flipper70
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

Re:New Women's Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey

[Post New]by flipper70 on Mar 12, 09 4:44 PM
I agree with FairyonPegasus. This was a great game!! It did not play through in a hour for ME! I took my time and went slow to enjoy the game thoroughly. The mini games were not always challenging, but gave a break from some of the harder , more involving parts of the story. The graphics are fantastic! The music is awesome! The storyline was very interesting, and kept me going the whole way through until the end. Not every sequel is going to be exactly like the game that came before it. I am glad I bought it and see the replay value in trying to beat my own best score. My girls are both interested in trying the game as well. That said, I think I more than got my money's worth out of this game! Thanks Big Fish!!!

weirdgrrl
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by weirdgrrl on Mar 12, 09 4:53 PM
The dialogue drove me crazy, too... why can't they just let you click once you've finished reading the screen to speed things up? Why are your only choices to sit through the interminably long and slow dialogue or skip it altogether?

Good concept but I definitely won't be buying this game. I bought the first one, which I enjoyed but felt that I was able to finish it too quickly after buying it. So if people are saying this one is even shorter, I'm not wasting my money. Usually the sequels are better, but I guess not this time. (I agree that the new lab game is soooo boring and ridiculously simple; I liked the deduction required in the first game.)

But I just realized why they make the dialogue so horribly slow... otherwise you could finish the whole game during the 1 hour demo!

TinkerOne
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by TinkerOne on Mar 12, 09 6:03 PM
Nothing worse than too much dialog, the games should always h ave a skip button like "Elizabeth Find, M.D.".. After these reviews I bought it rather than Darker Shade of Grey---thanks for the heads up

mintjulelip
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by mintjulelip on Mar 12, 09 6:48 PM
Actually, you can skip the dialogue in this game. The only issue is that you HAVE to skip the ENTIRE scene. In other words, you can't click for each page to speed it up. If you click, it will ask you if you want to skip and it takes you to the very end. Problem is, you miss a lot of the story if you skip everything! Yes, it is VERY slow but it's nice to get the entire story. I wasn't going to buy this game but after reading Fairy's post, I decided to give it a try. I'm still not done with it. I'm taking my time, letting all the scenes play through and I am getting very involved in the story. I can't wait to see how it plays out. So, for $6.99 I think it's worth it. I wouldn't pay $9.99 or $19.99... but for $7 bucks, I'm getting my money's worth. Not to mention, it's SO refreshing to have CLEAR graphics! That combined with the soundtrack & storyline make it an enjoyable game. Not the hardest game in the world, but definitely worth playing.

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Mar 12, 09 9:39 PM
I agree with all the comments. I too played it yesterday for 30 minutes. While I enjoyed the graphics, I found the "talking" overkill. I also didn't not found this game as challenging as the first. Rather easy game. For those who are just into HO games this might be a good one, but for other Fishes, you might not want to spend the money on this one.!

weirdgrrl
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by weirdgrrl on Mar 12, 09 10:27 PM
mintjulelip wrote:Actually, you can skip the dialogue in this game. The only issue is that you HAVE to skip the ENTIRE scene. In other words, you can't click for each page to speed it up. If you click, it will ask you if you want to skip and it takes you to the very end. Problem is, you miss a lot of the story if you skip everything!

Thanks for clarifying my comment about the dialogue. I didn't mean to imply that you couldn't skip it entirely. I just don't like skipping all of the dialogue because I want to know the story. I would, however, like to read it at my speed not at the speed of someone learning to read English for the first time.

Edited on 03/12/2009 at 10:30:14 PM PST

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Mar 13, 09 8:50 AM
The dialogue was a bit slow. Even so, I really enjoyed this game. Even though it wasn't real challenging, it was fun to play, great graphics and good story line. I Don't believe anyone could finish this game in 10 minutes or 30 minutes, not unless you skipped over everything---and then you really did miss the whole story line.

mintjulelip
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by mintjulelip on Mar 13, 09 2:40 PM
I totally agree, Weirdgrrl! The dialogue was SOOOOOO slow but I didn't want to skip ALL of it! I just wanted to speed it up. I think a second grader would have time to read the scenes. Yikes, it was almost painful!

itsgrandma
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

New Women's Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey

[Post New]by itsgrandma on Apr 12, 09 6:10 AM
cinoda wrote:I just couldn't wait until BF released the New Women's Murder Club game, so I bought it for $19.99 from MSN. What a dissapointment!!!! You have to wait forever while the dialogue is going on, and the game itself is so easy it's not even enjoyable. When looking for clues everything is highlighted and the mini puzzles are very easy and simple. Tracing letters, putting together ripped paper.......Maybe I'm just spoiled by Ravenherst and the MCF games. The story and the graphics are very good, the game is just so darn easy. The game is also very short. I would suggest downloading the demo to try out first to see if this game is for you.

Like you I thoroughly enjoyed the first Women's Murder Club game (Death in Scarlett) and was really pleased when I saw a new one was out. What a disappointment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry to say I found it extremely boring. The dialogue scenes are so very slow you almost want to give up. You cannot hurry them on either (by clicking on the screen) because that makes you 'skip' the dialogue all together. Virtually nothing to work out, clues not so much a clue but more of an answer. And the puzzles are so simple that you almost can't be bothered to do them. Very disappointing - particularly after the first game.

[Post New]by waelinh on May 16, 10 5:59 PM
Hi, I finished the game, but because all the dialogue takes so long (and I didn't realize I was at the end of the game) I missed the ending-what happened? =__= I hate it that it only lets you skip the ENTIRE cutscene, instead of let you speed up the dialogue...

[Post New]by bookworm1957 on Dec 28, 10 4:18 PM
What do you do with the cell phone?

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Dec 28, 10 6:24 PM
Hi Bookworm--welcome to the pond!

I haven't played this game in a long, long time. But here is the link for the walkthrough here:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/womens-murder-club-darker-shade-grey-game-walkthrough/

You can copy and paste this in your browser window and it will take you right to it.
Hopefully you'll be able to find your answer there.

Happy gaming!

Go to: