nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

Re:Post any Enigma Agency: The Case of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Apr 27, 13 5:58 AM
So, I started again at 12.39 (4.5 hours after it became available), and now, 1 hr 20 mins later, I have downloaded 43%, so we're getting there, but I am losing interest in this game, fast (unlike the download! )

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

Re:Post any Enigma Agency: The Case of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by kinget on Apr 27, 13 6:21 AM
I don't know if this will help in extreme cases, but I always say "Not interested" to all the suggested games on the Games download page, and that speeds up the DL significantly. Must be some streaming of those game images or something else that interferes.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Apr 27, 13 6:25 AM
One hour from starting download to being able to play demo (started DL at about 7:30 A.M. here in N.C. USA). Faster today than most in the past.

Elirana
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Elirana on Apr 27, 13 6:25 AM
Well that did B. all!** How can any download take over half an hour for 2%?
Thursdays game took over 4.5 hrs download for the trial and less than 5 mins for the full game? Go figure!

BF. There is no excuse good enough. Why did you change what was not broken and was very efficient?

An irate Elirana.

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Apr 27, 13 6:26 AM
I also have been having slower downloads since Big Fish went to offering streaming and the other changes they made to their site. But, never as slow as today with only 12% in a hour. I tried all the suggestions our mod for todays game suggested and it did not change anything. It does not appear to be my drivers as thy are up to date and I have the latest graphic card. Hope this is not going to become the norm when I download a game. I know why you made the changes and how competive it is among the different game sites to keep customers coming back and pick up new ones. But, for me I just wish you could go back to the way you did it in the past as it worked so well.

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Apr 27, 13 6:56 AM
It's just timed out again, at 50%, 2.5 hours after I started again - so I'm giving it up as a bad job - plenty of Zombies to help and old games to play.

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Apr 27, 13 6:59 AM
In response to an earlier post from dr felix to avoid D/LING between 8am and 8pm I dont find that acceptable . If Idid that I would never get any games as my laptop is shut down by 7.30pm . Probably not the right place to point this out so I will just say TGT is still not D/L yet another slow one

VJSS
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by VJSS on Apr 27, 13 7:00 AM
I played the demo and it was fine, I bought the game and now it takes one to two minutes to travel from one scene to another.

[Post New]by Vickycutie2 on Apr 27, 13 7:02 AM
During "Trial" download, received an error access code while the game was activating. Had to exit the game manager and when I went back in it said "Trial Expired." So I deleted it. Won't be buying this game.

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on Apr 27, 13 7:11 AM
I agree with Elirana. Big fish had an excellent site UNTILL it ignored the old "if it ain't broke don't fix it" rule.
These slow downloads are just not acceptable to members. What is the benefit of being a member if you can't get the game without hassle.
I have lost the chance to try three games in the last three weeks or so because they are so slow that they time out, and when I re-download and get a trial expired notice.
After many years as a happy customer, I am becoming very disenchanted with BF game site.

Bibliobat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Bibliobat on Apr 27, 13 7:49 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Fishies,

It is worth noting that some games are larger than others and more importantly, that slow downloads can occur if you are among the first in your region to install the game.

The first time a game is installed using a specific server, that server needs to 'setup' the download if you will, which can add some time to the process. Once a game have passed through a server, it will be quicker to download thereafter so download speed should pick up over the course of the day.

We are continuing to look into ways we can improve this experience for you and also, actively looking to address any other issues so your continued co-operation in contacting Support about this with as much info as you can, is very much so appreciated.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

So we in the UK (and, judging by posts, this is mainly a UK problem) have a server with learning difficulties. Is that what you're saying? So the answer is simple, upgrade the expletive deleted thing

Edited on 04/27/2013 at 7:55:57 AM PST

Gungnir
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Gungnir on Apr 27, 13 7:52 AM
Download was fine. I have another problem, can't play the trial because I'm having an access violation after every video. Really annoying.

_misschrissi_
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by _misschrissi_ on Apr 27, 13 8:09 AM
gillydi53 wrote:In response to an earlier post from dr felix to avoid D/LING between 8am and 8pm I dont find that acceptable . If Idid that I would never get any games as my laptop is shut down by 7.30pm . Probably not the right place to point this out so I will just say TGT is still not D/L yet another slow one

I don't think "avoid downloading between 8am and 8pm" is particularly acceptable either. I do appreciate that internet 'traffic' gets busier between these hours, but nowadays technology is surely advanced enough to deal with it? It's like going back to the bad old days of dial-up LOL.

p.s. After 5 hours I am now at 59%. Even worse - this is the demo, so if I actually like the game and buy it I'm going to have to go through the whole download thing again.... feeling very frustrated just now

ETA: Download got to 60% and then I got an installation error. Now I have to start all over again. Beyond infuriating.

Edited on 04/27/2013 at 8:19:26 AM PST

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Apr 27, 13 8:14 AM
Well, my DL went fine, but I can't play the game! The demo played fine, but the game freezes at the opening screen.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Apr 27, 13 8:28 AM
agree with missvicki..download wasnt too bad, took forever to be access..and then before I could play, the timer said I had played the 60 minutes. Hadnt played a second, never saw the game load to play.
Of course the site says I can buy it..I'd love to, but only after giving it a go. So, may I please have my demo time back?
kris

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 27, 13 8:30 AM
nelliegemini wrote:I'm in the UK, using W7, started download at 08.09 (9 minutes after it became available) and now, 2 hours and 10 minutes later, it has downloaded a whole whopping 17% of the trial.

The good news is that I got to play Masque of the Red Death finally at 19.30, (it had timed out sometime during the day) played it for 15 mins and deleted! Tomorrows Game Today is morphing into Todays Game Today, soon, if these downloads don't improve, it might well become YGT.

I'm beginning to give up on TGT too

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Apr 27, 13 8:52 AM
I'm in the UK too and I started DL at 10:25am and now at 4:40pm it's crawled it's way up to 64%... I've never had one take so long

I did a trace on the DL and it goes through 18 servers to get to BF. There's a problem with 2 servers in London, which time out, either because they have a huge amount of traffic or are off line. Once the DL gets past these it speeds through the Netherlands then slows down a bit in the US. It goes through 3 different servers in Seattle!!

The internet is like a motorway system... lots of data using it at the same time equals a traffic jam and all we can do is wait and play I Spy!!

Download times aren't really technical issues, so Mods can't we have a thread devoted to venting about this issue to keep this thread nice and tidy?

[Post New]by RedSox4evr on Apr 27, 13 8:59 AM
what does downloading have to do with the technical issues of the game itself?

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Apr 27, 13 9:13 AM
gillydi53 wrote:In response to an earlier post from dr felix to avoid D/LING between 8am and 8pm I dont find that acceptable . If Idid that I would never get any games as my laptop is shut down by 7.30pm . Probably not the right place to point this out so I will just say TGT is still not D/L yet another slow one

At last managed to download game, and it only took a couple of minutes + 6 attempts and a lot of wasted hours. Now to see if it works OK.
And if BF think we should not download between 8am and 8pm, that means we're only getting half a service so do we get membership for half price????

ebon
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by ebon on Apr 27, 13 9:17 AM
The demo played great. Bought the game and can't play. It freexes at play.

Go to: