evetruth
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

Re:***PC*** Post any Found: A Hidden Object Adventure Free to Play technical issues here only

[Post New]by evetruth on May 3, 13 10:17 AM
zbox12 wrote:Just got the corrupted profile message again. This time I was on level 65 or so. The game was acting really jerky and wierd last night as I was playing and then this morning it told me I had to start over. I don't think CS is open yet but I'll talk to them later. And yes I updated in April so I had the new quests and the Ice Palace.
It happened to me also.

evetruth
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

Re:***PC*** Post any Found: A Hidden Object Adventure Free to Play technical issues here only

[Post New]by evetruth on May 3, 13 10:21 AM
I still can't submit a ticket nor can I download Dr. Felix. I will write them and let them know about the corrupt message and how it made the game go back to the survival tutorial stage. By that I mean I had to start from level one.

evetruth
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by evetruth on May 3, 13 10:46 AM
evetruth wrote:I still can't submit a ticket nor can I download Dr. Felix. I will write them and let them know about the corrupt message and how it made the game go back to the survival tutorial stage. By that I mean I had to start from level one.
Once they get this information I know from the past that Big Fish will fix it.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 3, 13 2:02 PM
Hey evetruth!

I just replied to your other message but if you have any further issue contacting Customer Support just let me or any of the other Mods know. Just click the PM button on one of our posts to reach one of us.

And no worries about that Dr. Felix yet - really helpful of you to try to include it but if it's not working then one of our Reps will be able to give some instructions on how to get that running properly.

Thanks again!

bfgIzara

Edited on 05/03/2013 at 2:03:40 PM PST

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on May 8, 13 5:32 AM
I read some posts in the past couple weeks in which someone said that the game wouldn't register when they had found the last item in an area and they had to finally "back out" to get back to the game.

Well, it finally happened to me! I was playing the pirate ship area, found all the objects and the area stayed open. I even used a magnet to see if that would "bump" it somehow; that didn't work. Had to "fail" the level to get out of it.

I am wondering if this is an isolated incident, or a sign that it could happen again or that more bugs could pop up? I'm playing on a Windows XP laptop that has pretty much nothing but Big Fish games on it. I made it to level 60-something without issues then recently decided to start the game over. I'm currently on level 24, and now all of a sudden this bug occurred. Should I uninstall/reinstall, or wait to see if it happens again?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 8, 13 6:28 AM
Hi euphoria,

In this instance, I would encourage you to uninstall and reinstall the game because this should help you to smooth out any problems that may be causing the game to run incorrectly.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If the error persists after doing so though, or you would like some more direction on this, please contact Tech Support again by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by llubberts on May 8, 13 8:20 PM
I was at level 80-90 and I got an error message and the game restarted to the beginning. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it is still at the beginning. Is there some way to go back to where I was?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 9, 13 6:13 AM
Hi llubberts,

Welcome to the Pond!

Oh I am so sorry you have had this happen, please send a email through to our Customer Support Team who will be glad to investigate what went on here with you.

I am keeping my fins crossed that this is easily resolved and thanks in advance for taking the time to reach out to us, we really appreciate it.

bfgBaikal

Edited on 05/09/2013 at 6:13:46 AM PST

[Post New]by DocAimster on May 9, 13 3:56 PM
Hi. A few weeks ago, I was on level 73 and received the "corrupted file" message and had to start over...fast forward to this morning and all of a sudden the game won't even open on my pc. I've uninstalled/re-installed the game 4 times today, but it still won't open. After deciding to try one more time I did the uninstall/re-install thing again, and now my pc says the file isn't compatible. Now, I am totally confused about what to try. I love this game and want to play it again. Any ideas of what I should do? Thanks.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 9, 13 5:17 PM
Hi DocAimster,

I'm sorry to hear that the game hasn't been working very well lately. Let's see if we can get that fixed!

Based on what you're describing, it sounds like the corrupted file error you received might be the culprit. If data gets mixed up or damaged in any way, it can cause issues even if the game is reinstalled. In that case, deleting any leftover data from the previous installation should clear that up, and our Tech Support Team will be more than happy to go through that with you.

Hopefully they can get you back to enjoying the game in no time!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by DocAimster on May 9, 13 7:07 PM
Thanks for answering my question! I emailed Tech Support and received an email back saying it may take 48 to 72 hrs. Hopefully they will be able to help me get this game running again...I'm a little addicted to it. Hahaha

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 10, 13 2:47 PM
Thanks, DocAimster, and I know one of our Reps will get back to you as soon as possible to help get that sorted out.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by dagstrom on May 12, 13 11:40 PM
Sunday night from about 1:30 to 2:30 AM (when i gave up trying) the game didn't give me any green wrapped present boxes, including the ones i got for playing locations, and having played through 3 honey pots and leveling up attempting to accrue enough boxes to make the remaining 5 15 men for a dead man's chest accomplishment of more honey pots i really needed and was looking forward to them. i also spent 9 or so handcuffs with different avatars thinking i hit a glitch in one of them, but to no avail. [for collections] are hard enough to collect but really you guys have to fix this thing with the boxes. i refuse to play anymore tonight, as i'm just hoping the issue can be tweaked overnight in maintenance. thank you for all your hard work and time, folks.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 14, 13 4:20 AM
Welcome to the Pond!

Sorry to see you had these issues though dagstrom!

If they have persisted for you, please do reach out to Tech Support so we can help you with this and also, track this issue.

I hope this helps and happy finding!

bfgBaikal

joylight57
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by joylight57 on May 16, 13 4:47 PM
HI - I've had several scenes that after I used my energy & played the scene & Found ALL the items, it won't move on & I have to quit the scene & not getting credit for it or any items. What's up w/ that???

Thanks

Matahari24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,046 Posts

[Post New]by Matahari24 on May 16, 13 6:14 PM
joylight57 wrote:HI - I've had several scenes that after I used my energy & played the scene & Found ALL the items, it won't move on & I have to quit the scene & not getting credit for it or any items. What's up w/ that???

Thanks

Some other fishies have encountered the same issue.
You should contact the tech support team. They are very helpful.
I hope your problem will be solved soon!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 17, 13 4:07 AM
Hi joylight57,

As per Matahari24's excellent suggestion, I would recommend getting in touch with Tech Support about this, as this will allow them to investigate what is going on and take measures to help prevent this type of thing.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Games4good
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Games4good on May 18, 13 7:04 AM
I just saved up 30 diamonds and clicked to redeem for a lunchbox. The button froze for a second and then afterwards the diamonds were all gone, but it gave me no energy or additional max energy. So.. the lunchboxes don't work and I lost all of my diamonds? This gives me no incentive to keep playing a buggy game or even buy diamonds.

Matahari24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,046 Posts

[Post New]by Matahari24 on May 18, 13 8:38 AM
Games4good wrote:I just saved up 30 diamonds and clicked to redeem for a lunchbox. The button froze for a second and then afterwards the diamonds were all gone, but it gave me no energy or additional max energy. So.. the lunchboxes don't work and I lost all of my diamonds? This gives me no incentive to keep playing a buggy game or even buy diamonds.

I m sorry about the freezing situation...
Check this: the Lunch box should have gone to your inventory, under the "food" tab. You should use it from there, It does not automatically adds to your energy tank.
And: Lunch box only adds 40 energy units to your energy tank and enlarges it by 5 units.
The honey pot fills it all up.
Hope this helps.

Edited on 05/18/2013 at 8:38:48 AM PST

RachB
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by RachB on May 18, 13 7:14 PM
I was hoping that you had fixed the bug that happens on occasion where you have found all objects, yet it doesn't act like you did. It happened to me again this evening and I noticed that I was collecting the "reward" for finding one item when I apparently clicked on the exact place to record my "finding" it as a hidden object. Please fix this, I HATE wasting turns.

Go to: