Nissiah
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

Re:It’s Always Good to Know!

[Post New]by Nissiah on Apr 26, 13 5:15 PM
for the first time, i have NOT purchased redemption cemetery, even during BFG irresistible Sale offers.

the reason?

scary ghost story, RIGHT?

since WHEN do ghosts demand that the living accomplish tasks for them ?

i have been waiting for YEARS for a realistic ghost story - one where the detective never finds out WHY the house was haunted, is never sure WHO or HOW MANY were in the mansion, and most of all, the detective is NOT the winner or thanked for invading the house, and BARELY makes it out alive.

i could offer better scripts than 90 percent of ALL the different game publishers' plots i have been seeing.

i am sick and tired of the tedious explanations of the reasoning of ghosts/evil men, and am even MORE sick of "defeat the Demon" plots

thanks for listening

p.s. like this game + knight/castle type plots

Edited on 04/26/2013 at 5:24:20 PM PST

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 27, 13 8:56 AM
cbtx wrote:Well, just about 3 hours until this forum is no longer the current game----hmmm----and ERS posts their first and only comment. (which is very similar to their ballyhoo regarding the game on their home page).
No replies, no answers to questions, nothing----just a repeat of what occurred in the Redemption Cemetery forum.
Oh, well, if anyone understands repetition, it's ERS.

Totally agree - I loved the first 3 EAP games, but haven't bought ERS games for ages. Maybe as a DD. But they are so same old - always beautiful though! I thought it was funny that in the achievements I had certificates for help in the previous 4 games, but I didn't bother with the 4th one.

LuckyKK
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyKK on Apr 27, 13 1:04 PM
I didn't have any particular problem with downloading the trial version, and when I clicked on the first pic., I saved it. But after that when I took pics, it seemed to auto. save them. Of course, I didn't get very far, I can't look through the cracked window. I've gotten the screwdriver, but can't go forward. All I can do with forward, is view the door. How am I supposed to look through the cracked window. I see several on the front of the bldg. by the fountain, but that's it. I've used up about 1/2 of my trial time, just going back & forth, trying to get this done. The strategy guide says go forward, but that doesn't work. If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.
EDITED: I tried playing with a new profile, and discovered that I had overlooked the body of the train car, so after getting it and applying it to the door lock, along with the 2 wheels, I gained access to the bldg. It was there where a window was broken as I entered. So all's good.

Edited on 04/27/2013 at 7:09:20 PM PST

It’s Always Good to Know!

[Post New]by CathyCatfish on Apr 27, 13 1:47 PM
ERSGameStudios wrote:It’s Always Good to Know!
Dear fishies , we’d like to talk about Dark Tales 5: The Masque of the Red Death and all the fun stuff that
we’ve added to this game to make it more fun for all of you.
We make games for you, we’re here to listen to you and we want our games to be special, interesting and unique for you so that is why this time and with Dark Tales 5: The Masque of the Red Death, you’d be experiencing a lot of new things.
You will have your own office.
There is a cute little cat waiting there for you.
You can have fun taking pictures with an old fancy camera.
AND then there is that question there for you about justice and it’s quite interesting, how depending on the definition of justice in your book, you’d get to change the ending of the game.
It’s all for you to decide!
Remember that we’ll always be here for you so you’d get to tell us what you like and how you find our games so you’ll always get to have a say in what you would choose to play by the end of the day.
Thus we believe that it’s always good to know more and always LET YOU DECIDE!
Happy gaming fishies!

Cheers,
ERS Game Studios ,

i'm going to start keeping track of how many fishies want harder puzzles and how many like easy puzzles that are so easy they aren't really puzzles!

my big gripe about your games, outside of the silly, childish pets you have now included (way to copy elephant games' little helper elf... and then make a mockery of it!) is the ridiculously easy puzzles.

so, based on what you have stated in your opening (and only!) post, i want HARDER PUZZLES.

the skip option is there for those who don't like hard puzzles, but for some reason, fishies say they don't like to use the skip if the puzzles are too hard for them.
seems to me that the skip option is a good compromise for everyone! those who want hard puzzles, get them... those who don't, can skip them!

i know this is late and you probably aren't even reading here anymore, but i feel better posting it.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Apr 27, 13 6:56 PM
Here, again, is my suggestion for more challenging puzzles:

The CE comes with a Strategy Guide where you can incorporate hints (rather than just giving the solution) for solving puzzles for less experienced puzzlers. If they are really interested in solving puzzles, they will be interested in learning how to solve them, and they will be interested in getting better at solving them. There is also a skip button they can use if they want to move on and not spend time solving the puzzle immediately. But why cater to those who say they like solving puzzles and yet complain if the skip button takes more than 30 seconds to fill?

An outright refusal to make the puzzles more difficult doesn't sound as if there is an interest in changing, and with this decision, an entire group of gamers will be alienated - those who wish their games to be more difficult so they will last longer (and not just with with addition of excess running around, more HOS and ways to dress up or play with cutesy animal friends). For my part, you can keep the jump maps, the journals, the hints, the skips and the help mates and the strategy guide because I don't use them. Just give me a good story, good graphics, great FX and ambiance, good music, no text hints, and great puzzles. I'll take care of the rest!

uschina
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by uschina on Apr 28, 13 9:24 AM
This game had a good story and good graphic but just a little adventure.
Why on earth do we get to choose between categories like adventure, puzzle,
hidden objects, kids games and so on - if in the end ALL WE GET is a HIDDEN OBJECT GAME with all the other categories thrown in.
What bothers me the most are those boring HO list junk piles, even a child
would get bored to death having to do that same thing over and over again.
Please make games in the categories people choose and everyone will be happy!

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Apr 30, 13 2:01 PM
we find this to be a great game, everything in it. keep them coming and make sure they are longer & longer........ ..............thanks----------doug & lisa

Re:Question Regarding Achievements

[Post New]by blueeyedblond on Apr 30, 13 10:19 PM
So I am really loving this game and I have a slight OCD issue where I love to gain all the achievements while I play it one time through. My question is for the achievement of taking pictures of all the places, do I need to take the pictures of the puzzles as well? I know it states every room, every road, every park, and every house, but since the puzzles are located in the house I do not know if I need those pictures to unlock the achievement or not. Just am going crazy (but still enjoy it!).

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on May 1, 13 12:00 PM
Played the game twice just to see the alternate ending. Not a lot of difference, but all in all a great game. Thank ERs

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on May 1, 13 2:18 PM
we love the game, have all of them. . Love the graphics, the storyline, the puzzles, and the HOG scenes. we recopmmend this game to all HOS lovers... we give it a 4 out of 5 what a great game. ----------------------doug & lisa.......................

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on May 3, 13 1:34 AM
I like ERS games but I don't like the instructions for the puzzles. I usually don't have any idea as to what I am supposed to be doing. In fact, that is why I am here instead of playing the game. And I'm stuck at one of the early puzzles - the three statues. I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but I'd like to earn the achievements. All I can do is move the tops of the heads. I've spent twenty minutes moving the tops of the head back and forth, into one skeletal hand, into the bowl, back onto a middle part. I can't move the middle parts. I can't move the bottom parts. I don't think I'm doing it correctly. The SG does not help at all and there is no Reset Button on the puzzle.

I've already started over three times because I accidentally touched the Hint Button during the HOS because it's big and it sticks out into the scene. I'm not the only one; there is a thread about it. Why did you do that?

It's NOT Poe's "The Masque of the Red Death", it has nothing to do with Poe's "The Masque of the Red Death" so why is it called "Edgar Allen Poe's The Masque of the Red Death"?

OK, I admit I am almost in tears because I can't get through the puzzle and have had to start over three times because of an intrusive Hint Button but I do love the kitty and the office and the photos. I also like the achievements.

Now if you REALLY wanted to make me happy you would add morphing objects and better instructions for your puzzles. I just don't "get it" and it's not just this game but all ERS games. Please. Thank you.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on May 3, 13 1:42 AM
Hespera wrote:Here, again, is my suggestion for more challenging puzzles:

The CE comes with a Strategy Guide where you can incorporate hints (rather than just giving the solution) for solving puzzles for less experienced puzzlers. If they are really interested in solving puzzles, they will be interested in learning how to solve them, and they will be interested in getting better at solving them. There is also a skip button they can use if they want to move on and not spend time solving the puzzle immediately. But why cater to those who say they like solving puzzles and yet complain if the skip button takes more than 30 seconds to fill?

Yes! Thank you! I am one of those who finds puzzles difficult. My brain is not wired correctly because of something that happened to it. I do not know how to solve many types of puzzles and I try to figure them out and my brain shuts down and I see that Skip Button and hit it and then that's it. I'm not happy, the SG gives only the solution and I still have no idea how to solve the puzzle in the next game. I know there must be little tricks and sometimes I can figure them out or feel that maybe I'm getting closer but I still can't solve most puzzles. Yes, please explain how. Tell me.

HOS? I've got those covered. No problem, no hints needed. It's just the puzzles.

Edited on 05/03/2013 at 1:44:01 AM PST

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on May 3, 13 6:47 AM
We really enjoyed, taking pictures with an old fancy camera, it was fun!

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on May 3, 13 3:20 PM
This won't be any help to the developers, but I would like to know if the Red Masque would hire out to work in corporations, not just in towns. I know of a few I'd love to see him let loose on.

OK, seriously, not that I think any game is perfect, I have yet to be disappointed with a game from ERS except for one or two very VERY old ones. The Dark Tales (Poe) and Haunted Legends (Chekhov) are particular favorites of mine because I am attached to literature. I realize the games get farther and farther away from the originals, but really, if they didn't - wow, talk about a spoiler! But I don't think there is a series I don't have and enjoy.

Edited on 05/03/2013 at 3:23:16 PM PST

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on May 4, 13 1:51 PM
It is always a pleasure when you show up to chat - thank you! I have most of the games and all of this series so far and have enjoyed them. The vampire and puppet show did not purchase because of all the occult symbolism. I believe like the Dark Tales scary can be achieved without resorting to it. So far I've been pleased that both CE and SE games have an "ending" - I am no longer purchasing games from developers who do not put a proper ending in the game itself. Bonus should only be an extension of the storyline or even a separate game.

Absolutely love the adorable kitten and collecting toys for him/her. Would be good to name and use to help in the game as well. I like the interactive office as well. The scale of justice will be interesting. Bear was a real cutey!

Many items, especially in HOGs are way to small for me to see so if you could enlarge them or even include a magnifier that would be excellent. I didn't use the map but once (to busy playing with the cat) LOL! It would be good if a picture we took could be placed on the map location for identification. I enjoy the camera and only went back to same them once in a while - good to be able to delete as well.

Mini-games - giving a choice of playing them or match or choosing at the beginning of a game if we desire hard, medium, easy or even no skip would be good as well. Naturally keep the skip available.

Thanks again for a wonderful game!

[Post New]by ERSGameStudios on May 7, 13 7:32 AM
BEYOND PRAISING OR COMPLAINING !
YES, beyond praising or complaining there should always be some place left for understanding and realizing one another’s views. That’s exactly why we enjoy reading all of your reviews.
The fact that we do not answer all of them does not mean that we are not interested in each and every single one of them.
Your reviews are your thoughts on our game and your thoughts on our games are our most valuable standards, something to measure up to.
It’s more than obvious that we are making games for you, not just for our dear die- hard fans but for all of you and that is why we care for all of your opinions.
So we are glad that most of you liked the little cute kitty in your own office, along with taking pictures and making your own wall papers.
We also read that you liked the two different optional endings and the voice overs. And yes the way you can lock the inventory does help you to go ahead organizing your tactics better and faster.
That’s what our purpose of being here comes down to and most certainly together we will be making everything better. The truth is that anything can be improved and get better and we all know it’s just a matter of time and understanding.
However getting back to our games, now we can say that with the help of your reviews , we know some of those improvements that you’d like to see in our games.
Some of you did not like the foggy graphics, others found some of the backgrounds in our HOS sort of blurred out. The size of the inventory had bothered one of you and a lot of you thought that the game was loosely based on the actual Poe story.
What we’d like all of you to know is that these concerns will be considered and that is why we are here, for something that is more important to us than praising or complaining.
We are here for understanding YOU and improving our games FOR YOU!
We do listen and love all of you!
Thank you Fishies for all of your posts and honest reviews!
Cheers,
ERS Game Studios,

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on May 7, 13 8:44 AM
Just in case you pop back in.........I have finally finished the game and I enjoyed it for the most part, my only dislikes had to do more with the mechanics than the game itself. Why did you not have a RESET button for all the mini-games? I always try to do the games but if I get messed up part-way through I would like to start over, not end up having to skip because I cannot get myself untangled! The map was okay but not much use, no way to jump or even see if you had a hot spot to visit. I found the graphics good for the most part but sometimes they were a bit dark. Far too many things on the screen at one time, the journal, hint button, inventory are fine but the scales were in the way and the tab for the kitten/trophies was in the way and just plain annoying, why not include it in the journal? The bonus was a decent length but the highlight (for me) was Dupin with half his shirt off - thank you for that! I think this was much better than The Gold Bug but still not as good as The Black Cat; looking forward to seeing what you do with the next one!

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Jun 14, 13 5:17 PM
Hi ERS crew!

I've enjoyed just about everything I've played from you guys, and the Dark Tales in particular - this is one of my favorite game series here at BFG. You make Poe's stories much more palatable for me.

I love the kitty, I love the office, and I hope that both of those appear in the next game. Could we maybe get the option to name the kitty?

I'm excited that you've started giving us collector's editions of the Dark Tales. I'm planning to upgrade to the CE versions of the earlier games as well. I was actually one of your beta testers for "Premature Burial" and it's probably still my favorite in the series, although "Masque" runs a very close second.

I really love Dupin and would love it if somehow we could see more of his interaction with the player character. I admit I'm not sure how that would work, but it would be fun if it could happen somehow. (In my head his friend is female, but I've always been a romantic at heart...try not to laugh at me. )

Can't wait for more from this series! Keep up the great work!

Tassieo
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Tassieo on Jun 28, 13 4:54 AM
I too like these games, especially the sexy Dupin, (not bad for a 65 yr old female, there is still life in this old girl yet!!). Am playing Murder in the Rue Morgue, have also played The Premature Burial, enjoyed it very much. I am playing on IPad, so would like to know how I can get the other games (don't have a computer). Can anyone help, thanks in advance.

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Sep 15, 13 6:18 PM
I loved that you could choose your own ending! However, I wish that the ending could have been different (like, alternate ending in the bonus chapter based on what you picked in the main game).
Loved this game. Played it 4 times and gave it 5/5!

Go to: