MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death CE technical issues here onl

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Apr 25, 13 2:42 AM
MsFreddie - I can only assume that something is blocking the activation of the game! The thing to do here is to make sure that your protection programs recognize Big Fish applications as safe and the advice in the help article here will help you to make that adjustment.

You are a genius than you bfgBaikal! The problem was my antivirus program and after adjusting it to recognise BF applications it downloaded and installed perfectly. Ready to go play the game now thanks

Is strange though, I had no problem downloading and installing yesterday.

Izziewizz
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death CE technical issues here onl

[Post New]by Izziewizz on Apr 25, 13 3:17 AM
This is a really slow download. Even pausing the dl and restarting it a few minutes later isn't helping.

It's got to be at BF's end because, due to my partner being an IT professional, we have the fastest broadband possible for our area, and the broadband provider's tech is not reporting any problems.

elde
Catfish
Catfish
1,597 Posts

[Post New]by elde on Apr 25, 13 3:59 AM
At the rate this game is downloading I guess I'll be playing it sometime next week.....I do have a high speed internet connection. Actually this is the only site I have trouble downloading something and only recently.....I'll give it another hour, otherwise the bin!!

je_peche
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by je_peche on Apr 25, 13 4:17 AM
2 hours and I'm only at 31%, but just gonna let it DL and look forward to playing it later. For those of you that HAVE completed the DL, does it play smoothly once it's activated? I saw one person had an issue with the cursor...

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Apr 25, 13 4:18 AM
I give up!

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death CE technical issues here on

[Post New]by BearKat on Apr 25, 13 4:32 AM
je_peche wrote:2 hours and I'm only at 31%, but just gonna let it DL and look forward to playing it later. For those of you that HAVE completed the DL, does it play smoothly once it's activated? I saw one person had an issue with the cursor...

I had no problems with my d/l and have been playing the game on and off since a few minutes after it was released!

I have had no Tech Problems of any sort with the cursor or any other part of the game!

I'm sorry so many are having slow d/l problems and I hope someone gets the problem figured out very soon so that this kind of annoyance can stop for everyone!

BK

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death CE technical issues here on

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 25, 13 4:40 AM
Oh MsFreddie I am sooo pleased to see that worked!

Just to let you know, this issue crops up when a game is a packaged in a way that makes it difficult for your protection programs to identify it for what it is, so it is not uncommon to notice this with just one game every now and then

I really hope you enjoy that game now!

And Fishies, we definitely appreciate how frustrating these download issues must be so while I would love to do more, I will have to continue directing you all to our Tech Support Team.

Thank you all for working with us, we sincerely appreciate the chance to investigate this further.

bfgBaikal

Edited on 04/25/2013 at 4:40:53 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Apr 25, 13 4:49 AM
I contact TS and send a Felix rapport. But I don't think they can help me.

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Apr 25, 13 5:28 AM
I so agree with your comments je_peche Big Fish does have the best customer service around. They have always been there for me when I have had problems with a game even if the problem was clearly on my end. It is unfair of us to bash them for everything that goes wrong with a game. My download is going on pretty fast considering it is of considerable size. Can not wait to get into this game as I really liked their other ones in this series. Thanks ERS and Big Fish!

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Apr 25, 13 5:52 AM
It is kind of sad when it takes longer to download a game than to play it.

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Apr 25, 13 5:56 AM
Hespera wrote:The full game downloaded for me in 4.37 minutes. No problem with installation or activation.

Like Hespera, my total download time was in that same time range as well. That is pretty consistant with all of my downloads since 2007.

Windows 7/64
Comcast broadband

sollys
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by sollys on Apr 25, 13 6:02 AM
My game downloading in 13 minutes. I own all of the other games in this series and truly enjoy them all. Dupin is my hero.

frazerpaul
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

DOWNLOAD OR NOT

[Post New]by frazerpaul on Apr 25, 13 6:09 AM
OVER 5 HOURS NOW STILL AT 46% WOW PERHAPS THIS ONE DOES NOT LIKE WINDOWS 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Apr 25, 13 6:13 AM
started download at 8.45 uk its now 2.10 and only 32% i`ve deleted and will give it a miss not for the first time either, running XP

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by tillybaby on Apr 25, 13 6:16 AM
47% and six hours later it's super fast isn't it?
At this rate it's going to be tomorrow and it's only the demo I'm trying to download. Goodness knows if it was the full game. It would only be 20% after six hours

Edited on 04/25/2013 at 6:17:24 AM PST

youngjude
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by youngjude on Apr 25, 13 6:16 AM
with so many people having download problems I don't think it likes any operating system. I have given up and will try again another day hopefully it will have been fixed

seaseaone
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by seaseaone on Apr 25, 13 6:37 AM
Yawn, been trying all morning to download. 4 hours and 50%

[Post New]by antiquity on Apr 25, 13 6:44 AM
I've tried everything mentioned and then some. Here is the message I'm getting:

Error: Access violation @ 0x00000000 (tried to write to 0x00000000), program terminated.

It seems to download fine, I can't open it!

Edited on 04/25/2013 at 6:45:18 AM PST

Tundei
Clownfish
Clownfish
653 Posts

DOWNLOAD OR NOT

[Post New]by Tundei on Apr 25, 13 6:45 AM
frazerpaul wrote:OVER 5 HOURS NOW STILL AT 46% WOW PERHAPS THIS ONE DOES NOT LIKE WINDOWS 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have windows 8 and the dl was only a couple minutes long, played demo without problem although I get application failures messages / usually 11/ in Action Center after playing ERS games.

elde
Catfish
Catfish
1,597 Posts

[Post New]by elde on Apr 25, 13 7:05 AM
In the bin!!

Go to: