dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

Re:Reviews for PuppetShow: Destiny Undone Collector's Edition

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 28, 13 11:15 AM
Well, I can't add much more to cbtx, Valdy and shorenuf. Excellent reviews. I also have the first 4 and enjoyed them all, but am really tired of the puppet thing. The sequel has been done to death, move on to something else.

The graphics were a bit fuzzy and not up to the usual ers standards. Music the same, HOGs same, game play nice. Nice help system, but very slow on recovery. I like voice overs in my games (sort of brings them to life), but the voices for the children seemed too old for their look and I am really tired of crying children.

Games were very simple and not challenging at all. I especially did not care for the location of the extras, e.g. SG, map, notes, etc. They were too cramped and close together.

The hat thing was silly, but kind of fun. All that being said, I did enjoy the game a little, but I will have to think about that for awhile. I'm sure I will add this one to my "Puppet" collection, just not sure it will be the CE. It just wasn't challenging enough for a CE.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all, or you may find it quite enjoyable. Thanks for the reviews.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Mar 28, 13 11:18 AM
It was worth the wait. Absolutely gorgeous! ERS never fails with great graphics, puzzles and voice overs. Love the characters and will be a buy for me, just want to wait until the 1st of month. Plays so smooth and they have done everything I could have wanted. It has a map, and even puppets you can name. What a clever game and just LOVE IT... Give this 5 out of 5 stars..

_misschrissi_
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by _misschrissi_ on Mar 28, 13 12:13 PM
I have the first two 'Puppet Show' games, and in fact Puppet Show the original was the very first game I bought (I played it on an iPod, how on earth did I manage with that tiny screen? ). By the time No.3 came out I'd had enough, and I didn't buy the last one.

There is much to enjoy about this latest instalment if you like 'girly' stuff, like dressing up puppets, making/decorating hats etc. I kind of enjoyed that part, I admit (sorry ). The puzzles were, like many have said, not terrifically difficult, but they're fine if you're not looking for a real brain-teaser. The HOGs I found in the demo were varied, which was good. Graphics were typical ERS, very beautifully drawn, but of course instantly recognisable.

The inclusion of a map is a new - and welcome - feature, and it was helpful to see which scenes you had 'cleared'.

The things that I really, really didn't like were the music and the voiceovers. If I shut my eyes I could've been playing 'Grim Facade' again, which I did the other day, or any other ERS game. It makes one game feel like another. The woman playing this "Gabriella" character also looked very much like Gabriella from the Grim Facade: Cost of Jealousy game!!!! Maybe they're using the same actors lol

The voiceovers were poor, as the children didn't sound anything like children. Felicia's in particular, was dreadful. I skipped through the dialogue because it was so bad.

I know I will buy this game, and probably as a CE too, but I'll wait for a special offer or sale. Unfortunately I seem to be doing that more and more with all new games coming out these days - waiting. There's not many games coming out just now that make me say "I must have that - NOW!"

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Mar 28, 13 12:16 PM
I downloaded & right off the bat on the front screen I had to fight my cursor to hit the play button. Oh oh, it's happening again. The cursor with a mind of it own is BACK. Sure enough when I got to the second scene my cursor became "possessed" again while the boy was talking & continued in the house with the robot & back again when I TRIED to give the boy his cat. At these times the music also played over & over like a stuck record. I had high hopes for this game but my hopes were dashed again. No sale & it will be deleted forthwith!!

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Mar 28, 13 12:30 PM
I will add this to my PuppetShow lineup. Not sure about the CE but this will be a must buy for me....

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Mar 28, 13 12:34 PM
At last it’s here – Puppet Show Destiny Undone, and IMO it was worth the wait! Unlike some who may think this series should have long ago reached its end, I think the story just keeps getting more interesting.

We can always count on the great artistic talents of the bunny team to give us great graphics that always have their special touch. If I had any complaints about the game
(yes, there are a few) they are the voices of Felicia and the boy. While Felicia's voice is grating and annoying, the boy’s voice sounds too old for his character. My other complaint is the tool fan. I wish that would go away. Now that I have my negatives out of the way, on to the good stuff that makes this game five-star.

Some may think the puzzles in the game easy, and many are but I have stumbled across some that are quite challenging. The HOS are good with items that are fairly easy to find. We have asked many times for the inclusion of an interactive map and we have one in this game. We also have extras that all add up to make this a CE worthy game. One of my favorite parts of the game is my puppet helper – a bit different than the furry little friends we have in some games but he is cute.

I have read the comments where some think it is the same old thing - find this, use it here but in reality all of the HO games we play (no matter who the dev might be) are the same, which is the basic premise of all HOPA genre. So let's give the bunny team a break guys!

Admittedly, ERS is one of my absolutely favorite game developers and I am thrilled to see this addition to the Puppet Show series. I think you should try the demo and at least give this game a fair trial before making up your own mind. For me, it was an instant buy and I love it.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Mar 28, 13 1:08 PM
Geesh. This game reminds me of the movie sequels, Rambo, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street. I can envision being old and gray and playing PuppetShow 999. Felicia's great granddaughter will continuing the quest of her great grandmother in locating her grandfather. We will be playing a variation of the same puzzles modified slightly and made easier. They will become so easy that my cat will be able to play them. Oops, guess what? My cat just hit one of the computer keys and he solved a puzzle! Imagine that ! I hate to be mean to bunnies at Easter (I till want my Easter basket), but this game series is getting "old in the teeth." See that cbtx, I can come up with colloquialisms too!

cbtx states
this poor, tired, old horse has been rode hard and put up wet.
My Texas Aggie friend has a few more for you as well. How about "that dog don't hunt"? An believe me this game doesn't "hunt" as well.

It is a shame, GamERS because your graphics are beautiful; however, your storyline is the same and the puzzles are a major disappointment. You have some very good games, but "let this poor old dog die." (Another Aggie bit of wit).

endofmonth
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by endofmonth on Mar 28, 13 2:21 PM
I loved, loved, loved the original PuppetShow and moderately enjoyed the sequels. But this is just another childish game. Clearly meant for younger players. What's going on?

Anyway, Geronimo -- I'm outa this one.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Mar 28, 13 2:52 PM
My review is based on demo and having played the other 3 games in this series. I'm a huge fan of ERS...but with this said...I agree with cbtx. I was hoping for something new...not a repeat of the same thing.

The graphics are very beautiful...but we've seen them in their other games. We've already saved her father before. How about a new storyline or graphics or puzzles. Something new please!!!! Beside using your cookie cutter. Your team is more talented then this. Let them use their artistic talents on some new idea's. While playing this game...I felt like I already played it 3 time's before.

For newer player's this should be a try for you...your going to love it. But for those of us that have played this series out...it should be put to bed. Unless ERS decide's to create new idea's.

I would buy the CE only with a great sale...so it will be a SE purchase with punch card/Daily Deal/Catch of the Week.

I rate this game: “PIGLET”
Good game. I like these little gems! This game is for true lovers of these types of games.
‘ ‘
(o)

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

Dull and Boring

[Post New]by bluesinew on Mar 28, 13 6:09 PM
I had high hopes for this game, but after Playing for 15 minutes I just didn't like the game. I found graphics to be dull and boring and the whole game a little Déjà vu. Sorry, not a buy for me.

[Post New]by knickknackblue on Mar 28, 13 6:46 PM
I love the Puppet Show series and I agree with everything jojo the joyful said.

jojo_the_joyful wrote:This is not a typical review as all the points have already been covered by the great fishies above.

I am a die hard fan of the puppet show series & bought untried. ( with my down load speeds, it was for the best)

I am pleased to say it continues in the same vein as the others & I love the creepy music etc. It is what helps make puppet show.

I have absolutely no complaints about the graphics, HOGs or mini games.

As always, I am with Valdy in as much as the wide screen option just gives me pretty bars to fill my screen & not the game filling my screen.

Although I am 100% glad I bought this & I am loving it, I really think the fascia could have been improved.

Why oh why do we have to keep on clicking on our inventory to see what is in it ? It is tiresome and has been a complaint in other games.

Also I feel this game may be lagging behind in what we have been treated to with regard to CE's recently. Although there are puppets to collect, it is hardly a morph per scene.

That said. You can download Calendars, which I expect I will do, a nice touch there.

So being a die hard "Puppet Show" fan I am very satisfied & I am loving it.

If I had not been a fan / customer of this series, I might be a tad disappointed with it being a CE

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Mar 28, 13 7:13 PM
I own all the earlier PuppetShow games. I am not a PuppetShow-hater like some others in this forum. But I'm not a huge fan either.

It does play in widescreen for me, fully filling the screen.

This game is ok, about equal to the earlier ones. It does not "raise the bar," or even rattle it.

Its amazing that after several years this can still be considered a decent game. Maybe it's a testament to how far ahead of their time the earlier games were?

If you have not played the earlier PuppetShow games, you should enjoy this one. If you have, you may still like this, just don't expect anything groundbreaking.

Happy Passover and Easter to all. Enjoy!

Edited for spelling and to note, I'm a Guppy!

Edited on 03/28/2013 at 7:15:14 PM PST

sheepgirl
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by sheepgirl on Mar 29, 13 7:48 AM

Oh I'm enjoying a quiet Bank Holiday playing this one.

I really did enjoy the other Puppet games and this one is no different. But I do mean that in 2 ways.
Yes, it's as good as the others, but, BIG BUT, it's actually very much the same.

Easy to find your way around.....quite linear really. Not keen on the 'fan' inventory thing. I'm lazy and don't like having mo make extra clicks.......

Other than that, it downloaded fine onto my mac, graphics and cursor are great and screen reso is spot on, not too dark.

Their grasp of history makes me smile. But hey, it's a game.

Happy Easter y'all

[Post New]by cmark1 on Mar 29, 13 9:06 AM
I just got this game, I haven't played any of the PuppetShow series. So far I am enjoying it, I don't mind easy puzzles as I usually get frustrated and skip them.

I've gotten as far as the HOP where I am looking for shadow items, this one has me stumped, I can't get one part of it to work in order to complete everything. I've tried pushing every button and have only succeeded in making one item.

I'm going to leave the game for awhile until someone comes up with the answer. This isn't my first game where I've had issues, but I do love the Big Fish hidden object games, they have great story lines.

Pixielate
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Pixielate on Mar 29, 13 11:28 AM
This is the most fun of the PuppetShows that I have played to date. I loved the mini-games and that there were so many places to go. BEST GAME I have played in months!

I have only one small complaint: In the hidden object scenes there are some items with names which I have never heard, such as chaplet. What? I have a pretty good knowledge of the English language, so I think this was overlooked by the interpreters. They also used mark (for money), disc (record), and sneakers (slippers). The last two I found corrected in the Strategy Guide.

Overall--great game; I played all day!

rockey69
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by rockey69 on Mar 29, 13 4:58 PM
Got through the demo and had to buy. So far I am loving this game. The puzzles I have played so far are not real hard, but some of them take awhile to get through. I dont really like really hard puzzles anyway. Can't wait to get back to the game bye

Edited on 03/29/2013 at 4:59:14 PM PST

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Mar 29, 13 8:45 PM
Well, looks like I will be purchasing this one too. The bundle sale does me no good, because I already have all the games, except this, the last one in the series.

I've already purchased so many (too many) CE's and other games this month, but I can not resist with this final one to complete the series.

The PuppetShow games are always so well done and fun. So off I go, or maybe not. Maybe I'll wait until April begins, because this CE is good for 3 punch card credits, and I have only one more vacant slot to fill in my latest card. I hate that we no longer can carry over our punch credits from month to month. If I purchase this now, I will fill up the card, but lose 2 game credits at month end. On the other hand, if I don't purchase it, I will lose the five punches already on my card out of the six. Better to lose 2 than 5, right? Such pondering... decisions, decisions... he he. Awe, what the heck... off to purchase right now. Besides, I'm beginning to confuse myself! LOL

One thing for certain... I will be quite busy catching up on the play for so many purchased, yet not even started. Maybe I will behave next month!? LOL ...no promises.

Edited on 03/29/2013 at 8:57:28 PM PST

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Mar 29, 13 10:28 PM
This is her fants CE to collect. The collection of puppetshow is on sale as a bundle. Great graphics, 3 modes of HOS, text with interactive hos in one scene, outline in another, and place the object cum puzzle HOS in 3rd HOS.

Dressing the puppet was fun and mini puzzles were easy. MAJOR grips. Ok, so I got all the trains line up within their color groups and still the puzzle didnt just end, and I am at a lost as to what to do. Look at the help text, and it said line up the trains within that color track. I already done that. Look at strategy guide, same solution, so whys its still stuck. It didnt struck me until I have skipped it that maybe I had to pull the lever at the right/left side of the track. Went back to strategy guide, NOPE no instructions to pull lever!!! WHAT! its a strategy guide, not a rocket scientist handbook, give me a break! I was mad at myself and feeling like a fish out of water

Anyways download the 1hr trial, u will get to this puzzle in the trial, and see whether u could figure it out. Its still a great game, and I would highly recommend it!

oasis53
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by oasis53 on Mar 31, 13 1:44 AM
Sorry Fishies...I loved the other Puppet games but this one was a waste of money..definatey not worth the extra money for CE..wish I had waited for the single version to come out..it is very confusing at places...the HO games have a lot of "foreign" words for items..had no idea what some were ..plus some were not even correct...had to use hint for some...I never did in the others...hated the part where you made hats for the puppet...boring...
Welllll...hope you all have a Happy Easter...God Bless

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Apr 1, 13 4:46 PM
It took me a couple days playing off and on, but finally finished the main and bonus games. I really don't mind that the "Puppet" series is repetitous in many ways. I have always liked them. I think this one has a few new things added to it. Honestly, it has been so long since I played my Puppet games, I forgot alot of things in them. I loved my little puppet guy helper, but didn't care for the "hat thing". I enjoyed most of the games, and found most, and I repeat, most easy, but there were a few that stumped me. Also, as I have posted elsewhere, the piano puzzle just wouldn't work for me. After completing the third series of notes, it wouldn't register that they were correct. And I know they were - they weren't that hard. Aggravating!! Also, the frog puzzle had me stymied. But I read from another fishie how to play that. Too late - I already completed both the games! I love maps that you can jump from place to place. Why don't all devs do that? And I am not a big fan of the "fan" inventory! As aggravating as the inventory strip can be, I get tired of having to open that fan everytime I want to see my inventory. Well, I've gone on and on and said absolutely nothing new that hasn't already been covered!!! But I must say, I had a really good time (love the graphics) and have always enjoyed those crazy ole puppets!!

feenix

Go to: