Re:Post any Trade Mania 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by Prune23 on Apr 21, 13 4:19 PM
In the custom game with Windows PC when clicking on the cards button, the screen goes black and you can't see anything to get out of the game. I have to close the window and then restart the game. It did save where the game was at. However the next time I went in, it did it again. I have tried at least 3-4 times and each times it goes black. I was in the San Francisco site. I don't recall it doing this on the Vancouver site. I have been able to select the card just now but then the wheel to spin locked up and I had to get out again. Really takes away from wanting to play this game. Seems the developers have some more work to do on the custom game. They should check their code for the normal game and see what is different since that one seems to work fine.

sewbizzy
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Moscow level: Properties randomly appearing with level 2 buildings

[Post New]by sewbizzy on Apr 21, 13 5:25 PM
jetsetter76 wrote:At the start of a new game, even before a full round will be conducted, properties ahead of any game play will suddenly become "owned" by an opponent. It often includes a level two building on it. It's frustrating having to land on a property on your second or third round of play and have to shell out so much money that you have to claim bankruptcy or mortgage every property you've managed to accumulate. I can only assume that this is a glitch. Please tell me that this is fixable.

This is the way the developers have set up both San Francisco and Moscow for the campaign games. It is not a glitch, so it will not be fixed.

[Post New]by kimberly7777 on Apr 21, 13 10:38 PM
The Custom game settings needs fixed. Far too many issues. Thanks BFG for the 'script' fix, but obviously this is a game issue.

If there's not a fix given, I would like my money back. Once you play the regular campaign the whole point for me is the custom game. With it being a nightmare, it makes this game a waste.

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Apr 22, 13 4:36 AM
When you land on a property, you get a pop up where you can build or trade. The map in the background goes dark as if it was night. When you click End Turn, the pop up closes and the map brightens up again. HOWEVER, if while the pop up is open you accidentally click on the map, your turn ends unexpectedly and all the other players take their turns on the dark map. You have to wait until the end of your next turn for things to brighten up again. In the meantime, it is difficult to see anything. This is certainly a glitch since the turn should not end until the player clicks End Turn. I can see why the glitch wasn't caught in play testing. Only a really clumsy player like me would ever click and completely miss the large pop up. But it has happened to me three times now. The obvious work around is to be careful where you click.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Apr 23, 13 2:06 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm sorry that the custom settings just don't want to work properly.

If you encounter this problem, please get in touch with our dedicated Tech Support Team so they can have a look at everything.

Please keep in mind that the only way for us to contact the developer of a game to get such issues fixed is for you to report it to our Tech Support first. We definitely want our Fishies to enjoy our games so it would be great if you could give us a hand!

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Apr 23, 13 8:45 AM
Whoa. I'm confused. I thought Tech Support was for when Big Fish techies could fix something. In other words, I contact them when it might be my system, when they might be able to help (as when deleting the save file might solve the problem), or when the problem is so great that I want my money back. I thought simply reporting known glitches was what "Post any technical issues here only" threads were for? If you aren't reporting the info in these technical issues threads to the developer, then why do you care whether they are "here only" and why are we wasting our time reporting them here? Lots of glitches fall into the category of things to fix if you are doing a new release anyway, otherwise just fix it in the next game. If you expect me to go through technical support every time I find one of those, you need to pay me.

sewbizzy
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sewbizzy on Apr 23, 13 9:01 AM
Well, since the moderators seem to want us to report these issues. I just sent a report off to tech support.

They will probably spew their coffee laughing at me when they read it for the same reasons cbellcrm mentions...I didn't think these kinds of issues were the things one reported to Tech support, either. But, I have. Now it's up to y'all to let Dekovir know there's issues. We love their Trade Mania games. We want to play them without these silly glitches, that's all.

So cbellcrm, if they need a flood of reports, send yours, too.

Oh yeah - the closest I could figure to send the thing was to put it under technical issues/game crashing ... except the game isn't crashing. You all really don't have a sub-category for 'nit picky glitches'...hence why we didn't figure your tech support wanted to hear about any of this stuff.

Edited to add: Does anyone want to take bets on what I get for a response? I bet it's some nonsense about running in administrator mode (cough cough). Edited a second time to add: YUP! That's what the tech suggested. Heavy sigh.

Edited on 04/24/2013 at 9:01:26 PM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 23, 13 10:07 AM
Hi Fishies,

We definitely use the information posted in the dedicated technical issues threads to get an overview of what might be happening with a game. However, the information posted here can only tell us so much, which is why we encourage players running into problems to contact our Tech Support Team. They can look into the issues further and gather more detailed information about the problem using a Dr. Felix Report and other methods.

Hopefully that helps,

bfgSeine

sewbizzy
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sewbizzy on Apr 23, 13 3:11 PM
I did include the Dr, Felix report, so hopefully that will provide additional data that you can pass on to Dekovir.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 24, 13 3:00 AM
Thanks so much for doing that sewbizzy - we really appreciate your help with this!

Hoping you find another game to enjoy soon!

bfgBaikal

sewbizzy
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sewbizzy on Apr 24, 13 7:53 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:

Hoping you find another game to enjoy soon!

bfgBaikal

Oh I did...the new zombie one. But I still come back to this one almost every day. Problem is I should be sewing not gaming - I have a show on Saturday!

rpglady76
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by rpglady76 on Apr 25, 13 9:00 PM
I'm having the same problem with the custom game % not working correctly, so it must be a glitch in the game. I hope they get it fixed soon. I went ahead and sent in a report for it, although there might not be much the tech team can do about it.

sewbizzy
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sewbizzy on Apr 25, 13 10:04 PM
It's definitely a glitch as the other thing the tech had me try (removing my data and starting over from 'scratch') didn't work either. But, I have to say, BFG has super nice techs...and the one that helped me said he would be sending a report higher up the food chain, so while we shouldn't hold our breath, maybe, just maybe there might be a fix forthcoming.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 26, 13 4:38 AM
Thanks so much for continuing to work with Tech Support on this Fishies!

sewbizzy - now I get the username! Hoping your show goes well!

bfgBaikal

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 26, 13 5:48 AM
Well, it's been 11 days since the game came to BF. One would have thought that by now something would have been done to deal with the 50% problem in the custom games. Are the developers of this game actually aware of this problem?

SimbaKomba
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by SimbaKomba on May 1, 13 10:03 PM
I sent through a tech report with a Dr Felix regarding the custom game % to win glitch approx 2 weeks ago. I have not heard a thing!

This glitch makes it impossible to enjoy a custom game as 50% win is way too low and I never have the time to play a full game in one run!

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 2, 13 2:23 AM
Heya Valdy,

We do definitely forward these problems to the developers to try and get your game fixed. However, sometimes this can take a while until they figure out what exactly is wrong. keeping my fingers crossed for a fix soon!

SimbaKomba - Thanks for sending this on to our Tech Support! This will help them to gather even more information that we can then forward again to make sure the game gets fixed for you!

bfgBiwa

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 2, 13 2:56 AM
Thanks for the info, Biwa. I do hope they can fix it so that the percentage stays where you put it, when exiting the game.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 3, 13 3:35 AM
Hi Fishies!

I'm just popping in with some good news for once!

There is a new build of Trade Mania 2 available so to ensure you have the most recent version, please just uninstall and reinstall the game and you should be all set!

Hope this info is helpful!

bfgBaikal

sewbizzy
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sewbizzy on May 3, 13 7:31 AM
Woo Hoo!

Go to: