LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:Post any Island of Death: Demons and Despair technical issues here only

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 1, 13 5:09 PM
I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and there is still not a MOP in that HOG. It looks like some of the BFG portals that distribute the game sent out the "progression blocker" version to customers.

I would like to have played the game but since BFG and the developer have released the "progression blocker" version intentionally to BFG customers I will not buy it even if there is a new version released at a later date.

[Post New]by mscoachung on May 1, 13 5:50 PM
Ninnasmommy wrote:I have started playing the game...everything was going great then once I get to the cemetery the screen went black! the game restarted just fine but now the hints don't work, and even though I have gone to every location
there is nothing for me to find, no sparkles for hogs nothing.. it's just like the game has stopped working!!

bfgIzara told me
"I would recommend first uninstalling and reinstalling the game, as this can help realign the needed files for the game to play correctly. "

well I did that... even cleaned the registry so all traces of the game were gone from my computer!
reinstalled the game....starting the game from the very beginning and am STILL having the same problem...
sounds like a tec problem that they have yet to acknowledge!

Same for me in the same place as you both times.

[Post New]by frantic1216 on May 1, 13 6:53 PM
Black screen as well. Unfortunately, I did not encounter this problem until I actually bought the game. Will try uninstalling and reinstalling but does anyone seem to notice there seem to be a lot of games lately with a lot of problems!

dlcoyte
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by dlcoyte on May 1, 13 7:42 PM
MOP in Hog - HINT keeps pointing out you click like crazy... Nothing is there... No mop?? not the only one I see.. so so much for the game....

AND... Twice I did an action... cut something etc and got out of game and I had to redo that same action again!!!

[Post New]by aquarius123 on May 2, 13 1:01 AM
I have no black screens in this game, it is very slow though. I also have no mop and it does not save where you got to on the HOS if you leave.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 2, 13 1:27 AM
Heya Fishies,

Sorry to see that some of your are experiencing problems with the game.

For those of you that are getting black screens and flashing cut-scenes as well as the game running slow, it could be worth a try to check that all the software necessary to play the game is up-to-date as outdated software can lead to display and performance problems with the game. You can find some easy steps on how to do that by clicking here.

For that pesky mob, if you have already uninstalled and reinstalled your game and find that it is still missing, please send this on to our Tech Support Team together with your Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report as bfgSeine already mentioned. This way they can look closer into the issue to make sure that you can keep enjoying the game.

You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 05/02/2013 at 1:27:40 AM PST

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on May 2, 13 3:56 AM
Game crashed after I selected to head down the street towards the cafe.

Restarted game and was able to continue.

No time to check if I can proceed further.

For now, this is too buggy for me to consider buying.

Jorie

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 2, 13 10:32 AM
Hey Jorie10,

Really helpful to know that restarting the game helped you to continue on! Sorry that the game crashed in the first place, and if you have any further troubles or issues one of our Reps from Tech Support will be happy to take a closer look!

Thanks and happy gaming!

bfgIzara

dlcoyte
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by dlcoyte on May 2, 13 7:39 PM
I get out of the HOG that I too CANNOT find the MOP because its not there! and when I get out and go back in it makes me do the Whole Hog all over again.. happened another time earlier... its not saving right.. I had to repeat something earlier after going back in???

figures almost bought... Fix and I'll buy

No Mop and saving problems!

[Post New]by sweet4grease on May 3, 13 5:02 AM
Ninnasmommy wrote:I have started playing the game...everything was going great then once I get to the cemetery the screen went black! the game restarted just fine but now the hints don't work, and even though I have gone to every location
there is nothing for me to find, no sparkles for hogs nothing.. it's just like the game has stopped working!!

bfgIzara told me
"I would recommend first uninstalling and reinstalling the game, as this can help realign the needed files for the game to play correctly. "

well I did that... even cleaned the registry so all traces of the game were gone from my computer!
reinstalled the game....starting the game from the very beginning and am STILL having the same problem...
sounds like a tec problem that they have yet to acknowledge!

I have exactly the same problem in exactly the same place. Uninstalled and reinstalled with no change. This IS a tech problem. I have a brand new laptop (less than a month old) with all updates and am playing in Windows 8 with Google Chrome.

TheMagus84
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by TheMagus84 on May 3, 13 5:15 AM
I tried the demo and yeah I had the same issues with the black screen. Even when first loading the game to start playing. It just showed that it was loading and playing the music but wouldn't move on. So I hit the windows button and it backed out of the game, and when I clicked on it to go back in it was working again. I had to do this a few times during cut scenes, loading new scenes. Anything. Pretty annoying. I would really love to get this game. it looked like a lot of fun. Just my kind of game. So I hope they let us know when they put out a bug fix update.
Oh and I have a Windows 8 Toshiba Satellite p855 laptop, I have all recent updates and my other games seem to be working fine right now. I just tried ta few of them to check.

Edited on 05/03/2013 at 5:17:54 AM PST

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 3, 13 11:36 AM
Hey Fishies,

Thanks for letting us know that you're experiencing those black screen issues. If you've already tried some of the recommended steps from this great help article please be sure to write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix. They'll be able to take a closer look and see what may be causing that black screen!

Just click here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

dlcoyte: Feel free to take a look at the following help article for those save issues, but please contact Tech Support so they can work with you to get that resolved!

Game Not Saving

Thanks!

bfgIzara

Petsitterkathy
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by Petsitterkathy on May 3, 13 1:18 PM
I keep getting the black screen when I try to go back 1 sceen. I can hear what sounds like water, but no picture. As far as that "mop" I kept clicking on what looked like a mop to me, but it was a broom I guess. Eventually I clicked on this stick laying on the ground. It sort of looked like a stick with a pc of wood attached to the end, in the shape of a rake.. I had to keep shutting down laptop, how do you do the task master thing to get out of a game ?

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 3, 13 3:00 PM
Hey Petsitterkathy,

I really appreciate you letting us know about those black screen issues, and also what is happening with the mop-like object.

There are a few ways to exit the game but if you hold the Ctrl and Alt and Delete buttons at the same time it should bring up the Task Manager there for you.

However please be sure to get in touch with Tech Support! They'll be able to offer some one-on-one advice and troubleshooting steps to help get the game running properly.

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 4, 13 1:04 AM
Good news Fishies!

A new build that addresses issues, like those with the mop, has been released.

Just uninstall and reinstall the game to ensure you are playing this new version.

You can find out more about this update here!

Finally, so that we can continue to monitor this game for any issues, I will be locking this thread up now but if needed, just swim over to the new tech thread here!

Thank you all for bearing with us on this, it is much appreciated.

bfgBaikal

Edited on 05/04/2013 at 1:04:30 AM PST

Go to: