celticwolf55
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

Re:Post any Mysteries of the Undead technical issues here only

[Post New]by celticwolf55 on Apr 30, 13 8:53 AM
dl is just fine, just a few minutes, but then get..."access violation 0x0049F0E5 tried to read from (0x00000040), program terminated"
checked help page, tried uninstall, restart computer, reinstall, still get violation code. all my graphics, Acrobat, Shockwave, etc up to date. Hmmmm, must be my computer, because neither BFG nor the developers are EVER at fault. LOL
Maybe when they get the bugs out I MIGHT reconsider buying, but not right now.

Edited on 04/30/2013 at 8:56:25 AM PST

amamused
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by amamused on Apr 30, 13 9:26 AM
Same issue here in regards to the error message. Checked for driver updates but I'm good to go! No problem with other games, recently, from this site so I did the Dr. Felix thing and sent it on to the techies. In the meantime, I have lots of games to play so I'll just wait and see what happens

Mirinah
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Mirinah on Apr 30, 13 9:42 AM
I received an access violation while playing the tutorial in the first room. Went back into the game, and didn't like that the mouse was not interactive so I had to blindly click on everything. No Sale.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 30, 13 10:14 AM
Hey Fishies,

Thanks for letting us know about that Access Violation message that's showing up! If you haven't already I would first recommend taking a look here for some great tips and tricks on getting rid of that message.

Please also be sure to contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our Reps will be happy to work with you directly to try and figure that out!

Thanks again and I hope this helps!

bfgIzara

Edited on 04/30/2013 at 10:14:22 AM PST

Paige63
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Paige63 on Apr 30, 13 11:08 AM
Mirinah wrote:I received an access violation while playing the tutorial in the first room. Went back into the game, and didn't like that the mouse was not interactive so I had to blindly click on everything. No Sale.

Same thing happened to me but after reading the reviews. not interested in trying to get the game to work!

[Post New]by pendle_witch on Apr 30, 13 11:36 AM
I am also experiencing the black screen and nothing else; ctrl/alt del the only solution. I will go through the motions, again, and contact the Tech Support Team plus send a Dr Felix. Of course the reply will be the same as usual - to run some video card updates; my computer will say that I have the latest updates and we will be at stalemate once again.

Over the last few months I have had so many issues (slow downloads, blue, pink and black screens, games freezing etc.) that I really wonder if it is now time to part company. I will let you all know if any miracles occur.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 30, 13 11:38 AM
Hi Paige63,

I certainly understand not wanting to go through those troubleshooting steps after getting that Access Violation.

However if at anytime you change your mind one of our Reps from Tech Support will gladly help! Just click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left to reach them.

Thanks!

bfgIzara

mcbay111
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by mcbay111 on Apr 30, 13 11:45 AM
I had no problem downloading the trial game but it will not start and I downloaded it twice to make sure that it was not my computer but it seems to be that a lot of us are getting access errors. I really was going to use a credit on this game but not if I cannot play it.

Elirana
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Elirana on Apr 30, 13 11:46 AM
Oh dear! Oh dear! Oh dear! Did you really test this game BF?
Had access violation early and went back in and used system cursor. No more prob with that even when I went back to game cursor. BUT......what's with some black bar discriptions in programming code? AND.....why has my diary gone over to Russian from page 26 onwards?
What on earth on my PC would cause these things to happen?
OK. So I used a PCC as I have 3 sitting idle and BF won't let me use them on gifting a game but I still seem to have wasted one on this game.
Have to be honest. Not a bad game just needs sorting out technically and the language sorting out. Professional Proof Readers maybe?

Elirana

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Apr 30, 13 2:15 PM
yet again BFG you keep fobbing us off with dr felix and tech support - what part of your company will understand that these feeble flash ups by you DO NOT WORK !!!
there must be so many fishies who have left the pond because your game site is so dreadful since you changed your format
STOP TELLING US WHAT TO DO AND SORT OUT YOR SIDE we are all unhappy and your comments about dr felix and tech support do not make me feel confident that you have a result TO YOUR PROBLEM

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 30, 13 2:34 PM
Hi Fishies,

We never like to hear that there are technical issues with a game, especially since games should be fun! Janeypat, because the Moderators here in the Forums aren't set up to do technical troubleshooting with games very well, we always recommend contacting our Tech Support Team if basic troubleshooting steps aren't working. We do this for a couple reasons. First, we hope that our team here can provide you with a solution so you can enjoy the game, and second, it also allows us to look further into the issue and determine if there's a common element to reported problems.

We certainly don't intent to make it seem like we're not paying attention to your concerns, because we are! If a game isn't working right, we want to get it fixed as soon as possible. If you'd rather not get in touch with our Tech Support Team, we certainly understand that as well. We only encourage it so we can explore all possibilities of getting your game working.

I hope we can resolve any issues you're having quickly!

bfgSeine

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Apr 30, 13 4:24 PM
TO BFG SEINE -your answers to us about dr felix and tech support are just doing my head in - i have done that so many times and i think you just send out this message to your customers without any respect at all
I HAVE DONE DR FELIX AND TECH SUPPORT AND HAVE NO SOLUTIONS TO SLOW DOWNLOADS !!!!!!!!!!!?????
YOU were the best gaming site but since you have changed your format you have screwed all other players with your rubbish about download speeds - we have had comments from serious IT people who work with servers and downloads- they know what they are talking about - you need to sort out your servers and download speeds to cater for anyone who wants to play games from your company
my suggestion? -do it soon -as you are going to get gamers leaving and finding new game sites - me for one have another site - download = to big fish games =to 3/7 mins
sorry BFG you had a great game site - but now i think you have lost it and customers
try and sort all this out and stop the tech message for dr felix and tech support - THEY DON'T WORK

[Post New]by 2barbie on Apr 30, 13 6:40 PM
Hi, I purchased this game without trying it first, but now, I cannot install it on my pc, when I click the install button on it doesnt do anything at all, I tried uninstalling it, and reinstalling it, but nothing happens

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Apr 30, 13 7:50 PM
Had no trouble downloading this game, but the curser is slow, and I am not able to pick up the second or third "feather" in the HOS scene so, therefore, I am stuck in a very laborious game that is so slow it is impossible. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY OR TOKENS ON THIS GAME. Too many issues.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 1, 13 1:32 AM
I also tried to d/l the demo but it was very slow. This has happened with many games lately and I have sent in more than one Dr Felix report. CS can't find any problem with my PC or ISP, so I have to conclude it is an issue with the site.

But instead of coming to the tech issues thread and yelling at the moderators for posting about sending in a Dr Felix report, I just wait a day or two; invariably every slow d/l then becomes a fast d/l. The downside to this is that I may miss out on a special offer but l can live with that. The mods can only do so much; if you want someone technical to take notice, send a report to CS. Otherwise try waiting for a day or two and it may well d/l just fine!

As for having a separate thread for slow downloads, we have already been told that all downloading problems should be posted in the technical issues thread. So I'm afraid until this gets sorted out, wading through slow d/l problems will become a fixture in the tech issues thread.

[Post New]by Lostit1 on May 1, 13 1:40 AM
Download all ok. But not able to give bottle of water to John, so cannot move on in the game.

Fiobo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Fiobo on May 1, 13 7:15 AM
I tried to play this game, but got the access violation code. Interestingly though, while the blank screen was running it was taking time from the one hour demo My PC is fine, have no issues at any other times with games, so think this is a problem with the game. Have uninstalled it now.

Eponia
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Diary not in english

[Post New]by Eponia on May 1, 13 7:48 AM
After page 24, the diary is no longer in English. What gives?

I find the game a bit sloppy like this. There are several places where you click and it gives code in the message bar. It's like the game wasn't bug tested much.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 1, 13 9:30 AM
Hi Fishies!

Popping in to help a bit with these issues.

2barbie: Welcome to the Pond! After clicking the 'Install' button just go to your downloads folder on your computer and double click on the installed 'Game Stub'. That should start the download! Just click here for more specific instructions.

admiral1133: Turning the customer cursor off and checking for any video card driver updates can help with those slow cursor issues. Also closing out any other programs running helps to free up needed resources that help the game run!

angelfish106: Thanks so much for your input on those download issues, and for your patience in waiting a day or two!

Fiobo: Please take a look at the Access Violation help article to find some great steps to help get the game running. While it may not be the computer often adjusting a setting or two can help!

Lostit1: Welcome to the Pond! Uninstalling and reinstalling the game may help sort out the needed files to get the bottle of water working. (Just click on the blue text for specific instructions!)

Eponia: How odd about those messages and lack of English later in the game! Thanks for letting us know!

If you're still experiencing any technical issues in the game please contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our Reps will be happy to work with you directly to try and figure that out!

Thanks!

bfgIzara

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on May 1, 13 9:36 AM
I have a register key and the game will not let the cash register take the key. The hint button says to put it on the cash register but it won't go. When I click on the register without the key I get this message : messroom_fin.closeup/02_08_hide. This makes 2 games in the last few days with tech problems. It is frustrating.

Go to: