Re:Gardens Inc.: From Rakes to Riches Technical Issues

[Post New]by hisstah on Jul 5, 13 6:33 PM
I just bought this game about two weeks ago and am regretting it. The money I earn to repair the house does not add up at all and I can't do any of the renovations required. Also, in one of the later games, one of the brothers gets stuck on an island with a statue. I see others have complained about it and I don't see that anything is being done. I'd like my money back.

[Post New]by Manderzrules on Jul 14, 13 11:31 AM
I love this game, but after playing each level for a short time the game becomes extremely slow and jerky. This is ridiculous. Is there going to be a fix for this???

[Post New]by krnjane on Aug 6, 13 10:39 PM
Same problem as everyone else. U R limited as to getting money, I'm left with moving everything around ./ I've played the same chapter over & over again using different stragegs & u cannot go on til time permits & there is still no moving on. The cost of the villa is OUTRAGEOUS.. A complete WASTE!!!

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Aug 10, 13 8:05 PM
I would like to hear some answers to the previous posts as I'm having the same problems and could use the HELP!!! Thanks...

paramiti
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by paramiti on Aug 21, 13 2:27 AM
I am on level 34...and it is IMPOSSIBLE to pass the level as every time i go to the island to examine the statue..the worker removes the log then he is stuck just plain stuck..and it happens EVERY TIME..so therefore i can NOT progress..why is this game even Available for sale? it should either be Fixed or taken off the BF site altogether...its not my computer doing this ..it is the Game..and 2 other ppl mentioned this Same Exact Issue...i Really wish someone had warned me and i would not have purchased the game...Big FAIL

paramiti
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by paramiti on Aug 21, 13 3:01 AM
Work Around for Level 34..upgrade the bridge Once and send a second worker to Explore the statue...

[Post New]by kmcbrair on Sep 14, 13 8:57 PM
goeash wrote:Sadly the wandering cursor hasn't been fixed.

I wish I had read the tech issues before buying the game, because I won't be able to finish it due to the high memory usage in higher levels. The cursor issue gets so bad, the game is pretty much unplayable. I read through all the complaints about jerkiness, cursor disappearing and jumping around, workers freezing, etc. I've had ALL those issues with this game. It showed up on my "recommended for you." WOW, that's bad business!

ladywho
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by ladywho on Sep 21, 13 1:31 PM
Well I've noticed that on Lv 34 for me the timer goes extremely fast along with the stuck worker, before I can get started my time is mostly over, is it just me or am I so slow, when you spend your money in these hard times just for some home entertainment it's so disappointing. Please, can someone give some new advice.

[Post New]by dolllady10 on Oct 26, 13 7:22 PM
I am having problem with chapter 10 only have 6 wooden boxes for plants 4 on upper level with 2 wooden boxes for trees and two wooden boxes for plants one on eachside of pine tree really would like to play game

jayel48
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by jayel48 on Nov 18, 13 4:56 AM
paramiti wrote:Work Around for Level 34..upgrade the bridge Once and send a second worker to Explore the statue...

That worked, but then I had TWO workers stuck on the island. I was able to finish the level, but not in gold time because I had too much work for the lone worker to do. Sure wish the developers could de-bug this game...I was really enjoying it.

kkreisman
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by kkreisman on Jan 2, 14 12:33 AM
I've played the game through, albeit with a great level of difficulty - not because of the game itself, but because of the glitches still in the game, specifically problems with the slow and jerky curser. Has anyone found a solution to this yet? Other than that, I loved the game, but will not buy the sequel, at least at Big Fish, if the same technical problems occur. I don't know if the "other" game site has the same problems. At least this time I was able to download the game. When it first came out, couldn't even do that. I played the demo at both sites, and the game played beautifully at both through the demo. It's only later in the game that the trouble starts. By the end of the game I just wanted to get through it, there was no enjoyment left whatsoever.

My advice - don't buy this game until you see on this thread that ALL glitches have been fixed.

[Post New]by smb921 on Jan 22, 14 9:21 AM
I'm having a problem on Level 46 - you need both a ghost chaser shack as well as a wild life chaser shack (for the ravens). The ghost chaser shack is there but the wild life chaser shack does not exist on this level - therefore I can't chase away the ravens from the flower beds to plant flowers and thus finish this level.
Please fix this level.

[Post New]by dtchubb on Feb 6, 14 7:52 PM
I played this game all the way through successfully and enjoyed it. Changed player, and started a new game, now level 14 is a problem. Tells me to repair 5 bridges, and only 3 light up to be fixed. Also, wants me to plant and water more flowers than I have the options of planting.

[Post New]by vidproducer on May 16, 14 1:15 PM
I am having all of the same technical problems listed here- slow cursor, glitches, etc. I have tried everything on the tech forum and faq. Is there a fix to make this game run correctly?

[Post New]by mzanthony on Jun 7, 14 8:30 PM
I'm having trouble at level 44. There is not a car there. So there is no starting point. I can't start the game.

Edited on 06/07/2014 at 8:31:03 PM PST

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Aug 21, 14 8:11 AM
Level 34 - my worker keeps freezing when it reaches the eagle island. She is stuck there and will no touch the statue nor leave it. I have played this level multiple times and upgraded everything to no avail. This is a glitch and I can't go beyond this level without that worker completing the statue goal.

The fixes other members have suggested have not worked for me.

Edited on 08/21/2014 at 8:12:40 AM PST

Katsietoo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Katsietoo on Oct 7, 14 1:23 PM
After playing a level, and you only get a silver flower, you have to replay it to get gold, to earn cash. So far, I've gotten 3/4 way through, but I cannot get the gold on the last level.

[Post New]by FlamingJune1967 on Nov 18, 14 9:42 AM
Thanks for the tips. I was able to get through the level 34 by upgrading to 3 workers, upgrading the dock to two boats so that one worker could get stuck on the island while the other two did the rest of the work, The statue on the island adds a fast money power up, so I was finally able to finish in gold time utilizing this bonus. Be sure and update the dock to 2 boats before you send the worker to the statue island, because updating afterward doesn't help (all the workers just ignore your clicks)

[Post New]by shannoncassedy on Jan 20, 15 10:42 AM
longstockinggirl wrote:
BlueStarFish wrote:Chapter 34
I too have problems with level 34 after getting the supposedly bug-fixed update. I never came across this playing through the game on the old version.

The workers don't want to leave the island with the eagle statue, lol.
I tried every combination, having the dock in various upgrades, the truck in various upgrades - nothing helps. The workers simply won't leave.

But it would be better to have someone look at why the workers won't leave the island (for at least some of the players) instead of having to do it like this.

This is my problem, too. Also I experience the jerkiness towards the end of the level - everything is very sluggish and just awkward. I second the motion that someone should investigate these problems. This is otherwise a delightful and challenging game!

Thanks.

ETA: The workaround suggested by BlueStarFish apparently does not work for everyone. This, IMHO, makes it more important for someone to spruce up the game code. I would really love to finish this game!

This is exactly what my problem is as well. I want to finish this game! I am stuck on 34 because my worker won't explore the statue or get back in the boat and come back off the island. Please fix!!!

salad3
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by salad3 on Feb 24, 15 8:31 PM
I have the same issue on level 34 a everyone else, with the worker getting stuck on the eagle island and not investigating the statue. It's impossible to progress with the game. Furthermore, I see this thread and this problem have been going on for two years and it still has not been fixed! Shame on me for not reading about the tech issues before buying the game. Shame on you, Big Fish, for ignoring your loyal customers pleas for a fix and continuing to sell a game you know is flawed.

Go to: