Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

IT’S ALWAYS GOOD TO KNOW!

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 28, 13 12:05 PM
lackoo wrote:- you ruined two great franchise ( Phantasmat and Azada )

Apart from a lot of other things I didn't agree with, these 2 are the ones that I really have to disagree with.

I loved the first "Phantasmat" game, but the one brought out by ERS was a real winner as well - and not just I, but a lot of other gamers felt the same.

And I really really disliked the original Azada games, and am so glad that ERS has brought out their own versions.
Perhaps ERS shouldn't have called them "Azada", then maybe there wouldn't have been such an outcry of "not the same as the original", but praises might have been given instead for such outstanding games.

I love the ERS Azada games, and hope there will be more in the future.

--- --- ---

Oh, and btw, I love the PuppetShow games, and if there are more to come...

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

Re:IT’S ALWAYS GOOD TO KNOW!

[Post New]by bbelle on Mar 28, 13 12:08 PM
Hi ERS and thanks for coming here. I have all your CE's and love everyone of them. I do not much care for Match 3 but I have 1 or 2 of those. Keep on improving as you are so I can keep on buying.

Thanks for making my gaming so enjoyable.

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Mar 28, 13 12:35 PM
Thanks Ers for this last puppet show.Sorry about some of the negative remarks.I own the other ones and always looked forward to the next.Love the map and the train transport is neat.You are one of my favorite developers .Keep up the good work you and BF.Also thanks for coming to the forum and taking part.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Mar 28, 13 12:37 PM
[Removed by Moderator].

By ERS' own admission via email, they have kindly and completely explained that their games are programmed in a 4:3 format, and that the decorative side art is a temporary fix. They went on to say that beginning next month their games will be offered in the 16:9 format. (changeover takes time). So for those that believe there is a computer problem, or a resolution problem, or a graphics card issue----according to ERS themselves, that is incorrect.

Further, according to the email, the first game to show this change will be the next "Redemption Cemetery" game. I can't wait!! Thanks, V. at ERS. I sincerely believe that this coming change will be a giant step to climbing back to the top of the game dev list. And I can't wait for that, as well.

Thanks so much, ERSGameStudios, for coming to the forums. That, in and of itself, speaks volumes. You are so correct----"It's always good to know!". And it is very, very good to see you here!!

Edited on 03/28/2013 at 4:30:37 PM PST

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Mar 28, 13 12:52 PM
How cool is this thanks for stopping in ERS it's great to see you here. I have all of your games and love each and every one of them and I'm a HUGE fan of all of your games and this latest Puppet Show is awesome. As for Phantasmat and Azada I think you did a bang up job on both of them I loved the last Azada and please continue to do this series you did such an excellent job with it and I hope you will continue with the Azada series you gave the game something special and you made it tons of fun and simply gorgeous. I always look forward to each and everyone of your releases so when's the next ERS game gonna be released soon I hope I'm loving the new Puppet Show it's one of my favorite series and as always you did a wonderful job the graphics are so gorgeous and I love the puzzles and I like the fact your puzzles aren't so difficult I'm not a big puzzle person but I do enjoy yours they are always very creative and fun. Thanks for stopping in and do come back and keep up the great work you guys are a wonderful team and do some of the best games out there. Simply put ERS YOU ROCK !

Edited on 03/28/2013 at 1:47:18 PM PST

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Mar 28, 13 1:31 PM
Hi ERS and welcome to the pond from one of your biggest fans ever. I absolutely love your games and so admire your artistic talents and creativity.

IMHO, your games are getting better all the time. I think you have made some terrific improvements by adding maps to this game and to the previous one, and by adding achievements and collectibles to your CE games. My only request is if you continue with the Puppet Show series, I would really like it if you please lose the fan toolbox and transition to the standard bottom inventory box.

I own almost every game you have presented for our gaming enjoyment. You are a developer that presents games where I know I can hit the buy button without a demo of the game and NEVER be disappointed in what you offer. Thank you for the hours of wonderful entertainment that you have provided for me.

Also, a big thank you for visiting us here in the pond. I love your games.

A very happy fishie,
Jenna

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Mar 28, 13 2:43 PM
I play on a 24" iMac -- ERS games open in widescreen all the time.

I think the first ERS game I played (it's the first memorable one, anyway) was EAP Murders in the Rue Morgue. It was a WOW! in every regard. Challenging and gorgeous. It seems the first game of many of ERS' series have offered those qualities, then they get easier. That is sad. If these are "games" they should offer the player an opportunity to feel accomplished for solving a puzzle or a task. So often these offerings are more like an activity.

As a seasoned player, it is difficult to be objective about any individual game. If you look at PuppetShow 5 from a new player's perspective, it too would be a Wow! ERS has tried to add some innovative ideas to recent games, but with many of them they have taken away much of the challenge I associate with a brilliant effort. Still, there is only so much that can be done with the HOG formula, I really don't know what changes or additions are left. I give ERS credit for trying.

The helper character -- it's a cute touch (one Elephant Games used quite successfully in Royal Detective). Personally, I think such things as naming them and dressing them up is a bit childish for the demographic casual games are focusing on. Add to that, the unnecessary "Are you sure you want to go there?" Map question.

I agree -- Azada is no longer Azada -- for heaven sake, in the third one I couldn't even use the code word from Azada 2. Oh well.

ERS artistic style -- come on, it's uniquely their own, and even if not your cup of tea, it can still be appreciated. I know I see the beauty in it through the haze. Seriously, it's quite stunning.

I also find the inventory fan annoying.

ERS is not the only developer churning out game after game (see aforementioned comment). There is a new audience of gamers every day, and they will say Wow! and buy many of the games we say are same old, same old-- ERS and others. I suspect those sales reflect ERS desire to keep producing games at their current rate. Hey -- it's business.

I stood up for ERS a while back when you all were down on them. Then there were a number of games they put out that disappointed, and I voiced my discontent. Song of the Phoenix was a noble effort back. And then Penumbra Motel -- a big departure AND a challenging game. I feel confident they still have it in them to make games like those.

LadyReah
Herring
Herring
372 Posts

[Post New]by LadyReah on Mar 28, 13 3:03 PM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:[Removed by Moderator]

Wide screen - it has been proved that it's a computer problem.
Destroying games - it's personal, many players liked it.
Release only CE - it's their choice, you don't have to buy it. Do you buy clothes at Shanelle?
CE not worthy - personal point of view.
Blocking at Facebook - they have the right, like in each forum there.
[Removed by Moderator]

[Removed by Moderator]

If you go back through the reviews of most games you are sure to find someone that has complained about those very things while many others applaud. Read the reviews of Phenomenon: Meteorite Collector's Edition and you will find that the majority found the game outstanding while a few others that found fault with what others were applauding. They are all personal choices. It's also ERS choice to take what is being said as constructive or nonconstructive criticism.

Personally I have not played though an entire ERS game in a long time. I used to play almost every one and still demo most of their games. I have beta tested several of their games and done the surveys making sure to include my own thoughts in each one.

IMHO their games are graphically beautiful. While the inventory fan was novel in the first game it has become annoying now in the 5th game. As someone else mentioned I prefer an inventory bar that pops up when you hover your mouse over it. The addition of the map is really nice. But my biggest complaint is that the puzzles are far too easy. But their are plenty of players who enjoy the easier puzzles and gaming novices. For them ERS games would be a very good choice. My preference is for 'pull out your hair' type puzzles. So ERS games are not my choice.

LadyReah

Edited on 03/28/2013 at 5:23:44 PM PST

geninfo4
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by geninfo4 on Mar 28, 13 3:06 PM
Just a quick note. I have the very first puppet game. Love the artwork! Will buy this game too! Want your company to include widescreen. Real widescreen, not bars/window dressing. I have a new17 inch laptop. Love it! But your games need to be. WIDESCREEN. Hopefully you take the positive/ negative comments for future ideas resulting in even better games. I appreciate your response to find out what our diverse gamer community Would like in future projects!! Thank you!!

MaryEl
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by MaryEl on Mar 28, 13 3:36 PM
I will buy games by ERS without even previewing (most of the time). Usually will preview for 5 min to make sure my computer is in sync with the game. That is how great they are. Some are harder than others, but the graphics are always outstanding. Keep them coming. Looking forward to the next game that you have on the drawing board. What talented people you have working in your organization!

cmh47
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by cmh47 on Mar 28, 13 3:54 PM
MISS NAMED ITEMS IN HO SCENES
I have now finished the main game - extra still to play. However I just felt I had to come here and say that although I have really enjoyed playing the game I spent quite some time looking for items in the HO scenes and when I used the hint button items were highlighted that did not fit the wording. E.G. Scar - Handprint,
Stylus - Feather, Stud - Button, Ivories - Dice and Curtains - Tassels. It is the first time I have come across a 'Handprint' being called a Scar, Tassels' being called Curtains' and a 'Stylus' being called a Feather. I hope that in future games a little more care is taken when naming items for any HO scenes as miss named items leads to frustration which in turn could lead to people not wanting to play the game because of constant errors in the game.

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Mar 28, 13 3:58 PM
Have played all the puppet show games and they are great.. this one is just as good. Cannot believe this is the last one. The only thing I have to say is sometimes the hidden object names do not match up...... a cube - which is a dice, a scar - which was a handprint, a ball - which was an christmas ornament, and finery - which was a necklace. Sorry, just had to tell you. Otherwise, I absolutley LOVE everything about the puppet show games, and this is one of my favorites. Thanks

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Mar 28, 13 4:00 PM

Edited on 03/28/2013 at 4:30:59 PM PST

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Mar 28, 13 4:14 PM
First, thank you to ERS for coming to the forum.
I'm having almost all your games, but IMHO now you prefere quantity versus quality.
This serie is almost the same, I loved the first and second games, but now I'm not more interested playing similar games.
I'm asking personally, don't finish totally the game in the BC. Not many people could afford to buy CEs. (Grim Facade...)
Always I had full screen, and I liked a lot the last two Azada, if you do another don't call Azada, there are quite different games from the first ones.
I noticed you reduce the time on the hint and skip buttons .
Also, good for you to include a map!!!
I hope you will consider these opinions constructive and no politicals.
Kudos to your team to show up in the forum, to me is just a good measure to improve your nice games !

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 28, 13 4:45 PM
Hi Everyone,

Please keep in mind our Forum Rules when posting, especially our Number 1 Rule:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish Games employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

We've edited some posts that conflicted with this Rule already, and we wouldn't like to have to lock this thread because of this sort of thing.

Also, I'd like to remind you to stay on topic when posting. We always encourage friendly discussion, but as the OP has asked for specific feedback about their games, we would ask that you focus on that to make this discussion the most beneficial for everyone.

Thank you,

bfgMonongahela

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Mar 28, 13 5:14 PM
I have always enjoyed ERS games but lately I have been getting the SE rather than the CE, mainly because I find the extras are simply not worth paying double IMO. I have no interest in music, artwork, wallpapers etc. The SG is nice but I rarely need it for these games. I buy a CE for the bonus game and any collectibles, achievements and/or morphing objects there are. Lately I have found the bonus game to be far too short to justify paying the extra. I really like ERS games but wish they would add the extras that, to me, justify the extra expense. I know I will get this game but probably as a SE rather than a CE. Thank you for visiting us here ERS, it is always good to see a developer swimming around with us!

demon13
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by demon13 on Mar 28, 13 5:27 PM
I have not tried this game yet but i have tried the new Grim Facade game and it only fills half my screen, the other Grim games i bought fit my screen,,and i have updated all my drivers video card and tried screen res,For some reason the last two games will not fit my screen, I have done every thing BF suggested and it is of no help...I think you broke it trying to fix it...Sorry but i don't think i will stay away for awhile or untill you fix the latest Grim game...SORRY.

bella_01
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,674 Posts

[Post New]by bella_01 on Mar 28, 13 5:53 PM
Loved playing the demo (based only on demo), this will be a buy for me. I enjoyed the graphics & music. I have not found anything negative so far about this game. I had no problem with the screen opening in the wide mode (which I give credit to you for that).

I wish I did have at least one thing to say bad about the game but with just playing the demo I have nothing.

Thanks for putting out another great game and welcome to the pond. Hope to see more of you when your new games come out!

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on Mar 28, 13 7:00 PM
Short and sweet, no real widescreen, no more purchases from me, I wont even bother to download to see what the game is like, other DEV has automatic WS, you dont know how annoying it is to play a game with black bars or fake decorations on the side, no matter how good the game is, you have lost a lot of money from me, and I love your games.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Mar 28, 13 7:47 PM
Hi ERS

The bad:
I don't like the fan for inventory.
A lot of your puzzles are way too easy. Insultingly easy.
I'm totally sick of hazy blue graphics.
The SE version should have a proper ending.
Your bonus chapter is usually too short and not that good.
I get a lot of cursor floating and dragging, and video stuttering.
Very disappointed in the new AZADA.

The good:
Finally a map
Finally shorter hint times.
Finally a few more extras in the bonus, replayable HOs and Puzzles.
My cursor and video problems seem to be fewer lately.
Happy with the new Phantasmat.
Love the newer interactive HO scenes like in EAP's The Gold Bug, very happy you gave us a good amount of them in that game

I used to buy all your games but I don't anymore because the puzzles are too easy. There are other reasons, but that is the main one.

Go to: