook" me to buy!
First time I have ever felt let down by Big Fish.

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

Re:Post any Secrets of the Dark: Mystery of the Ancestral Estate CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Mar 21, 13 7:00 PM
This is the second game in a week that I cannot play. The other one was A Wizzard's Curse. In both games, the bottom of the item list isn't showing. I had to c/a/d to get out of this game, as the menu box was not showing either. This is getting me very frustrated BFG. It's too bad, because I probably would have purchased both games, had they worked properly.

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Mar 22, 13 2:55 AM
Hi Fishies,

I am really sorry to hear that some of you are experiencing very slow download times for this game. You can try adjusting your download settings to try and access our site in a different way if you like. The help article here, has some tips on how to adjust your Game Manager settings and try the alternative download method.

Of course, if you like, we would be happy to have a look at this with you and provide more specific support. When submitting a support ticket, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team so they can get to helping you right away.

shallberg, because this seems to be a recurrent issue, I would definitely recommend that you get in touch again with our Tech Support Team and it would be great if you could attach a Dr. Felix Report as this would give us some precious information on the current running processes.

grandmab3248, to try make the bottom of the item list show up, I would suggest having a look at the following help articles which will guide you through updating those elements that run your game and make sure you have the most current versions of Adobe Flash and Shockwave:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the issue persist though, you can contact our Tech Support Team for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page, one of our Reps will be happy to help you.

Good luck.

bfgTokoro

blue13
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by blue13 on Mar 22, 13 3:02 AM
Down loaded fine played fine .....Went to get the full version said 30% of but tells me i am still paying full prize

blue13
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by blue13 on Mar 22, 13 3:09 AM
oooooooppppppppssssssssssssss sorry had the wrong code

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 22, 13 10:36 AM
No worries, blue13, happy that the code ended up working!

We usually try to keep this thread open for specific technical issues with the game, so if there's any further issues getting the weekend sale to apply feel free to post them in this designated thread here.

Thanks and happy gaming!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by GiddyGamer on Mar 22, 13 4:45 PM
Arrrrggghhh!!! Got to the very end. Put the last bulb in the lamp over the coffin, and got a runtime error and the game shut down. Went back in, and now I've got the smoke over the coffin, but nothing in the inventory. The notebook says it's time to finish the lamp. It's like I'm at that very final step but no bulb. I checked the furnace and stuff but nada...everything is done but that final thing. And the bonus isn't unlocked so the game didn't finish.

Looks like it's another game I've got to hold on to for a few weeks and play again. Frustrating.

demon13
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by demon13 on Mar 22, 13 4:56 PM
Same here,, Did not buy Grim Facade because it would not fill my screen and this one does not either,, I did all the things the tech people said to do,It is not my computer my brother in-law works on them, All my stuff is up to date,,,,He said we should not have to change the screen res, for every game we buy. Could it be a sign that the end is near for BF?I have a zillion games and i have never ever had a problem,,this monyh has been very bad,,,

[Post New]by eeberman on Mar 22, 13 5:48 PM
I can no longer get the game to play on my Mac. I'm running 10.8.2 and when I try to open the game from the game manager, I get a "this application unexpectedly quit" message. The weird thing is that I was able to play through the majority of the demo hour, but when I quit the demo to do something else, I can't start back up again.

[Post New]by debutaunt100 on Mar 22, 13 11:44 PM
have the trial downloaded but keep getting invalid format and have to reboot computer. can't change my graphics and 99% of the gmes play even the other 2 in this series

eskimo1203
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by eskimo1203 on Mar 23, 13 5:31 AM
Playing on Mac OS 10.6.8 and after the game loads the screen turns black and that’s all I get.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 23, 13 10:45 AM
Hey there Fishies,

Just swimming in with a few tips and tricks that may help to get the game working properly!

If the game is crashing or having odd display issues - like not filling the screen completely or showing up as black - please take a look at this help article here for some pointers on getting it working properly.

Also if you haven't already please contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix. Our Reps are great and will work with you one-on-one to help figure out how to get the game up and running!

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

I hope this is helpful and best of luck!

bfgIzara

demon13
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by demon13 on Mar 23, 13 11:36 AM
This is the 3rd CE that i cannot play because of the screen setting problem,I have it set at the same setting as i always have,,,What is BF doing to us???I always buy CE in the past,

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 24, 13 3:17 AM
Heya demon13,

I'm sorry to hear that you can't play this CE properly due to display problems.

These kind of problems are often caused by some of the software on your computer being in need of an update. You can easily check this with the steps that you can find here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

demon13
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by demon13 on Mar 24, 13 6:50 AM
I Sent you a Diag, report, I took it to a computer person who said ALL drives.Java.Adobe , everything is updated, my video card is too. Is it because the people that are making the games are trying to adjust the screen res. because some people suggested they should. well i always buy CE and they all worked fine.So whatever they are doing they just made it worse.

[Post New]by debutaunt100 on Mar 24, 13 7:44 PM
demon13 wrote:This is the 3rd CE that i cannot play because of the screen setting problem,I have it set at the same setting as i always have,,,What is BF doing to us???I always buy CE in the past,

same here and all my drivers are update and can't raise them higher because of monitor

annedelny
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by annedelny on Mar 25, 13 1:24 AM
demon13 wrote:I Sent you a Diag, report, I took it to a computer person who said ALL drives.Java.Adobe , everything is updated, my video card is too. Is it because the people that are making the games are trying to adjust the screen res. because some people suggested they should. well i always buy CE and they all worked fine.So whatever they are doing they just made it worse.

I absolutely agree with this - any problems we have are with the game, not with our computers. As I said in a previous post, I can't get rid of the black bars top and bottom, no matter what I try (Aspect Ratio etc). I've bought a couple of games recently, including yesterday's game in the sale, and no problem at all, full screen as it should be. I've been through this before with other games crashing etc and in the end, the developers bring out a patch and everything is fine. Will this happen this time??

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 25, 13 3:59 AM
Heya Fishies,

I can fully understand your frustration with this!

If you have recently updated your computer and have tried the steps we offer here already, please get in touch with our dedicated Tech Support Team if you haven't done so yet.

They'll be able to have a closer look at the issue and will send you troubleshooting steps that are specifically for your computer so that you can soon enjoy your game!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

bfgBiwa

annebrady
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by annebrady on Apr 5, 13 4:10 AM
I cannot get the game to go to full screen, even though the box is checked in options. As a result I can't see or access the inventory so cannot play the game. I am playing on a Mac OS X 10.8.3. I have tired uninstall/reinstall without luck

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 5, 13 10:53 AM
Hey there annebrady and welcome to the Pond!

One quick suggestion would be to check and adjust the screen resolution which may help to get that screen showing correctly. (Just click on the blue text for instructions.)

Also one of our Reps from Tech Support can definitely take a closer look and offer some more specific suggestions to get the game displaying correctly.

Just click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left to reach them.

I hope this is helpful and good luck!

bfgIzara

Go to: