dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

Re:Empress of the Deep 3: Legacy of the Phoenix Collector's Edition

[Post New]by dueler on Apr 11, 13 5:26 AM
Me too janeypat, tried to download this trial game at 9:00 GMT this morning, got to 28% and then wanted to crawl along, so waited till 12:45 GMT this afternoon, whizzed along till it got to 58% and then done the same again.
I dont believe a lot what BFG says, that the servers have to "wake up for it" and the more the gamers try to download it it will then run better, what a load of bull they give us!.
So i waited nearly four hours in between the downloads and it aint got no better, i think they should have something in place for the different time zones to compensate but i dont think they know how.
But thats BFG for you, its always your computer,graphics card,configuration,zone or weather (well i thought they might throw that in lol) NEVER there system/ problem.
I thought BFG tested these games before they put them out to the gamers but evedently not.
Getting to the stage now with so many of these games not downloading properly, might think of moving onto another games site.
Cant put up with it much longer.

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Apr 11, 13 5:34 AM
I also loved the first one but still have not finished the second one for the same reasons. I so hope they do this new one the way they did the first one.But, boy the download is slower then ever for some reason.

rara3462
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by rara3462 on Apr 11, 13 5:48 AM
rosiekb wrote:I have been downloading this since 8am, it is now 1.23pm and I'm only 50% downloaded. Whats going on?

Hi all
I paused download, then rebooted my pc and went back to bed (as its my day off). Here I am at 13.45 and at 72% download. Got to go out now so may be able to play by midnight. (ps did not sleep till then)

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Apr 11, 13 5:54 AM
I wasn't interested in this game at all. I played for 15 minutes and quit from lack of interest. Sorry BF. I'll go play a game I already own. As for slow DLs, I do not believe BF has anything to do with that, it's your machine or your providers fault. I have NEVER had a slow DL through BF in years.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 11, 13 6:19 AM
cbtx wrote:
DragonLadyOz wrote:
edmee1947 wrote:the worst of the 3 games!for me it is finished!i have finished the main game in 2hours and a half!and the bonus is just to open doors to be able to play a board game!not worth the CE price,and graphics are grainy on wide screen!the last one for me!

Hm seems to be a timing problem here.
Your post logged at 2:24 am which does not give you 2 1/2 hours of game play ..... much less allowing for supersonicspeed DL.
Did you initially trial this from the dev's site? I have noted on a number of occasions that my previous "trial" from these devs was picked up when I DL'd the game from BFG.

edmee1947, thanks very much for the heads up regarding the time of the game. And, BTW, don't worry about explaining yourself to anyone policing your comments.
I think that DLO, IMHO was making a valid point. I have "known" edmee1947 for some time in the games forums. If she did buy from the Dev's and it only took her 2 and 1/2 hours, then it will take me about 5 I play a very slow game in comparison. Edmee, is a trusted reporter of games. BUT if edmee bought it from BF then the length is even shorter. LOL! Thank you for the input edmee.

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Apr 11, 13 6:29 AM
rosiekb wrote:I have been downloading this since 8am, it is now 1.23pm and I'm only 50% downloaded. Whats going on?

i`m in the same boat , started download at half 8 this morning, been to work and its now half 2, still only on 65% what the !!!!!!!!!!! is going on peeps ????? not happy

[Post New]by Pointclick on Apr 11, 13 6:37 AM
Still downloading from 8.30 am GMT now at 81%.
Installed 16.07pm

Edited on 04/11/2013 at 8:08:02 AM PST

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Apr 11, 13 6:43 AM
I lasted 15 minutes. That was all I could take. Deleted. Those 15 minutes were an utter drag for me. So many cut scenes and so much dialog...which is something that drives me bonkers!!!!
I found the game mechanics a bit odd and the HOG scene I encountered so washed out.
Absolutely NO fun for me.
Loved the first one, the second one was not for me and this one tops the cake.

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Apr 11, 13 6:43 AM
Well worth the wait! I think my slow download today was due to Norton doing a full system scan because once it finished the game download sped up and finished quickly. Excellent job on this one Devs thank you for a beautiful game and you too Big Fish for bringing it to us. The story is just as compelling as the first one was and the graphics are perfect. Hope everyone at least gives it a try I think you will be glad you did.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 11, 13 6:54 AM
prchalpn wrote:
Rebeca_Lily wrote:
If, for instance you are in area A and want direction how to move to area B, - as there is not map to transport you, and no arrows - when you pass more than 3 areas, you easily forget where is that "d$#@%n" area you have been a minute before. The hint continues to saying the same words, like a parrot, and my blood pressure climbs to 250... .

LOL!!! I'm laughing so hard I'm crying

Aristotle said: "The suffer of one is the happiness for another". Glad I made you laugh!

...Or have you been in the same situation more than once?...

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Apr 11, 13 7:22 AM
Guess I'm lucky as my download took less than 10 minutes. (just for the demo)

It did open in wide screen or full screen or whatever it is, anyway the game fills my 17 inch screen.

As far as the game goes, I was not too impressed. I didn't find it to be exciting enough and there was nothing that drew me in to make me want to continue playing.

I remember back in the day, that CE's used to be something special to look forward to, but it seems, more often than not lately, that that is no longer the case

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Apr 11, 13 7:34 AM
Just now getting ready to play the demo, and am looking forward to it as I really liked the two previous ones.

It is quite strange, but my download took approximately 15 minutes as opposed to much much longer downloads in the recent past - sometimes a couple of hours. I don't know, but my computer is set to automatically download updates without my prompting, but last night when I signed off-line I had a note "Please do not turn off power or computer...doing 1 of 7 updates"...so it may be that my automatic updates don't really update everything and once the computer updated itself the download was much faster....or my computer is haunted!

Off now to play the demo!

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Apr 11, 13 7:45 AM
hannah57 wrote:As for slow DLs, I do not believe BF has anything to do with that, it's your machine or your providers fault. I have NEVER had a slow DL through BF in years.

Actually it's neither my PC nor my ISP that causes this problem. If it was either one of those, it makes sense to assume that any download from anywhere would be slow. But if downloads from other sites run normally and only this site is slow, there is nowhere else to look for the cause.

BFG are well aware of this issue; I have reported it more than once to CS. Their examination of my PC/ISP revealed no problems. And since it is intermittent, it is no doubt hard to trace whether it's a particular server. I've had downloads take 3 or 4 hours, yet this demo took 5 minutes (which also confirms that at the very least it isn't my PC). There is no question that it is the site causing the slow downloads, not any individual's PC/ISP.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Apr 11, 13 8:54 AM
shadowfax44 wrote: 7 hours download for the demo Tilly? I agree, that is unacceptable.

It took me about 6 hours to download the trial game. Just bought it though as it is well up to the standard of the two previous episodes and the full version is downloading very quickly. Got to 60% in the time it's taken me to type this. I was dreading having to wait another 6 hours. LOL

Janspack.

Edited on 04/11/2013 at 8:55:31 AM PST

Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Sept24 on Apr 11, 13 11:13 AM
I like the atmosphere of the Empress games. They really get me into the zone as far as feeling like I am on some foreign ship or world. Maybe it's the music or something else but to me no other games feel like Empress. But........not being a fan of hidden object scenes in the first place I really hate it that theirs are harder to find items in than usual. Also think the map and hint system leaves a lot to be desired and can be just too dang frustrating navigating around. I still want to play the game tho so I guess I can see which feelings won. Don't think I will buy the CE, but will buy the SE when it comes out. Especially after others have informed us how not worth it the CE is. Thanks for that. I don't like M3 anyway if that is the bonus, not missing anything by waiting.

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Apr 11, 13 2:12 PM

Well I read all the reviews and thought I'd see for myself - sadly I have to agree with
Rebeca_Lily and a number of others that it's all style and no substance. I completed the demo and found myself grinding my teeth over the slowness and dullness.

Good points:
-- Mac-friendly - can be played with no effort
-- nice graphics

Not-so-good points:
-- way, way too much talking and telling and not enough showing
-- slow, slow story, and that's all it is, just story - good for a child who likes the storytelling but isn't able to do many puzzles yet
-- too many cutscenes and voiceovers, and no option to skip some of it
-- not enough puzzles (during the demo anyway) and those I did were ridiculously easy
-- too much talking and not enough doing - constant frustration involved in seeing for myself what to do next and having to wait for the instructions to finish telling me what I could see already - arggh.
-- endless, dull Jacob

Not a buy for me, not even the SE.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Apr 11, 13 3:03 PM
37 minutes to download the whole game and I'm not on terribly fast internet.

I bought it sight unseen since I really enjoyed the first two. The artwork alone is stunning.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Apr 11, 13 5:37 PM
I am not a fan of this series. But I tried the demo and I think it is better than the first 2. I will wait for the next CE sale before I buy.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Apr 11, 13 9:36 PM
I'm a little ehhh about this game. It's very pretty. I like the music and sounds. But it's just not fun. I played some of the demo and the whole time I was like, "Wow, pretty!" but I wasn't actually enjoying playing the game.

Go to: