tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

Re:Informal discussion and comments regarding this surprise CE for TGT.

[Post New]by tj1147 on Mar 21, 13 5:49 AM
I'm getting ready to play the demo (as soon as it finishes downloading). I expect - based on the two previous games in this series - that I will love playing this one also. But, since I have bought the previous ones - one as a CE and the other as an SE - I will most likely wait for the SE of this one...because I cannot take advantage of yet another "bundle sale". I wish we could choose the games we want in the bundle sales...then I would be more likely to purchase these CEs.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 21, 13 6:01 AM
kinda dissappointed,,, i bought and the last few hogs i played are just standerd old junk pile,,,,if the rest of the game is like this i am done with hogs,,,,,devs draw you in with a few unique ways of doing hog scenes, then the rest of the game after the demo is just the same old thing, will pop back in and let you all know when i am finished

Mhhu
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,439 Posts

[Post New]by Mhhu on Mar 21, 13 6:32 AM
Still playing the game, really enjoying it. I think I will give the SE version when it is released a 4.5/5 (not a 5/5 because an Interactive Map would have been a useful feature).

Edited on 03/21/2013 at 7:52:15 AM PST

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Mar 21, 13 6:44 AM
I played the demo which was great BUT, I'm not buying it because it's not worth a CE price due to no bonus chapter.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 21, 13 7:06 AM
hannah57 wrote:I played the demo which was great BUT, I'm not buying it because it's not worth a CE price due to no bonus chapter.

does,nt bonus gameplay mean bonus chapter? it better... will for sure ask for a refund if it does,nt.....

Mhhu
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,439 Posts

[Post New]by Mhhu on Mar 21, 13 7:19 AM
Yes, there is a bonus chapter and "mini-games" replay at the end. But that's about it.

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Mar 21, 13 7:45 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Aaaawww...my "puppets" ran away... , and I waited for them so much...

The bright side is, that I don't have to read the main "traditional" hostile review...

Was looking for the puppets too. Hope it's just delayed until this weekend.
LOL...but yes..I feel your delight.....the "repeat" is tiresome.

As to this release..I also fall into the "no morph/collectables= no CE" frame of mind. But I'll demo and probably change my mind if all the fishies praise rings true. It sounds intriguing.
I'm off to play....

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Mar 21, 13 12:29 PM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Aaaawww...my "puppets" ran away... , and I waited for them so much...

The bright side is, that I don't have to read the main "traditional" hostile review...

I'll bet the puppets will be out next week----I sure hope it doesn't bump "Phenomenon" back, really looking forward to that one.

And another bright side is not having to read the "traditional" hostility that comes from those that are intolerant of the opinions of others when they don't fall in line with their own. It's called "reviewing the reviews", as opposed to simply reviewing the games on their own, expressing their opinion concerning the game, and simply leave it at that. I notice that most of these fishies never actually review a game on their own----they simply make sarcastica remarks about others.
So I'm off to enjoy today's "replacement".

Edited on 03/21/2013 at 2:39:00 PM PST

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Mar 21, 13 7:00 PM
I think this is a great game Suberb graphics, excellent voice overs, appropriate music, good story, good puzzles and lots to look at etc. Not at all disappointed that I purchased the CE version. I'm sure "puppets" will be along shortly.

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Mar 22, 13 3:31 PM
First of all I am happy to see another secrets of the dark, wondered whether or better when a new one would be released.

I loved the first two even though I never could play the collecters edition of the first one due to glitches never corrected. The second was good and had not glitches for me.

This one is beautifully done. What is missing are all the extras (except SG) that make a CE, So I think I will wait for the SE.

seaside2
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by seaside2 on Mar 25, 13 4:21 PM
sassylassie wrote:He everybody!

We haven't seen a game from this dev in a while, I missed them, but now I see why. Ohh they put out a good one. I too am totally loving this game. I remember in the previous games how the light changes the appearance of the rooms. That is so cool. This is really going to be one awesome game to play. I am looking forward to see what is going to happen. Have to make little notes to myself on what went on before and after the light changes lol. I hope you all enjoy this game as much. Happy gaming all!

Sassy

Wow, really agree with you on this one, Sassie. This game is great; the graphics are clear, detailed and interesting. I think the light changes kind of give a player twice as much to do. Anyway, this is proving to be a great game.

[Post New]by crafty_codfish on Mar 28, 13 8:12 PM
I absolutely loved this game. I played the demo and the mechanical gizmos had me hooked. There was so much imagination put into how they work, and the developer clearly had lots of fun making the game. I bought the "bundle" with the previous two games in the series. Unfortunately I didn't enjoy them so much, but for $3 each I can't really complain.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Apr 28, 13 7:15 PM
I am really enjoying this game but am glad I got it in a sale, IMO not really worth the CE price. No interactive map (and if ever a game needed one, this is it), no collectibles, no achievements, no morphs - I just hope the bonus game is a good length. I was prepared to wait for the SE for those reasons, but the sale was too good to pass up. A good game but I generally do not go the CE route unless the extras I want are included; I have no use for wallpapers, music, screensavers etc. Some fishies do, but not me.............

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Apr 29, 13 4:32 AM
we own the others like this and we hope to enjoy this one as well.........................................

Go to: