bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

Re:Post any Adelantado Trilogy: Book Two technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 5, 13 9:23 AM
Hey there mkastor,

I'm sorry to hear that the game is running so slowly!

If you'd prefer not to run the Dr. Felix report to help diagnose the issue, I would definitely take a look at some of the steps offered in the following help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Making sure that nothing else is running at the same time, and trying those steps in the help article may definitely help to get the game running a little more smoothly.

If you'd like further assistance or more specific troubleshooting steps please be sure to get in touch with Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our Reps will be happy to work with you directly to try and figure that out!

Thanks and I hope this helps!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by bladette2006 on Apr 7, 13 11:48 AM
Hiya. Every time I get a quarter of the way through Salt and skulls...I closes the game with a runtime error...but it doesn't save my progress, so I have to start from the beginning. Any ideas, please?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 7, 13 3:28 PM
Hi bladette2006,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with this game closing like that on you! I have a couple suggestions that may help.

First, the game closing that way is a type of crash; and with that sort of issue the first thing to try is updating your video card and graphics drivers. The help article here goes over how to do that.

It also might help to run your game in Administrator Mode, which should address the issue of your progress not being saved. The info about how to make that adjustment is in this other article here.

If you try those ideas and you're still having trouble, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They have the tools to really delve in to the problem and will work with you directly to get things resolved from there. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 04/07/2013 at 3:28:36 PM PST

naranda
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by naranda on Apr 8, 13 8:22 AM
It's fixed! Tried all the help options with no change, finally emailed with Dr. Felix diagnostics and the tech was able to find a video driver for me from my manufacturer that I couldn't - downloaded and now the game is running perfect! TY BigFish

[Post New]by chewaflo68 on Apr 8, 13 4:33 PM
Found a fix for my slow jerky game play. I had an online chat with the tech but all he could tell me is that I don't have enough physical memory on my puter. That didn't seem quite right since I am able to play the first game with no problems and it requires the same amount of memory. After erasing and downloading several times to no avail I had a thought about what he said about memory. A computer also have "virtual" memory. So.. I closed all unnecessary programs and increased the upper limit of my virtual memory. Now I am playing with no more problems. Hooray and I love the game.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 9, 13 9:38 AM
What wonderful news this is chewaflo68 and naranda! Thank you so much for trying out those steps and working with our Reps on this.

I hope you have a fantastic time playing your game!

bfgIzara

lorialcorn2006
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by lorialcorn2006 on Apr 9, 13 3:16 PM
chewaflo68 wrote:Found a fix for my slow jerky game play. I had an online chat with the tech but all he could tell me is that I don't have enough physical memory on my puter. That didn't seem quite right since I am able to play the first game with no problems and it requires the same amount of memory. After erasing and downloading several times to no avail I had a thought about what he said about memory. A computer also have "virtual" memory. So.. I closed all unnecessary programs and increased the upper limit of my virtual memory. Now I am playing with no more problems. Hooray and I love the game.

Hi I am having the same problem could you please let me know what programs I should close out Im really not computer savvy about programs and not sure which ones would be good to close out while I play . thanks in advance

lorialcorn2006
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

Post any Adelantado Trilogy: Book Two technical issues here only

[Post New]by lorialcorn2006 on Apr 9, 13 3:18 PM
bfgBiwa wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166"> Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

what about for those of use who are not able to up date a game card even the big fish tech support told me I could not do this having searched for me over a week any other ideas on how to stop it from crashing thanks

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Apr 10, 13 3:06 AM
Heya lorialcorn2006,

When your computer has a low amount of memory, especially below 1024MB, it could indeed help to speed up your game if you close some unnecessary background applications. To know exactly which programs can be closed I would recommend that you get in touch with our Tech Support Team again so that they can have a look at everything.

Also, if you can''t update your graphic card due to no newer drivers being available it might be that your graphic card is a bit outdated and that there will be problems especially with newly released games. To make sure that your computer can play a game it could help to have a look at the Minimum Requirements that you can find on the game's page. But of course our Tech Support will be happy to have a look at that for you as well!

I hope this helps .

bfgBiwa

Edited on 04/16/2013 at 12:58:57 AM PST

emerance
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Level 10 crashed!

[Post New]by emerance on Apr 11, 13 6:45 PM
I was almost finished with level 10, had just finished the final task for the chief, and the game crashed with a runtime error. No problems on the other levels.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 12, 13 2:22 AM
Hi emerance,

What a shame you are seeing that message! To help combat that, I would suggest assigning some more permissions to your game; to give it the best chance of running without that error. The following help article will guide you through doing that:

Run Game as Administrator

If the error persists though, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Apr 13, 13 9:30 PM
boostone wrote:Good day

Well this crashes big time I get a Fatal error -

The screen says "_tp_tcall: FUNCTION IS REALLY BAD.

I believe this is a run time error but I need a bit of help.

I am going to uninstall & then re-install to see if it helps

boo

YEP.... the first one was much better....I think the writers were in too big a hurry to put this out. After I worked on the final level for over an hour, it crashes and it's happened numerous times through-out the game. And it's not my computer because it's only 2 years old with plenty of memory

Edited on 04/13/2013 at 9:31:05 PM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Apr 14, 13 2:46 AM
Heya Cromaxgal,

I'm really sorry to hear that you experiencing this game crashing a lot!

Even though your computer definitely sounds capable of handling the game, it could be that some outdated software causes it to have some problems with it. You can easily check and get everything up-to-date with the steps you can find here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

kathiebee
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by kathiebee on Apr 16, 13 2:27 AM
Just downloaded ATBook 2 on to my new computer, which is the latest whiz-bang machine. Game runs beautifully so far. The only thing is, I have a widescreen monitor, and I get the "brick" edges, and my cursor will not go all the way to the left of the game screen. I have missed a couple of things because of this. If I click off "full screen", it goes all the way, but I don't like that because I have the desktop background showing, and that I find distracting.

Any ideas?

Kathiebee

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 16, 13 2:49 AM
Hi kathiebee,

Have you have checked the screen resolution and updated your drivers yet?

These measures normally help with game display issues but if you need more help with this, please contact Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report and they will be happy to take a closer look at this for you.

Thanks!

bfgBaikal

kathiebee
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by kathiebee on Apr 16, 13 6:12 AM
Thanks a lot. Changed my screen resolution and the problem was fixed. Now why didn't I think of that? Thank goodness there are guys with brains out there!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 16, 13 7:57 AM
Cool kathiebee! That's really great to hear and thank so much for giving my suggestion a try.

Hoping you enjoy your game now, in glorious widescreen!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by KelzL461 on Apr 20, 13 5:58 PM
Help please.

I've just finished installing the above and am unable to get into the game at all. After clicking to play it just goes back to "Recent Activity". I get no error messages at all.

I've looked through the Help pages but there doesn't seem to be any posts regarding my problem.

Any help would be most appreciated.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Apr 23, 13 3:14 AM
Heya KelzL461, welcome to the Pond!

It sounds like your computer is having some problems to start the game, which is why it goes right to "recent activities" in your Game Manager. As these kind of problems are often connected to some of the drivers on your computer being in need of an update I would recommend that you have a look at the steps we provide to get everything up-to-date here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by VintageJane on Apr 23, 13 3:58 AM
I was so looking forward to this game and though having problems went ahead and purchased believing that I was just over loading my computer at that moment.
Sadly not. The game is so slow and jerky.
I have taken advise above and increased memory and made certain my drivers are up to date. I am going to get in touch with tech about what background pograms maybe running unneccessarily and hopefully that will solve the issue but really the experience so far has distracted away from a fun gaming experience and one I had so looked forward to.

Go to: