yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

Re:Reviews for Secrets of the Dark: Mystery of the Ancestral Estate

[Post New]by yowzasma on Jan 1, 14 7:33 PM

Jurinne & JustTheFacts summed up some good descriptions about this game and I appreciate all reviews both pro & con since we all have different likes and dislikes

I pretty much enjoyed this game and would have enjoyed it very much if only it had a map...I'm one of those people that was not born complete with a built-in-compass and had to do some excess wondering to find where to go and after a lengthy trek around would almost forget what I was supposed to do once I found the place I was looking for

But I do not regret buying this game and am giving it & 1/2 , deducting only for no map when there really was a need for one especially with the light changing scenes.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

Re:Reviews for Secrets of the Dark: Mystery of the Ancestral Estate

[Post New]by roaming on Mar 7, 14 10:33 PM
I pretty much enjoyed this game and would have enjoyed it very much if only it had a map...I'm one of those people that was not born complete with a built-in-compass and had to do some excess wandering to find where to go and after a lengthy trek around would almost forget what I was supposed to do once I found the place I was looking for

This would be a great game if there was a map. I couldn't remember where to go, and lost patience enough to use the hint button.

I also was very frustrated with there being no map. I found all the to-ing and fro-ing frustrating especially as I could not remember what room was where after a while.

Finished the demo in under 40 minutes. I wonder if this is going to be a very short game, since someone else also mentioned it ended sooner than expected.

I have a request of game developers. Please stop using chess boards. Not everyone knows how to play or is able to identify the pieces.

ADDED UPON COMPLETING THE GAME:

I really enjoyed this game. It did not seem too short. But it suffered greatly from the lack of any kind of map.

Edited on 03/08/2014 at 9:57:19 PM PST

Go to: