burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

Re:Reviews for Mysteries of the Undead

[Post New]by burf90 on May 19, 13 8:08 PM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:I just finished it, and I liked it. It is a bit different from the usual offerings, and I liked that I wasn't constantly having to fix something, or prepare something, so the game didn't feel like work It was challenging enough that I had to think about what to do or where to go next, without being head banging against the wall frustrating. And It is quite long, can't give you a time length, but I have been playing it all evening, with short dog and food breaks. Unlike some, I really enjoy a long game that I can get involved in. I enjoy long books for the same reason. Only thing that glitched was the very end. After she said, I" hope so", the screen went gray, and yet there was a skip button in the upper right corner. I waited a bit and nothing happened, so I came out to see if it had happened to anyone else. Nada. So I went back in and this time the screen was black, no skip button, and I had to use task mgr to exit. But all in all, I think it was well worth a pcc, and though it didn't have all the bells and whistles, and extras, I enjoyed it much more than I have many of the CEs lately.

Well, there's two of us that liked it. An interesting plot is what I really look for in these games and this has one. It's even fairly coherent all the way through, without all sorts of plots holes. There are only two things that I found a little annoying.

First, there is no choice of difficulty. I always play the hardest level, so it's irritating to have the game keep sparkling and flashing when I didn't head to where it thought I should go immediately. I also didn't like having it zoom in on the final object in the HOS's, leaving me no chance to look for the item myself. (It turned out that was a blessing in disguise, though, since there was a glitch that sometimes prevented the name of the final object from appearing in my list.)

The second thing I didn't care for was all the translation errors in the HOS's. I'm used to those and they normally don't bother me, but when I have a clue that says "hunter" and the item that works for it is a number "2" it's a little ridiculous.

Other than those two things, though I really enjoyed this game.

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on May 23, 13 10:55 PM
Well, I played the demo and bought the game with a coupon. It wasn't a bad game but the wrong names for the hidden objects about drove me crazy. Telescope for glasses, cup for umbrella, band for belt, etc.............ugh. But since I see where some people have been seeing Russian I guess it's just a bad "translation".

Anyway I am glad I finally finished it and I will now remove it from my computer and promptly forget about it.

JMHO,

Joy

Edited on 05/23/2013 at 10:56:41 PM PST

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on May 26, 13 5:26 AM
Finally had to throw in the towel on this one. After quitting and going back several times, it just failed to keep my attention as well as being a bit frustrating. A lot of HOGs that were dark and clumbsy. Items oddly named like calling a trumpet a "pipe"...good grief. Had to use the hint so many times just to get it over with. Curser didn't respond well and had to click several times to get something to respond. Clues given during the HOS that were not even part of the current HOS which made for confusion..

Had to turn off the sound...got to where I couldn't stand the bleep, bleep, bleep any longer. Game was so drawn out I actually forgot what it was I suppose to be looking for...very dark scenes which made it tiresome to play.

Only good thing was there was a good transporter map. I certainly hope I got this forgettable game on a freebee special of somekind. Only a 1.5 out of 5 for me.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jun 9, 13 2:13 AM
ANOTHER Truly Excellent Pure HO Game

BASED ON FULL HOUR DEMO

Do you like CRYSTAL CLEAR REALISTIC GRAPHICS, a minimum of SOUND effects, background noise and SUBTLE MUSIC, with sliders to allow you to set the levels you want?

Do you want to play an adventure where the GAMEPLAY is STRAIGHTFORWARD and doesn’t involve crazy uses for odd objects, where some doors are unlocked, and NO COMPLEX PUZZLES are keeping you away from your goal?

Do you want to visit HO SCENES with a slight interactive component, but most of all, beautiful EASY-TO-SEE OBJECTS?

This game is for you.

“Mysteries Of The Undead” has a STORY which lets our imagination run free. A mysterious illness has befallen an island in the Pacific (= GREAT LOCATIONS), and people are turning into blood thirsty monsters. Your team is coming to the rescue, but are shipwrecked on the way in. Now you must not only survive, but find your team mates as well.

The game is a bit of a HANDHOLDER (not for the expert crowd), there is an INTERACTIVE JUMP MAP to tell you where to go next. HINT is helpful outside the HO scenes.

The HO scenes are the clincher here, they are SUPERB. They involve a LIST where the total number of items is larger than the panel, so you have to keep checking back. I like that added layer of difficulty. There are a large number of interactive items in each list. The last, inventory, item is highlighted at the end.

My only complaint is the ‘sheathed sword’ needed in an otherwise totally modern environment. There have also been a good variety of locations for the scenes already. My room, the beach, an office, underwater...

There was only ONE PUZZLE, and that was a very easy one, even for me, and skip took literally 15 secs.

There are 10 ARTIFACTS TO COLLECT, and these interact with specially marked places to give you a needed item.

This game is a brilliantly designed game for those HO players who want a class act with some purpose to the action, without the stress and trials of a full HO Puzzle Adventure. There is more to it than other HO games but not complex enough to frustrate.

Excellent choice!

I recommend this game!

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jul 21, 13 7:01 PM
this game could have been so much better. The graphics were good and clear. storyline was interesting but the game fell flat for me. No voices, would have been better with voice. Thank goodness for the map and being able to jump.

I would have been lost with this game if not for the great map and hints of where to go.

I wish I would have waited for sale price or coupon.

Happy gaming

Go to: