jonah11
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

Re:Reviews for Ghost: Elisa Cameron

[Post New]by jonah11 on Apr 9, 13 11:41 AM
I agree with everyone that this is a very basic HOG game. Good for the beginner. No buy. Didn't even finish the demo.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Apr 9, 13 11:50 AM
I wasn't even going to try this game, but glad I did. It is not as awful as lots of fishes are saying. I found it to be a fun game, and had lots of HOG's but that's not awful and puzzles were fun. Seemed to have a storyline that wasn't bad. Hints reloaded fast but didn't need to use them. Had no problem with downloading.

judith12
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by judith12 on Apr 9, 13 11:59 AM
I have to agree with abitmore; I liked it. There is no hair pulling to figure out a puzzle, or where to go next. There are days when I like something relaxing to play, especially when my arthritis is very bad. It's nice to have a choice of games to redownload from the cloud that I've bought from BF depending on my mood that day, pain or no pain. I'll probably buy this one & play it on a day when I'm not feeling up to par. It's so nice to have a choice in my library. Happy gaming everyone

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Apr 9, 13 1:03 PM
I read the reviews, but always try a game for myself. I may like it when you don't. However, this game left a lot to be desired. Graphics and game play were okay. HOGs simple, games simple. Didn't use the hint button, so not sure how quickly it recovers.

The heavy breathing was a bit much. Wondering where items went when you clicked on one in a HOG was beyond silly. The dialogue was very childish and the voice over made this person sound rather boring and stupid. To be honest with you, I think it is even below a beginner level. There was no challenge to the game. Not because there were a lot of HOGs (I happen to like HOGs), but it just didn't have that extra something that makes you want to continue playing. No, I will not be purchasing this game.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find it quite enjoyable. Thanks for the reviews.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Apr 9, 13 1:13 PM
After a blissful, beautiful weekend away, this BF game is equivalent to my alarm clock going off at 5.00 a.m. on Monday morning. I knew not to try it. After all, the best reviewers on this site gave it a "thumbs down" (for you Roger, RIP), Yet I am always the optimist willing to give BF a chance to prove to me that they can provide a great SE. I was just hoping for a nice little game to start off the week. I have to admit I didn't think the SE's could get any worse, but guess what? You proved me wrong again. So my question is --Does anyone actually play these games before releasing them to the public? Guess not. Anyway, I have the choice between going to the dentist to have my teeth cleaned or playing this game. Which should i choose? Oh, guess what? The dentist wins!

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Apr 9, 13 6:38 PM
Fantastic Voiceovers and loved the story line!

Unfortunately that's about the only good things I can say about this game. Click on the blue sparkles and play the HOG. Click on the next blue sparkle to use what you found in the HOG. That's the game play!

I'm with everyone else on this. Not enough there to make it worth buying

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Apr 9, 13 7:52 PM
bratzgram wrote:Fantastic Voiceovers and loved the story line!

Unfortunately that's about the only good things I can say about this game. Click on the blue sparkles and play the HOG. Click on the next blue sparkle to use what you found in the HOG. That's the game play!

I'm with everyone else on this. Not enough there to make it worth buying

YES! I loved the voiceovers and the plot.....not the game.

debbie1001
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by debbie1001 on Apr 9, 13 8:40 PM
I hardly know where to begin. This game is so unacceptable. I am glad I only d/l the demo. What is happening to Big Fish games???? Seems they are going down hill so to speak.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Apr 10, 13 7:31 AM
I have to be one of the ones that disagree a bit here. I do agree it is more of an "old fashioned " hidden object game than an adventure game. But once in awhile , it's nice to play a relaxed , easy game that doesn't have you rushing around, wondering where to go next and having to go from here to there and back again. constantly. There were a lot of HOGs and the narrator's voice did get on my nerves . But I was considering getting it since I had more than a few free credits stacked up. But I was trying to find out how long it was first. If it was short, I wasn't wasting my credit. So after looking through the forum and noticing the comment on how short the game was changed my mind. I just played the demo and left it at that.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Apr 10, 13 9:35 AM
Sorry, but I must agree with the nay sayers. Too old, too,passe, and not worth the Bandwidth. Two years ago I would have jumped on it, but now not worth a D.D.

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Apr 10, 13 7:35 PM
Although this may not rank with the very best Games I have ever played,
I had Free Game Codes that were going to expire so took a chance.
Was refreshing to not have anything Satanic, nor any Snakes/Spiders jumping out at me,
and the story line was interesting.
No W/T, and yes I struggled in a couple of spots,
but as someone said it didn't really need one.
Give it a try, it made for an enjoyable evening.
=^,,^=

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Apr 10, 13 9:01 PM
quite like this game, it has great graphics, photo quality (not hand drawn) and make to look somewhat gameish picture. Mini puzzles are easy, but a bit clumsy

I dont know whether its me or what. I was doing the jigsaw of the newspaper pcs, and instructions was to complete the puzzle and used glue to glue the pcs back. I completed the jigsaw and use the glue I gotten from one of the HOS, but no mattar what I did, the pcs didnt get glued and I dont know how to proceed, so skip! What a bummer!

I would recommend a free stamp to get it

A Quirky, But Enjoyable Game

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Apr 11, 13 11:46 PM
This is a review of the entire game. The game is quirky and a bit bizarre in some respects, and yet it was still a fun and enjoyable game for me. I wouldn't say it is a game for a beginner because it was not an easy game. With some aspects of the game I don't know if it was supposed to be like that or if there were just some glitches in the game, as explained below.

First, I thought the voiceovers were very good, but the volume of the voiceovers was uneven, so that is a glitch. I set the volume I wanted in the Options, but then sometimes, the voices were much louder and sometimes very low. Also, the navigation was quirky because you had to point to a certain area of the screen to move to another scene and sometimes I couldn't figure out how to move to a new scene. The items you receive in your inventory are not labelled. When you hover over them, there is no label. I hate HOS and there were a lot of HOS in this game. Also, sometimes I would complete a HOS and would not receive anything. It turns out that completing some HOS does not put an item in your inventory, but triggers something else you can do, so that took some getting used to. Finally, there seemed to be a delayed reaction at times where there was nothing to do in a scene and then all of a sudden, sparkles would appear for a HOS.

Despite everything I wrote above, I kept with the game because the game was actually a lot of fun for me. So I put up with its shortcomings because the game was enjoyable. The graphics were very well done and clear and the music and sound effects were great. The HOS were not too bad because they were pretty easy, there is no random click penalty, and the hint meter recharged quickly. So I finished most HOS in 1.5 to 2 minutes. Another interesting part of the game was this jigsaw puzzle that you play throughout the entire game. You keep getting puzzle pieces and you click on an orb on the right of the screen to open the puzzle. Then you add the new pieces you found and then click the orb to return to the game. The puzzle was good because when you moved a piece around the puzzle it would highlight where the piece was supposed to go. The storyline was also very intriguing and the puzzles were enjoyable.

So despite some quirky behavior, I put up with it because I really enjoyed the game, wanted to see what happened next, and had a lot of fun playing it. I recommend this game and give it 2 thumbs up. I rate this game a 7.5 out of 10.

Edited on 04/11/2013 at 11:59:32 PM PST

arrington1
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by arrington1 on Apr 19, 13 2:02 PM
I bought this with a coupon because I was thinking it was another game. It is without a doubt one of the sorriest games I have played. The developers should be ashamed of themselves.

forneymary
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by forneymary on Apr 9, 14 1:06 PM
Deffinately old fashioned. lucky us games have evolved so extensively. i, however, am an old fashioned girl. i like easy, i like hand holding and i like short. some games just go on for ever and ever and they bore me with all those fancy perks. i just pulled out of the demo with a scant minute to play and i'm gonna buy for the DD price just to see where it goes. it hooked me. it also reminds me alot of one of the first games i bought back in 05. she walked around in her dreams trying to figure out how she got in the hospital. i hated that game because it challenged me to frustration. i love that like the sour in a pickle. i don't know why - i just do.

Go to: