LuckyKK
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

Re:Post any Strange Cases: The Faces of Vengeance technical issues here only

[Post New]by LuckyKK on Apr 19, 13 8:55 PM
I also used the map and then my screen froze up. I can use my hint, & menu buttons & I can pick up the cork that I need for the pipe that has steam coming out of it, but I can't get the close up of the pipe, to be able to use it. I got out of the game & then back into it, twice, but no difference. So now I'm uninstalling & I'll re-install it, and hopefully that will do the trick. I'm up to date on everything, because my system automatically does my updates. This is frustrating. I sure hope it works alright after I download & install it again.
Edited: I re-installed it, got back into it, but it's doing the same thing. The area with the pipe is kind of sparkling, my hint shows me to go there, which I know I need to do. I need to put the cork on the pipe that has a hole in it to stop the steam so I can get the marble. But I just can't do it. I can't get the close up of the area, I can't go inside the bldg. through the window via the dumpster, & I can't go back anywhere else. Plus I can't access the map. ! This is very disappointing. I sure don't want to have to start over with a new profile, that would be ignorant. Buy a game, get about half way through with it, then you can't proceed. The cursor isn't frozen, but the game itself is. I even just tried picking up the cork & taking it over to the pipe area without the close up, but of course that didn't work either. Guess I'll have to contact cus. ser. about it.

Edited on 04/20/2013 at 10:18:25 PM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Apr 23, 13 3:04 AM
Heya LuckyKK,

I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing.

Even though your computer is set to update automatically, this often doesn't catch the newest drivers and software that are needed to play our games properly. You can find some easy steps on how to get everything up-to-date though by clicking here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

BabsH
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by BabsH on Jun 12, 13 8:32 AM
FROZEN, FROZEN, FROZEN!!! The curser moves and the hint button shows me where to go but that's it. Can't do anything else. So frustrating. I'm not going to download again only to start over and end up with the same problem. Don't bother with this game...seems there are a lot of problem with it!

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jul 2, 13 3:47 PM
Got near the end of the game (In clock Tower) and suddenly got a read error ( Illegal Access) and my computer locked up. When I finally got my computer restarted I got a message that my save data had been corrupted and all profiles had been erased. I didn't enjoy the game enough to restart from the beginning, so I just assume the good guy won and the bad guy lost. I really don't like the way the quality of these games is going.

alagamer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Strange Cases: The Faces of Vengeance technical issue

[Post New]by alagamer on Aug 23, 13 3:41 PM
The game froze twice. Both times I had already finished what needed to be done but returned to the scene to make sure. Tried to leave scene but I was "stuck" -- couldn't get out. The 1st time, I was not far into the game so I just restarted the game; the 2nd time I got stuck was 1/2 way through the game in a different scene. Contacted Big Fish customer service/tech and this is part of the reply:

Reason of game freeze: "Sometimes a game is developed in a way that requires events to happen in a specific order. If that order is interrupted it can cause issues such as the one you're seeing here."

If that is the case, customers should know before purchasing the game.

alagamer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by alagamer on Aug 23, 13 3:47 PM
I was given the choice to get a new game (free)

Go to: