heathbb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Post any Lost Tales: Forgotten Souls technical issues here only

[Post New]by heathbb on Mar 30, 13 11:25 PM
Rope is a big problem cannot go any further but have everything up to now!?????

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Mar 31, 13 4:39 AM
I've just finished the game.

Rope problem: I had no problem with the rope, I simply clicked the rope in the middle of the hole in the ground. I did notice with a couple of things that the game was picky re where you click, so maybe if you keep trying with the rope at various points in the hole, it will attach. I seem to remember that once it was attached, it was attached to the left side of the hole. (Could be wrong about that though, it's been a while).

Jigsaw problem: the jigsaw worked for me. In the ones where you have to swap and sometimes turn the pieces, you either click two pieces and they swap, or you click the same piece twice and it turns.

Long pause problem: I am another who had the long pause issue when changing screens / going through doors / putting amulet in book / etc. It wasn't a show-stopper for me and I'm glad about that as I really enjoyed the game, but it could definitely be a show-stopper for others, so the devs should really look into fixing it.

Edited on 03/31/2013 at 4:41:05 AM PST

star82601
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by star82601 on Mar 31, 13 2:58 PM
it won't let me type in my name so I can play the game.don't know what to do?

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by linda43416 on Mar 31, 13 3:24 PM
I too am having the same curser, pause time that a few others are having. The jigsaw was a nightmare, jist would not rotate and place without a lot of clicking! I like this game and would love to have but these type of problems are so irritating! I will probably buy and hope for a fix to happen for pause time.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Apr 1, 13 4:44 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm really sorry to see that some of you are having problems with the game .

If you find that you can't find the jigsaw pieces or that you can't use other elements of the game it could be that some of your drivers or other software could do with an update. You can find some easy stdeps on how to do that here.

star82601 - It sounds like some of the files for your game aren't working properly as you can't type in the name. uninstalling and reinstalling the game might already help to solve this.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by NancySusan on Apr 1, 13 6:34 PM
"
bfgIzara wrote:Hey Fishies,

Just swimming in with a little advice!

NancySusan: Since that same resolution message has come up twice it might help to try changing the resolution to 1024 x 768, which is the usual recommended setting for our games. Just click <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=537">here</a> for specific instructions on how to try that. (And you can always easily change it back if changing the settings doesn't help!)"

I checked my screen resolution -- on the newer computers with Windows 8, and Nvidia, it becomes a bigger deal to change screen resolution -- unless there's a really good reason, I won't be doing it -- it's not even advised to customize it, and the 1024 x 768 would, at least with my 22" monitor, be considered customizing. So far this is the only game which was sized weirdly -- I noticed that I could resize to a higher resolution than you've suggested, but lower than the optimized setting for my monitor, but I don't feel comfortable doing that either. if it were a constant problem, I'd have to figure something out, but since the other games I've played sized fine, for now, I'll pass. Thanks.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 2, 13 10:14 AM
Thanks so much for trying that out, NancySusan, and I certainly understand not wanting to further adjust those settings.

Since I am limited here in the Forums to help with specific steps to help get the game working on your system, if you're interested in trying some additional troubleshooting one of our Reps from Tech Support will be happy to help further. Just click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left to reach them.

Thanks again!

bfgIzara

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Apr 2, 13 5:48 PM
Non-rotating puzzle pieces. There is a mirror puzzle further on in the game and again, the pieces didn't want to rotate until I clicked continuously and as fast as I could. The other glitch involves a Hint. In the Angel room, you are directed to find a pillow in the HO. I clicked all over (there is a 'punishment' for over-clicking) and finally resorted to the Hint button. The hint kept sending me to the bell on the floor in front of the organ. Thank goodness for the walk-through! The pillow was not in the bell, and except for the walk-through, I could not have continued playing. It's a lovely game but between the puzzles and the incorrect hint, it's also frustrating.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Apr 3, 13 1:07 AM
Heya cagamenut,

I'm really sorry that you encountered all those glitches with the game .

When a game glitches so much it often helps to uninstall and reinstall the game as this will make sure that all files are in their right place and don't interfere with each other.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Apr 11, 13 3:02 PM
Started out loading slow then curser was floaty when selecting options
So finally got to trial [btw; if I like a game some miner 'glitches' I just work past it].
Played up to the Headstone Puzzle and Puzzle parts could be picked up but no matter where I clicked or which mouse button I used they will NOT Turn, clicked away at least 10 min. of trial then closed and came here to see if anyone else have problem and saw one.. OK I uninstalled reinstalled & played again & same darn thing
In all I uninstalled and retried 3 or 4 times plus updated drivers and Shockwave! After updating same thing But after clicking [left & right buttons] quickly moving mouse I finally got it done. That puzzle should not have taken more than a couple of minutes and it took about 3/4 of trial
All this is being posted here just incase the developer happens to look at the Tech. Problem Link!!! And other fishies have same problem.
Since Big Fish is such a great company to deal with ,that street goes two ways and I feel that I owe Big Fish a Dr. Felix Report so I ran one immediately after closing the game and will send it in a little later..
I will gladly consider buying this game if I see that there has been an update :/

Edited on 04/11/2013 at 3:04:37 PM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 12, 13 2:31 AM
Hi yowzasma,

I'm sorry you had such a poor experience with this game but thank you for contacting us.

While we can offer basic troubleshooting in the Forums, the best way to received specific support tailored to your situation, is to work with Tech so you did the right thing here.

Hoping this is sorted out for you soon and thanks again,

bfgBaikal

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Apr 28, 13 10:09 AM
This game wouldn't be a favorite, but it was OK until I got about 75% through it. Suddenly, I have a floaty cursor which made doing the gears puzzle difficult and the music note puzzle impossible. I'll finish the game, perhaps skipping through more puzzles, but I certainly will never play it again. Why would my cursor go wonky when the game is almost over??

Edit to add: Finished the game, but had to skip the end puzzle because it was impossible to push the witch away. Cursor just wouldn't work. Very disappointing to have to skip so much!

Edited on 04/28/2013 at 3:06:06 PM PST

cherbando
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by cherbando on May 9, 13 1:16 PM
I am getting long pauses between scenes. I think the game is frozen and then it finally frees up so I can move the cursor again. I see I am not the only one with this issue. I usually love these type of games but I hate this one. The puzzles are freezing up making it hard to manipulate the pieces,too. I think I will request a refund on this one.

bunny3620
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by bunny3620 on May 12, 13 7:27 PM
This just isn't for this particular game but others as well. I seem to have a floating curser and it drives me crazy when I try to click on things. I sometimes revert to my regular curser but in this game it won't show where I can go. If there is anyone out there who can help I would really appreciate it. I am running windows 7.

[Post New]by MrsDeeds1955 on Feb 16, 14 10:53 PM
I am at the statue scene and can't get the pistol because there is no pillow. When I use the hint button it circles the bell. I have clicked everywhere around the bell but no pillow. Can't move further without the pistol. HELP!!!

Go to: