suswoods3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Reviews for Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House

[Post New]by suswoods3 on May 14, 13 7:35 PM
I also am somewhat disappointed after waiting eagerly for this game to be released. The items are expensive to buy and my people are slow to earn money so there never seems to be enough coins to buy much.

lpalm
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by lpalm on May 15, 13 11:20 AM
Where the heck do you put the silly socks, if there's a special cabinet for them I can't figure it out.....
I agree with all of these reviews, after years and generations of playing, this isn't very user friendly.
LA

suswoods3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by suswoods3 on May 17, 13 5:29 AM
Ipalm, The socks pile up until you get a washer then they put them in it.

kayette
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
474 Posts

[Post New]by kayette on May 31, 13 8:51 AM
I enjoyed the gradual pace of VF1 so I am not surprised or annoyed that VF2 is the same. At first the mouse jumping around was bothersome but I caught on to how to move it carefully and now it isn't a big deal. I love that you can rearrange furniture and that there is so much more to do to fix up the house. In VF1 I have pretty much come to a standstill waiting for the stupid dragonfly and a 'perfect match' to show up!
It seems that there will be a whole lot more to do in this game while waiting for rare collectibles and circumstances to show up. Overall I like this game better than the original!

FadedLily
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by FadedLily on Jun 7, 13 11:26 AM
kayette wrote:I enjoyed the gradual pace of VF1 so I am not surprised or annoyed that VF2 is the same. At first the mouse jumping around was bothersome but I caught on to how to move it carefully and now it isn't a big deal. I love that you can rearrange furniture and that there is so much more to do to fix up the house. In VF1 I have pretty much come to a standstill waiting for the stupid dragonfly and a 'perfect match' to show up!
It seems that there will be a whole lot more to do in this game while waiting for rare collectibles and circumstances to show up. Overall I like this game better than the original!

I agree completely! It would be nice to have the glitches fixed, and hopefully we will have the fix that LDW created on their own website eventually, but the glitches aren't enough to make me quit playing. You can't go into this game expecting to play for a few days, or a week and then "winning" the game. It's more of an ongoing game you can keep playing for as long as you want. I love the new optionsl, overall a terrific game.

[Post New]by Nativebrave on Jun 25, 13 12:46 PM
When I first started playing the game I also found the same problem with the mouse, but I have found as I have progressed the mouse has started to work as one would expect.Also keep looking at the stores because as promised there are new things to buy as from today

nrfaulk
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by nrfaulk on Jun 30, 13 5:45 PM
I hope that everyone who had complaints about this game (and I'm with you on each one and more) has gone or will go to LDW's website and express your disappointments there. I have the impression that they think most of the complaints are not problems with the game itself but rather with the user/player. From what I've read there, I wouldn't hold my breath for most of our objections to be addressed.

spiritgamer
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by spiritgamer on Jul 4, 13 6:29 AM
Dull, slow and boring game...need I say more?

le01
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by le01 on Jul 4, 13 11:17 AM
Waste of time, space and not least money. The ppl are behaving like they had no family or anything else: they make meals but still feel hungry and raid the fridge, ppl and pets can move laterally, if the ppl do not want to feel "happy" or even better -don't waste your energy; much as I enjoyed the first one, I find this edition lacking in consistency and not least stuff to discover = quest .. once they grow up .. bleh!

jlanger78
Marlin
Marlin
9,474 Posts

[Post New]by jlanger78 on Jul 4, 13 2:18 PM
CandiCane76 wrote:
pamelaann417 wrote:Wow, this is the most disappointing game update I've ever seen. I have played the original virtual families for several years now. I liked the first game and hoped this would be a clever update. This is amazingly bad. The mouse jumps all over the page when you try to look at a specific thing. They should have never released this game before they fixed the frustrating problems. I bought it and have been playing it. It's not worth it. The first game of virtual families is more satisfying. Wasted money!

play it in windowed mode... not full screen and the mouse works fine, but it still annoying just not as frustrating.

I can't play it in windowed mode as I lose the ability to be able to hit the menu buttons. Even after uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I had to mess around with my screen resolution and taskbars just so I could get out of the game!!! Also, as far as I'm aware there is no POINT to the game! It's all waiting around for your peeps to make enough money to upgrade the house. Right now I'm waiting for one of my parents to die just so I can play a bit more. Truly disappointing and a waste of money. The whole game is watching them wishing for a new bedroom. And then finally being able to buy it, then you have to wait while they work a little bit more so that you can buy furniture for it. And seriously, I can't wash the socks until the third generation when I can buy a washer?? That's ridiculous!

my verdict.. don't bother, the game is a POS

FadedLily
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by FadedLily on Jul 29, 13 11:06 PM
nrfaulk wrote:I hope that everyone who had complaints about this game (and I'm with you on each one and more) has gone or will go to LDW's website and express your disappointments there. I have the impression that they think most of the complaints are not problems with the game itself but rather with the user/player. From what I've read there, I wouldn't hold my breath for most of our objections to be addressed.

The problems are not with LDW at this point. The things that are the most annoying about the game, all those frustrating glitches, have been corrected on the version you can buy from LDW directly. The problem seems to be the translation of the game through the big fishe server. My understanding is that big fish has to make the game work with the software they use to let us download the games. It's unfortunate that this is not happening as it should, and I don't know why big fish hasn't been able to use the patch that LDW put together for the game. I'd hope that big fish would have it by now, if they don't they need to be contacting LDW, if they do have it, they need to get their butts in gear and get the tech issues ironed out. I'd really love to be able to play the game hear on big fish, I've been a member for years now, but I couldn't take it any more and bought the game from LDW as the glitches were driving me totally nuts. It's much nicer to play the game as it's supposed to be played, but I'd rather be able to play it on big fish if there was a choice.

halfadime7
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by halfadime7 on Aug 18, 13 7:06 PM
I too, first purchased the game directly from LDW. No problems with cursor jumping around at all, but poor customer service. BFG needs to get the fixes from them. I also bought it from BFG hoping for more customer service. NOT.

Looks like they fixed the problem with all the peeps being sick every time you opened the game, thank you.

Good game overall, as far as I'm concerned. Love the new options for furniture, careers,etc. and the stores. Don't like that you can only arrange certain items in certain positions that don't conform with your room decor.

NOT happy with the choice of furniture items... are we REALLY all that into GOTH!!!!? No matching furniture to make your household match. No end tables for the living room or bedrooms, or lamps.

Why do all the peeps look angry?

Why can't you return items to the store, like in VF1? You have to trash them and lose the coins. That goes double for the pets. Don't buy one unless you want it FOREVER!!! Puppies and kittens don't grow up. You CAN'T put them in the trash or on the curb.

Once you have the trophies for weeds and picking up socks, etc. the best bet is to purchase the maid and gardener. They work each and every time you open the game and you never have to worry about that stuff again. They also find things hidden under furniture, etc.

Once these things get fixed this will be a truly wonderful gaming experience and I hope to see the changes, soon.

TROLLINyou
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by TROLLINyou on Aug 23, 13 10:23 PM
I wish that there was not a limit to how much generations you can get.

TROLLINyou
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by TROLLINyou on Aug 23, 13 10:25 PM
But I still love this game!

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Dec 14, 13 8:23 AM
I love VF1 and I love home decoration games, but this game has numerous problems: technical, design, and gameplay.

Technical issues include the cursor jumping around unless you play in windowed mode (I buy PC games because I want a bigger screen than my iPad), moving around with the numeric keypad doesn’t work (as it did in their earlier games), furniture purchased by one family messes up houses of other families, and some features work at random (sometimes you get a coin sound and message when a peep finishes working, but not always). Peeps walk under the information bar so that you can’t see them.

The game also has design problems. In VF1 the store was well laid out. This is TERRIBLE. Only five items appear on your screen at a time, so endless clicking and scrolling is required. Everything you can buy isn’t even in the Store; some things are found from the Detail screen and others from the Menu. Figuring out what to buy becomes a chore rather than a decision. You can’t rationally decorate in colors of your choosing. For example, if you want a standard adult bed in pink, red, green, brown, orange, or yellow it costs 850, but the identical bed in blue costs 1350. Peeps can’t use the yoga equipment or sit at the dining tables. Whereas in VF1 everything you wanted (collections, goals, details, etc.) was one click away, now you have to go several places and multiple clicks to find the info you want. This isn’t for lack of space on the screen, since the buttons that ARE there are redundant. The Decor button does EXACTLY the same thing as the Decorate button, for example.

Continued in next post.

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Dec 14, 13 8:27 AM
Continuued from previous post.

But the worst problems, from my perspective, are the gameplay issues. Instead of picking up trash and weeding the yard being fun things to do while waiting for the adults to earn money, trash in hidden under furniture where it can’t be seen. People hide under beds or walk under the information bar making them impossible to find and pick up. If I wanted to search for hidden objects, there are plenty of better games out there. So I end up hiring a maid and having nothing to do. In VF1 even when I had nothing to do I enjoyed watching the peeps do interesting things. In VF2 the peeps stare at ME and wander endlessly nagging me to do things like renovate rooms that the game won’t let me do for several generations. They just repeat the same boring actions over and over again. In VF1 I could use rewards to shape behavior. In VF2 scolding actually makes them MORE likely to repeat the action and since the misc. items no longer change every hour and there are fewer of them, candy and fruit are no longer readily available. In VF1 having your kid study meant he made more money as an adult and having your kid play in the workshop meant he would have a workshop career. In VF2 your kid’s income and workplace are apparently random. If I can’t mold the kids behavior, I can’t find items to pick up, I can’t afford to buy any decor, and I can’t stand watching them stare at me and repeatedly do the same tasks, then there is NOTHING to do in this game. I end up playing it like a Free to Play game, just going in every day for about five minutes to give them medicine, fill up the frig, check the store, and exit. There isn’t really a game here to be played.

I don’t recommend this game. In fact, I wouldn’t even dignify it with the term game. It is more a game concept which hasn’t yet been developed and tested. Great concept; lousy execution. If they lost the generation locks on furniture and rooms, released it as Free to Play so I could purchase funds and actually decorate, and fixed the technical issues, it MIGHT be bearable.

[Post New]by VirtuallyPuzzled on Dec 20, 13 5:27 PM
kore21 wrote:peeps are spending far too much time wandering around wishing for a second bathroom, or whatever room. too much pressure to have a child before you can even afford a bed. looking at closed off, trashed rooms gets tiring. original game was better.

-The whole rooms being blocked off adds some challenge to the game, opposed to with the first where every room is/was open and pre-decorated.. And once you open up the room you can decorate it however you want which is awesome!

-If you're building up money and not sitting with the game on pause, you should be too busy purchasing and decorating the rooms to notice! It's a new and interesting concept. Drew my interest. Game isn't much fun if there's no challenge and being able to decorate the rooms gives one more (they can) do, each time getting on. Try looking at the glass half full.

-I have noticed most if not every time you start a new game there is ALWAYS a bed or another 'on sale'... And every game you get a 'Couch' that you can place any place you want that your adoptees can use to sleep/ reproduce.

I LOVE the game myself. The character graphics particularly.

[Post New]by VirtuallyPuzzled on Dec 20, 13 5:32 PM
TROLLINyou wrote:I wish that there was not a limit to how much generations you can get.

Wait, what?! You mean like, after so many generations the game ends and wont let you play that particular game file anymore....?

[Post New]by pamelamccoy on Feb 14, 14 5:16 PM
I just wish there were more things to decorate with, like maybe baby furniture, Christmas and other Holiday decorations, have been playing for a couple of months now, and it gets a whole lot of boring!

[Post New]by blueknight1111 on Mar 27, 14 6:23 PM
VirtuallyPuzzled wrote:
TROLLINyou wrote:I wish that there was not a limit to how much generations you can get.

Wait, what?! You mean like, after so many generations the game ends and wont let you play that particular game file anymore....?

Same thing I was thinking... WHAT?!? There's a limit to the number of generations you can have??? What happens after that...?????

Edited on 03/27/2014 at 6:23:50 PM PST

Go to: