bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Post any Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Apr 21, 13 3:37 AM
Heya Fishies,

Thanks once more to everyone that reported the cursor problem the are experiencing to us already by sending a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report to our dedicated Tech Support Team. Keep them coming so we can make sure to get that fixed for you!

skykris - Welcome to the Pond! It sounds to me like something isn't working properly with your game. To make sure that everything is working as intended it could already help to simply uninstall and reinstall your game as this will ensure that all files are where they belong.

Should you continue to see these problems, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by MorgaineMichele on Apr 21, 13 6:35 AM
I can't find how to scroll down when I'm on certain screens such as the Store and Goals. I can tell there is more below what I'm seeing but there is no scroll or next options to see the rest.

Edited on 04/21/2013 at 6:36:27 AM PST

[Post New]by SallyJane13 on Apr 21, 13 7:23 AM
I put my person at their work place it says they are working at their career. I still get the message to replay the tutorial. This is very annoying.

dosnomads
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by dosnomads on Apr 21, 13 8:42 AM
I have put this game in windowed mode to overcome the cursor problem. However, now I am unable to access any of the game because the cursor will not respond at all.

I want to put the game back to full screen but cannot and have wasted the whole of the 60 minute trial trying to do so. Any advice would be appreciated.

[Post New]by antiserf on Apr 21, 13 8:57 AM
I'm running Windows 7. My mouse jumps in full screen, but I prefer windowed. The graphics are better on a wide monitor. The arrows on the number pad, which can be used to move around the playing field, are not working properly. I suspect I'm locked to the last player I moved, even though it is not circled. Usually the number pad takes me to the right location, not always. However, very often the screen suddenly jumps to a different location.....? Anyone else with this problem?
To scroll in the store,etc., pull up or down on the screen as you would a tablet.

[Post New]by lovelyheart615 on Apr 21, 13 11:36 AM
I also have the cursor problem. Hopefully this will be resolved because I will not play in windowed mode. I also used up my 60 mins.

Lazeedragon
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Lazeedragon on Apr 21, 13 1:13 PM
i am running windows 7 and having the same pointer issue jumping around i went into windowed mode but cannot see the bottom where all the buttons are...
if ur having issues with scrolling the menues i found u just hold the mouse button down and move the screen down or up in the menu u r in...hope that helps
Happy gaming all u fishies ^^

[Post New]by scoonerz on Apr 21, 13 1:22 PM
Same here mouse keeps jumping/jerking around! I would much rather play this game in full screen since it is an option.
Thanks

preserved
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by preserved on Apr 21, 13 2:26 PM
I have the same problem with my mouse however since I use a cordless one I click it off and on and that solves it for a while. I still cannot use the numbers though.

Michou3
Herring
Herring
398 Posts

[Post New]by Michou3 on Apr 21, 13 3:00 PM
MorgaineMichele wrote:I can't find how to scroll down when I'm on certain screens such as the Store and Goals. I can tell there is more below what I'm seeing but there is no scroll or next options to see the rest.

Hello MorgaineMichele,

To scroll down, you have to click anywhere and drag the screen down. I hope this helps!

Hello everyone,

As far as technical difficulties go, I've had two so far:

1: the jerky mouse, like everybody else
2: in the family tree, the pictures of the kids seem to be one space too far off to the right.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 21, 13 4:15 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to see more of you are having trouble with the cursor.

As bfgBiwa said above, it is definitely best to report this problem to our Tech Support Team by sending in a Dr. Felix Report. This will help us figure out what's causing the problem so we can get it addressed as quickly as possible.

You can send those details in through the Contact Us page, or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by goldenpixie1 on Apr 21, 13 4:28 PM
Having the same issue with the erratic cursor in full screen mode. Doesn't happen in windowed mode. Sent in a Dr. Felix report.

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Apr 21, 13 4:39 PM
This is a very minor issue in the scheme of things but the career progress bar doesn't sit properly in it's section. It drops below it. The sections for health, etc. fit just fine (and they all looked right in VF1) so I know the career bit isn't supposed to look the way it does.

I also have a cursor with a little bit of a mind of it's own, though not as bad as others have mentioned.

Edited on 04/21/2013 at 4:40:22 PM PST

Minxiepieces
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by Minxiepieces on Apr 22, 13 7:17 PM
This should have been a fun game but the issues make it virtually unplayable. The cursor is horrible and not worth the effort. The game is so slow in progression that very little happens. Nice that better things happen in the fourth generation - but how is it worth the time and effort now. Enjoyed other Virtual games, but this should have had more revision before release. Sad, because the concept is interesting.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Apr 23, 13 1:31 AM
Heya Fishies,

Thanks to all of you that have already contacted our Tech Support Team, that will definitely help to get things sorted!

OrionsRose - To make sure that everything is being displayed properly, it could sometimes help to make sure that all the software on your computer is up-to-date with the steps that you can find here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by djfinger2002 on Apr 23, 13 12:19 PM
Hi
I have tried to download the free trial but it keeps showing an error. Some kind of read error. I have deleted it and redownloaded it. but it still says the same thing. Any advice??

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 23, 13 3:26 PM
Hi djfinger2002,

I'm sorry you're having trouble trying out this game.

Since you're getting an error during the installation process, first I'd suggest going through the troubleshooting in help article below:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If you try that and the error is still coming up, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can see what else may be going on and work with you directly from there. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Apr 23, 13 4:21 PM
Everything on my computer is completely up-to-date, thank you anyway.

Not sure if this is a technical issue/glitch or just a weird little amusing thing but I bought a second couch for the office (so the growing family would have enough places to sleep) and turned it around so the couches were facing each other. Every time I'd try to get the parents to "make a baby" they went to that new couch and every single time the mom would walk away part-way through and there'd never be a baby. As soon as I could, I repaired another room and moved the couch and the problem was solved. The parents went back to the first couch to procreate and every time they get a baby.

[Post New]by MonkysPaw on Apr 23, 13 4:47 PM
barbiecats2000 wrote:I came here to report the mouse jerking problem but it looks well covered here. I don't have this problem in any other games so I don't think it's me. I hope the devs fix because I prefer playing in full screen but I will try window mode to see if that helps. It's playable, however, annoying.

I was visiting this site to find out if anyone else was having mouse issues like me... looks like YES! I have come to the conclusion anytime the mouse touches the edge of the screen (top, bottom, or side) it pops the arrow back to the center of the screen. Obnoxious! Hope BFG (or LDoW) can somehow figure out why it's doing this and fix it! I will continue to play, just being extra careful to avoid the sides, because i enjoy these games

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 24, 13 1:53 AM
Hi Fishies!

OrionsRose - how strange!

It sounds like the couch placement was a little off so it was not functioning correctly until you moved it. Glad to see that you got it working though!

MonkysPaw - thanks for sharing that info, I will be sure to pass this along!

Thanks,

bfgBaikal

Go to: