snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

Re:EOTD from Silverback back to say hello.

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Apr 14, 13 4:58 AM
Zem isn't the bonus game, it's the bonus you get after completing the bonus game... if that makes sense. I keep seeing people say that there's no bonus game besides Zem and that is incorrect.

[Post New]by CathyCatfish on Apr 14, 13 12:30 PM
phatkhat wrote:
[snip...]You guys do some fabulous art, story and music - I wish you would consider making a large file adventure! Or at least a pure adventure, without the HOs. And with really hard puzzles!

I don't much use journals, but keep my own notes, and I don't like maps - I make those, too, if I need one. The transporters are okay, but I'd rather walk, LOL - the old adventure gamer in me. (The one transporter system I loved was the Maglevs in Riven! Those were fun!) [...snip]

yes, yes YES!
i agree.... i would LOVE if this dev did a full-on adventure/puzzle game! and yes, hard puzzles!
i also take my own notes and sometimes even make a map so that i'll remember where certain tasks need to be done. i also LOVE wandering around the countryside and seldom use transporter maps. that's part of the beauty of the game, IMHO... enjoying the graphics as i wander back to the scene where i know i need to use that crowbar i just picked up!

and yes, i've played myst and riven... and just bought syberia and will start that epic journey soon!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 14, 13 10:20 PM
CathyCatfish wrote:
and yes, i've played myst and riven... and just bought syberia and will start that epic journey soon![/color]

Oh have fun, CathyCatfish! I played Siberia a loooong time ago, but loved it! (As well as Myst [indeed the ultimate] and Riven!)

PS Sorry about the thread hijack.....back to your regularly scheduled thread....

Edited on 04/14/2013 at 10:22:05 PM PST

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Apr 16, 13 3:30 PM
Hello again Willie ,

I guess I should of played more than the demo, before posting on it, lesson learned.
OMG...after getting the CE, during the sale for 1.99, and getting further into this gem, it just got better and better, and reminded why I do LOVE the EOTD series so much !!
I just finished the main game, and WOW, what talent you all at Silverback have, this game was absolutely BEAUTIFUL, and it wasn't short, guess I shouldn't listen to others, before finding out for myself, another lesson learned.

I was just BLOWN AWAY by how FUN and entertaining, and simply magical, I found this game play to be , it did remind me also of Myst, that I just LOVED, no other game even came close to Myst, until this series...THANK YOU SO MUCH !
The touch of MAGIC is like no other, I was totally sucked in, going to the different magical relms was pure JOY, and everything tied in perfectly in this game, can't mention, for those who have yet to try this AWESOME adventure.
For me these games are held in a high standard, that no other, can touch, I just simply ENJOYED playing every single second, and was sad to see it end.
LOVED the find hidden details, which was also in REDRUM, another game I totally loved, and have played over several times, please keep this in future games .
AND what an AWESOME ending, my heart was melting...LOVED IT, so well done IMHO .
As far as I am concerned, Willie, you and the team ROCK, there was a ton of hard work, that went into making this gem, its obvious if you play the game, it blew me away, and I had so much fun playing it ..can't wait to see what you all come up with next, so please hurry

I was truely transported to another world, from which I never wanted to leave, now that is when you no a game ROCKS ..Kudo's to you all .

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on May 5, 13 11:01 AM
Thank you Willie for a great game. You can't please everybody every time, and it is usually people who have problems (my self included) who write. Just thought I would complement a game with no problems. Chasing down the cats brought back memories. Only one cat but she seemed like twenty.

[Post New]by sheilamilo on May 13, 13 5:19 PM
Beautiful graphics, but I too DO NOT LIKE the white flashes. This has come up often - please avoid having them! They hurt me!

Go to: