bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Enigma Agency: The Case of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 17, 13 3:58 AM
Hi eileeny1,

Welcome to the Pond!

If the cursor is not reacting as it should, I would suggest having a look at the following help article which will guide you through updating those elements that run your game, including the cursor:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

This can help the game to run more smoothly and hopefully will make the cursor more responsive.

Another thing you can try is to disable the custom cursor as this has helped Fishies with a similar display issue. I know it may not be easy to access the Options menu to do so but if you can at all, I would try that.

If those steps don't help or you would like us to assist you with this, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to help!

I hope this helps,

bfgBaikal

valharms
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Post any Enigma Agency: The Case of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by valharms on Jun 13, 13 8:53 AM
"[AussieDoug]I had no problem downloading and subsequently running the game UNTIL... Chapter 8 The Dungeon. I placed the sword and shield on the two Treasury gatekeepers, the image of the Treasury Room puzzle lock code appeared, recorded the code in the diary, then the game wouldn't recognize I had the code. Additionally the hint button stop working. I then took Tech advice and uninstalled the game, re-booted the computer, re-downloaded it and still the problem exists.

Most disappointing as I was believing, although little reward was being given for solving puzzles etc to draw the game out, it was a good story, and a fine piece of art work and animation.

I feel totally miffed and can't help wondering how much actual BETA testing was actually done on this TOTAL game as opposed to the many short sample BETAS I have previously played and supplied feedback for."

I'm having EXACTLY the same problem as AussieDoug. I'm in the process of re-installing and reporting this while I wait.. and wait. I'm kind of hoping that with so many issues, the game has been fixed by now >

[Post New]by yankeesonlygirl on Jul 9, 13 11:51 AM
Oh my stars, I have never seen so many bugs in a game.

There were two puzzles that would not work. I had to use the skip button, but I got all the awards for not skipping puzzles.

Then in the hog's I never used the hint button, but I did not get the awards for that.

The game crashed about four times with no warning at all. The screen would flicker in some parts of the game. The mouse would freeze and drag.

Sometimes through the game, the mouse would just move you on its own. I would sit there wondering why I was moving backwards through scenes when all I was doing was trying to pick up an object.

I got through the game alright. Yet having all of these problems of puzzles not working or things dragging it took away the enjoyment of the game.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Jul 13, 13 9:12 PM
I'm getting that "Error" message that a few other reviewers have mentioned. Very disruptive. - your in the middle of doing something in the game and this very annoying message keeps coming up about some sort of stupid error. I haven't benn able to even get through the Demo because of this. At this point, I think I can say, I WILL NOT BUY THIS GAME!

feenix

[Post New]by cidingle on Jul 20, 13 7:51 AM
I was enjoying the game but now I am stuck because the bird to which I am supposed to feed the grain is not there. It's gone, not showing, I think it's a technical issue because I saw in a walkthrough that it's supposed to be still there waiting for me to feed it so I can get the 4th bee.

Any help?

[Post New]by cidingle on Jul 20, 13 7:52 AM
And the hint button isn't working anymore either.

[Post New]by undrgrndgirl on Sep 27, 13 7:52 AM
i completed the standard portion of the game. now the bonus chapter won't open. it says i have to complete the standard game. when i opened the standard portion again, it started from the beginning! i don't want to play through the whole game again to get to the bonus chapter!

also, though not as important, i did not use any hints to finish any of the hidden object scenes. yet i did not get that trophy.

ok, and also, while i'm here...why have trophies for the speed of finding objects in the ho scenes when there are things you have to combine in the scenes? there is almost no way of getting those trophies.

[Post New]by undrgrndgirl on Sep 27, 13 8:07 AM
bfgBiwa wrote:Heya Fishies,

You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

bfgBiwa

there is no green envelope at the top-right of this page! but then again, the "find your game forum" box is on top of some other text.

guppy3
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by guppy3 on Oct 7, 13 7:40 PM
valharms wrote:"[AussieDoug]I had no problem downloading and subsequently running the game UNTIL... Chapter 8 The Dungeon. I placed the sword and shield on the two Treasury gatekeepers, the image of the Treasury Room puzzle lock code appeared, recorded the code in the diary, then the game wouldn't recognize I had the code. Additionally the hint button stop working. I then took Tech advice and uninstalled the game, re-booted the computer, re-downloaded it and still the problem exists.

Most disappointing as I was believing, although little reward was being given for solving puzzles etc to draw the game out, it was a good story, and a fine piece of art work and animation.

I feel totally miffed and can't help wondering how much actual BETA testing was actually done on this TOTAL game as opposed to the many short sample BETAS I have previously played and supplied feedback for."

I'm having EXACTLY the same problem as AussieDoug. I'm in the process of re-installing and reporting this while I wait.. and wait. I'm kind of hoping that with so many issues, the game has been fixed by now >

And so is guppy3.....who is now playing this game for the fourth time and have previously had zero technical issues but low and behold, my situation is identical to AussieDoug and valharms. Really frustrating because I finally had a shot at all the trophies having finally conquered the 10 objects in 10 seconds one!!! Oh well....guess I'll just start again (chapter 8!!!!)

Edited on 10/07/2013 at 7:41:03 PM PST

Go to: