MLC60
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

Re:Informal Discussion and Comments for Enigma Agency: The Case of Shadows

[Post New]by MLC60 on Apr 27, 13 1:15 PM
I did enjoy this game, but I wish the devs understood that a lot of people who buy and play these games have slower reflex times. Trying to knock down the robots or whatever while the sections were green just about made me pull out all my hair. I don't like to skip puzzles, but my brain just doesn't work as fast as this computer game does! MLC60

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Apr 27, 13 2:01 PM
This game is addictive ..i have been playing it on and off all day between house chores and OMG this game rocks..it's the game that keeps giving new and different surprises. Really fun and creepy game..even almost wet my pants when i jumped out of my seat in the jungle
my eyes are almost crossed and my hair is getting thin but loving every freaking minute of it and having a blast
Also, it's soo cool that this team has given the journal a worthy use and purpose once again instead of just repeating the scene you just left word for word and nothing more

ogrprincs
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by ogrprincs on Apr 27, 13 11:46 PM
I was waiting for this game to come out. I got to Beta Test it.
It downloaded rather quickly. I think it took less than 5 minutes. I think that the overseas is having a problem due to the Bombing in Boston. Things will work themselves out after a while. I actually have a CS rep that I'm dealing with that is in Ireland and her responses seem to take an extra day to get to me. Perhaps should open a branch in Britain. If they have a lot of customers over in Europe, it may be to their advantage. Sorry, off point here.

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Apr 28, 13 4:59 AM
DeAnna2112 wrote:This game is addictive ..i have been playing it on and off all day between house chores and OMG this game rocks..it's the game that keeps giving new and different surprises. Really fun and creepy game..even almost wet my pants when i jumped out of my seat in the jungle
my eyes are almost crossed and my hair is getting thin but loving every freaking minute of it and having a blast
Also, it's soo cool that this team has given the journal a worthy use and purpose once again instead of just repeating the scene you just left word for word and nothing more

Just finished entire game and bonus play...worth every penny and played perfectly from start to finish without a glitch

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Apr 28, 13 12:50 PM
DeAnna2112 do you mind me asking how long the game took you?

And how long was the bonus chapter compared to the main game?

Just curious.

Thanks!

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Giliraz on Apr 28, 13 4:31 PM
If/when the dev team see it... you must take in consideration that some of the players are slow readers and when there is no voice over (in the bonus game) one cannot follow the convarsation/instruction/comment etc...

Edited on 04/28/2013 at 5:48:15 PM PST

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Apr 29, 13 4:39 AM
SublimeOne wrote:DeAnna2112 do you mind me asking how long the game took you?

And how long was the bonus chapter compared to the main game?

Just curious.

Thanks!

The main game took me almost 8 hrs. I didn't rush through it because i was really enjoying it.... plus i was determined to do so without any help from the WT, hint or skip buttons. The puzzles were tough, as many have noted, but cleverly done which made it fun so it makes you want to figure them out and that added alot of brain burn fun time. The gameplay outside of that was more time consuming then normal because you actually had to think out your areas and inventory which really required you to explore your enviroment in order to think things through..you wasn't just mindlessly map jumping to a color code on a map to a room or porch to run you mouse around in and click on something...boring!!!. As the game went on you really had to utilize your journal as well without it being handed to you to do so or told to do so. So yes, this game took me two days to complete and about a good 8hrs. The main game was a really long game

The bonus play was really short..maybe 40 minutes..but if you really enjoyed the puzzles you can replay those which is something you can get with the CE aside from other things if they interest you like HOS's, Gallery to use for wallpapers or make your own jigsaw puzzles with if you like and music tracks.

Karapapa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Karapapa on Apr 29, 13 1:15 PM
Giliraz wrote:If/when the dev team see it... you must take in consideration that some of the players are slow readers and when there is no voice over (in the bonus game) one cannot follow the convarsation/instruction/comment etc...

Thank you so much for your comment, we need to make "click to continue"es in such
momments like that.

Meridian93.

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Apr 29, 13 10:03 PM
DeAnna2112 - Thanks so much!

That was exactly what I was looking for. Sounds like you play just like I do. I like to figure it all out on my own without hints or walkthroughs or anything.

Too bad about the short bonus chapter, though. That makes me reconsider the CE. Might save myself a bit of cash there.

Thanks again for such a complete and completely wonderful reply!

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Apr 30, 13 7:19 PM
The game was a decent length... I really dont like to purchase a CE and the bonus is so short and didnt add to the game at all. I did enjoy the game and agree with the positive reviews... but that darn bonus was a bummer.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Apr 30, 13 7:20 PM
Slowly working my way through this one and enjoying every moment of it! So far have not had to skip any puzzles (although I came close with the coloured ball one) and I really like the interactive HO scenes. Had a couple of jumpy moments (was not expecting a gorilla) and I think this one will be a good length. One small gripe - why do the developers include the collectibles in the HO scenes? If you miss one there you have no way of going back to get it............I was short two when I moved from the house to the jungle and I have no way to get them now. So far that is my only dislike, this is worth every penny!

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on May 2, 13 10:41 PM
Hi all.

I am playing a little bit each day but I really am not enjoying it at all.

I should be, it has some great unique aspects to it and some not so great features.

Firstly I found the SG kept on opening up whether i wanted it to ar not ( and no I wasn't accidently clicking it) This seems to have ceased since I un installed and re-installed.

As already said by others, press hint for a bit of direction and it leeds you down the path and tucks you into bed !!!

Finally, I have just skipped another puzzle. The one on ? garage door, where you have to stop the electric bolt from touching the sides.

THe SG says it is truly random & it is.

I know this type of puzzle can be done if you get lucky with the placements etc but I have just tried it about 15-20 times and each time it would have been impossible to win ~ So I got bored and gave up.

Getting bored playing a game is not good.

Fair enough i got it in the sale and it filled my punch card up, but for me this one won't be replayed if i ever get to the end of it.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on May 3, 13 10:52 AM
I am semi-enjoying this game. I admit it. I don't always "get" the puzzles the first time I try. That's why I love "reset" buttons, so I can go back to the beginning when I've figured out how things move and what to do with them. However, there are no reset buttons in this game, at least not that I've found so far. Therefore, I had to skip a couple of puzzles that I figured out just a second or two too late and couldn't find my way back to a beginning position. Is it really a hard thing to include "reset?"

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on May 5, 13 5:14 AM
Finally finished the game and I really enjoyed it, except for the scorpions in the HO scenes, think I missed some there. Will play it again at some point and try to get them all! The bonus was on the short side and not really necessary to complete the game, more like an epilogue. One thing bothered me though - I never used the hint for anything but still did not get the trophy for no hints (!).........possibly a glitch? No matter, the game was IMO excellent and will be a re-play for me, those darn scorpions have become a personal challenge!

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on May 8, 13 10:17 AM
"EEEEK" Alert
For those of you extra sensitive to the "S" Words,
and/or Sudden Shocks,
then this may not be your cup of tea....just sayin
kat
=^,,^=

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on May 16, 13 7:12 AM
yes this was a GOOD game..............

banshee10
Clownfish
Clownfish
564 Posts

[Post New]by banshee10 on May 20, 13 8:47 AM
I liked the trial, I purchased the game. But I feel a little cheated - I hate it when they catch me with interesting HOS during the trial period (you know, the use-A-on-B-to-find-C-type which is much more fun and challenging than the standard stuff), just to get back to too well known average boring list HOS.

I might be spoiled. But THIS amount of backtracking without an interactive map?
Another

Some thoughts regarding the BONUS GAME:
The main game itself was ... well, mediocre but entertaining for the first hour, going down the hill more and more. Maybe it's just that I kept losing interest constantly.
I must admit that I started the bonus chapter mainly because I had paid for it (thank heavens it was during the last BOGOF sale a couple of weeks ago) - I just quit after fifteen minutes because they not only recycled their puzzles from the main game but annoyed me with countless HOS instead of making me PLAY, THINK, SOLVE PROBLEMS or whatever.

This is one of those games I wish I could delete from my purchase history.

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Jul 6, 13 7:32 PM
Replying a few months later (just got the Mac version) and have to say after 3 hours of play, I think I've been ripped off. Wish I'd read the reviews and comments before I purchased!

First of all, after the demo hour, the game is no longer completely Mac friendly. One puzzle, pushing the fish away from the hook, is impossible on a Mac track pad, and I had to skip that one, which meant switching from Expert to Advanced mode. Aargh! Please don't produce Mac versions that can't be completely played on a Mac!!

AND after totally enjoying the fun Rube Goldberg-style HO puzzles in the demo, I've discovered there are no more of those - just straight, slightly interactive, dark junkpile HOs. Sigh.

Read the reviews next time, Sprattie! Take your own advice!

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Jul 8, 13 7:32 PM
I've completed the main game and bonus and haven't changed my mind at all - this is a very average game, with a few interesting puzzles and a few others that were next to impossible on a Mac. The bonus game has nothing whatsoever to do with the original story other than recurring characters, and even makes a mockery of the original story (no spoilers here). Silly, unnecessary plot and a waste of money for a CE, even on sale.

Save your money for the SE, and remember that 2 of the puzzles are very difficult to complete on a Mac.

[Post New]by yankeesonlygirl on Jul 9, 13 11:41 AM
I have never seen such a strange ending. It was almost a let down. On top of that it, imho, did not seem to fit with the game.

I am so tired of the bonus games being nothing but hidden object puzzles. It seems like they run out of ideas and just throw things together. There was no thought or energy put into the bonus game. I was really hoping for a better one because the main storyline was good.

Maybe its just me.

Go to: