shian1
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

Re:Post any Phenomenon: Meteorite Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by shian1 on Mar 24, 13 5:08 AM
There probably aren't many entried in the review thread, because no one has finished downloading yet.

Re:Post any Phenomenon: Meteorite Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Mar 24, 13 5:09 AM
Agree with last comment. I too almost ignored the game because of the number of technical issues which really aren't. I sympathize, and can feel the frustration. Perhaps trying to download a little later in the morning?

frazerpaul
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

DOWNLOAD OR NOT

[Post New]by frazerpaul on Mar 24, 13 5:12 AM
Wow now 4 hours and 62% the spring offer will be over before I can buy the game!!!!!!!!!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 24, 13 5:22 AM
I uninstalled and reinstalled and got to 65% fairly quickly, but it's crawling again now and keeps stopping.

gameswolf
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by gameswolf on Mar 24, 13 6:02 AM
I agree with Bpup,

It took me only about 10 minutes to download this game. I had problems downloading some games in the past, and it was strange. Game downloads fast upto certain point and than it slows to a crawl. I have no idea what is causing it, since when I tried to reload another game it galloped like a race horse. Perhaps someone has an explanation for this phenomenon.

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by gryhndlvr on Mar 24, 13 6:06 AM
bfgBiwa,
I have reinstalled the game, and download was relatively fast. It has fixed my issue with the skipping scenes etc. It runs smooth now and since I liked what I played already.....it was a must buy for me.
Thanks so much

MinnieK
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by MinnieK on Mar 24, 13 6:19 AM
bfgBiwa wrote:please also keep in mind that slow downloads right after the release of a game could also be connected to the server you are connected to. When a game is released, each region usually accesses a certain server. If you are one of the first to download the game the servers usually still need to set up the download for this particular game. As soon as this has happened the following downloads will be faster.

Even allowing for slower download speeds on first release it should not be taking a matter of hours (approximately five hours for me this morning) to download. It also doesn't account for the fact that I have not changed my time of download at all, I have almost always downloaded new games within the first ten or fifteen minutes of their release (breakfast time in the UK) so have probably always been one of the first to download to this region. Until recently download speeds were always excellent.

This is an ongoing problem which dates back roughly to the time when the revamped website was first released earlier this year. Hundreds of us have been flagging it up on a more or less daily basis yet it seems that no-one is able to help or even to work out what has caused the massive drop in speed and Tech Support have been unable to offer any help at all other than to confirm that the problem is not at my end. It is utterly frustrating, so much so that I now find myself looking at the daily new release and almost hoping that it will be a game I have no interest in purchasing. That is not the way to keep customers!

elde
Catfish
Catfish
1,597 Posts

[Post New]by elde on Mar 24, 13 6:47 AM
First time ever I have trouble downloading a game....3 hrs and I'm stuck at 82%. I'll give it one more hour and after that...the bin!

Mhhu
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,439 Posts

[Post New]by Mhhu on Mar 24, 13 7:05 AM
HI MinnieK , I am based in the Netherlands and I can agree with a lot of what you say however I am not so sure the download problems are related to the revamped website. I have at times been faced with extremely slow downloads since I joined last June. I always read the technical posts, along with the reviews for the games, and there seems to be no "common factor" to the problem which I believe is what makes it so hard for BFG to find a solution. My husband tried to trace the routes a few times and we saw that the signal literally hangs, as if caught in a bottleneck, when the downloads go through certain IP addresses, indicating low capacity or faulty routers in the field. As I am not very technical, I am not sure whether what I am saying makes sense, but finding this out led me to understand that the fault may not necessarily lie with BFG.

P.S. Perhaps it's just me but reading about slow download issues does not put me off trying a game, It just prepares me for the possibility that I'll need to be patient. Most of the time though everything turns out just fine.

Susanna2
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Susanna2 on Mar 24, 13 7:15 AM
Re to download problems:
I often have them as well - with this game it went well so far.
It's more often than before and I contacted not only BFG technical support (it's great how they react and try to help but often they have no clue as well) but my computer expert who thinks it has to do with the "adjustments" on the side of BFG and not with my computer which is "state of the art", hardware- and software-wise, at least for games like here.

Whatever - what helped me with slow installations is the following:
If I see that the installation is slow I interrupt it and delete the installation. I begin new, and if necessary I delete and start again. Every time I do so the installation goes fast until the point it was slow before, then it's a little bit fast and then slow again. So: de-install, try again and so on.
And suddenly it works.

hdnobjgamluvr
Shark
Shark
12,611 Posts

[Post New]by hdnobjgamluvr on Mar 24, 13 7:26 AM
I just downloaded now, and sorry, but it only took about 3 minutes.

frazerpaul
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

DOWNLOAD OR NOT

[Post New]by frazerpaul on Mar 24, 13 7:30 AM
over 6hours now still only 91% ouch

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Mar 24, 13 7:44 AM
Bpup wrote:Not to be snarky, but a slow download is not really a technical problem with the game - it is a server problem. Just checking the forum and seeing 17 entries in the Tech thread as opposed to 10 entries in the Review thread gives the impression that there is some serious technical glitch with the game play - which there apparently isn't.

Perhaps there should be a separate thread entitled "Download Problems" in each game's forum to separate out those complaints from true game glitches?

Definitely agree with you. I know it's frustrating to me when I have
the slow downloads, but I'd like to see it go to a seperate thread, also.
Both tech and comments thread are suffering.

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by tillybaby on Mar 24, 13 8:06 AM
8 hours and still not downloaded

MinnieK
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by MinnieK on Mar 24, 13 8:37 AM
joyce2121 wrote:
Bpup wrote:Not to be snarky, but a slow download is not really a technical problem with the game - it is a server problem. Just checking the forum and seeing 17 entries in the Tech thread as opposed to 10 entries in the Review thread gives the impression that there is some serious technical glitch with the game play - which there apparently isn't.

Perhaps there should be a separate thread entitled "Download Problems" in each game's forum to separate out those complaints from true game glitches?

Definitely agree with you. I know it's frustrating to me when I have
the slow downloads, but I'd like to see it go to a seperate thread, also.
Both tech and comments thread are suffering.

I'm sure we would all love to be able to read lots of reviews and interesting comments on the game - but if people are unable to download it in the first place it's a bit difficult for them to come up with scintillating reviews and comments.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Mar 24, 13 8:43 AM
I timed mine due to the posts here and it was done in less than 7 min!!

Mart1n0940
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Mart1n0940 on Mar 24, 13 9:19 AM
Mine just finished in 6 1/2 hours

I saw some posts earlier about whether it's a particular server (or region of servers) or a particular route for the traffic. I don't see how that can be right because every time this problem occurs (including today and yesterday), the first part of the download behaves as normal (13Mb/s for me) then it suddenly slows right down (usually to about 0.1Mb/s for me) part way through

Today, the first 25% (70Meg) took 2 minutes then the last 75% took 6.5 hours

Edited on 03/24/2013 at 9:20:12 AM PST

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 24, 13 9:58 AM
It took so very long to download, I was sick of it before it even started.

[Post New]by islander133 on Mar 24, 13 10:14 AM
Game won't download at all! Never had this problem. I tried the download after disabling my firewall and still nothing. Seems like it wants to start and then just stops.

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Mar 24, 13 12:00 PM
Well, a first for me. I tried to download and in five minutes it has only downloaded 37MB which is HIGHLY unusual for me. I think time of day has nothing to do with slow downloads. I agree that there is a server somewhere that is not doing its thing properly. I will try again later but at 6MG per minute, this would take forever to acquire.

Go to: