phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

Re:Post any Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by phatkhat on May 2, 13 8:20 AM
Like Edme, I couldn't run the beta - I tried deleting the game, updating all drivers plus flash and java, and reinstalling. Still wouldn't run. The little Artogon trailer at the beginning ran fine. Once the opening cutscene started, it just got slower, and slower, and slower until it stopped. I had to ctrl/alt/del out. DLing the trial now. Will see if the issues were fixed. I'm running XP SP3, and most games run fine. I have a powerful enough processor and adequate memory.

If all else fails, I'll try running it on the laptop, which has WIN 7...

ETA: The demo ran fine! Whatever glitch there was in the beta was resolved in the final version - at least my glitch. Sorry about the others. (I did send all the documentation in with it - Dr. Felix, etc., so maybe that helped to resolve it.)

Now, as soon as there is another sale...

Edited on 05/03/2013 at 8:44:08 PM PST

Lestat195
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Re:Post any Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Lestat195 on May 2, 13 8:26 AM
Game will not open - again, access violation! This seems to be an ongoing issue with the most recent games.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on May 2, 13 10:12 AM
Mine won't open either..clicked play, error access violation. Sigh..contacting tech support with Dr. Felix.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 2, 13 10:16 AM
Hey Fishies,

Thanks for letting us know about these issues!

bridgemaven: Often checking for any video card driver updates can help with these kind of issues! (Just click on the blue text.)

Lestat195L: There are a few reasons why that Access Violation may be showing up. Since it sounds like it may be happening with a few different games, it's possible that your anti-virus program is accidentally flagging some of the needed game files. I'd take a look at this help article here for some great instructions on that.

phatkhat: Sorry to hear the beta version isn't working! It is the early version of the game so it's possible that a few bugs or two are causing those issues. I'd definitely recommend trying the trial version or full version of the game. If it still isn't opening feel free to try some of the steps from this help article here.

If there are still further issues with the game, or you'd prefer some one-on-one support please contact our Tech Support with a Dr. Felix. They're great and will do everything they can to help!

I hope this is helpful and best of luck!

bfgIzara

Edited on 05/02/2013 at 10:21:40 AM PST

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 2, 13 10:20 AM
Sorry MissAbby didn't see you swim in here!

I really appreciate you reaching out to our Tech Support Team already and if you're interested you're welcome to take a look at the following help article.

Access Violation

Thanks and keeping my fins crossed that this gets sorted out quickly for you!

bfgIzara

VimsenGrr
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by VimsenGrr on May 2, 13 10:55 AM
I am encountering the same issue as at least one other person has already mentioned before me.

The first thing I noticed is how no profiles are saved. It says on the main menu page my profiles name is Vimsen, but when I go to take a closer look at profiles, I can not delete the profile already made (it's simply not in the list).

Second, I can make a new profile with the exact same name, no problem. It does not save profiles properly.

The second thing I noticed, is the game beginning again and again and again. Things you have found reappear at the exact same spot they where found before (even though you already have it in inventory). The wolf is in the exact same spot when you go back to where you came from. The scenes start again and again, the doors are closed again, and, of course, as you have already opened them, you don't have the right item to open
them again.

I have tried to uninstall, re-download and reinstall this game. Upon doing this, it asked me to create a whole new profile all over again (since the game does not save the profile) and I had to start the game all over again. It's the same errors all troughout now as well.

If this was already a problem when the game was in beta, why was this not fixed before release?

Edited on 05/02/2013 at 11:34:09 AM PST

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 2, 13 12:04 PM
Hey there VimsenGrr,

It definitely sounds like the game isn't working or saving properly. While we're limited in the Forums, please contact one of our Reps from Tech Support. They'll work with you directly to see if there are any troubleshooting steps that may help and/or collect the needed information if a fix is needed.

Just click here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Best of luck!

bfgIzara

Edited on 05/02/2013 at 12:04:19 PM PST

[Post New]by madhatter72 on May 2, 13 12:23 PM
Tried to open game and got this message 'Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version File "QtDeclarative4.dll", error 126'

I bought this game, so please tell me what to do. Thanks

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on May 2, 13 12:33 PM
bfgBiwa wrote:Heya CelticCoco,

I'm sorry to hear that your game froze on you like that .

When a game just locks this way it could be a sign that some of the drivers or software on your computer could do with an update. You can easily check that and get everything up-to-date by clicking <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">here</a>.

Thanks, bfgBiwa, but I have a week-old computer running windows 8 with all the latest drivers. Went ahead and tried the game again this morning and went through to the end of the demo. Just one of those things, I guess.

CelticCoco

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 2, 13 1:01 PM
Hi madhatter72,

That error can sometimes occur when a package installer with the game was missed. In some cases, games rely on certain versions of DirectX or other graphics programs and an installer will pop up during the installation. I recommend uninstalling the game, then reinstalling it and looking for any installers that come up during the process. If you accept those, it should get the game working normally. You can view more information about reinstalling the game on our help article here as well:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If that's not helping, our Tech Support Team will be happy to take a closer look at that for you.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

TrainerDi
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by TrainerDi on May 2, 13 2:03 PM
TrainerDi - I got the lamp lit but it didn't go into my inventory so I could not use it in the man's hut in the dark place. Therefore I could not continue the game and my time ran out also. I like the game so please fix the bugs. I will wait to see if you come up with a solution before buying the game.

kjos
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by kjos on May 2, 13 3:12 PM
Lost some of my inventory items and the hint button quit working also. Nothing more I can do in the game. To bad i really liked the game.

hubbasa
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by hubbasa on May 2, 13 3:28 PM
This game has serious bugs and this is only the second time I have had to report a technical issue on any game here.

It is always the same... I start the demo, watch the opening cut scene for a short time and then it crashes my system (just after the carriage crashes). According to the blue screen of death, the crashing driver is for my sound card. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, scoured the web for driver updates and nothing makes a difference.

I am running Win 7 Ultimate (32-bit) on a workstation with dual xeon CPUs, 2 GB memory and a creative labs Audigy 2ZS Platinum Plus sound system. This is the same setup that I use for a professional-level music notation system (Finale).

Since updating this system to Win7 Ultimate, I have not experienced a BSOD crash except for the four I went through today attempting to plan this game.

Needless to say, since I hadn't yet demoed it, I haven't bought it and can just uninstall it again and remain curious as to its value as a game....

I will not be contacting tech support since I don't want to take a lot of time trying to find a workaround for a game. Guess I'll just check back to see if the devs finally do some patches and fixes.

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

Locking Up

[Post New]by lolaluv on May 2, 13 6:04 PM
No problems with download, but first time I started the game it froze at the create profile screen; had to start task manager, it said program not responding. Ended program. Started AGAIN, got through create profile, locked up on choose difficulty. Had to end game same procedure as before. This wouldn't seem to be a driver issue I don't think... PLEASE fix this game soon it looks so fun! Very frustrating. Any ideas on how to fix please let me know (going to try uninstall/reinstall now).

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

Locking Up

[Post New]by lolaluv on May 2, 13 7:40 PM
lolaluv wrote:No problems with download, but first time I started the game it froze at the create profile screen; had to start task manager, it said program not responding. Ended program. Started AGAIN, got through create profile, locked up on choose difficulty. Had to end game same procedure as before. This wouldn't seem to be a driver issue I don't think... PLEASE fix this game soon it looks so fun! Very frustrating. Any ideas on how to fix please let me know (going to try uninstall/reinstall now).

Update: Have updated or tried to update everything on my computer (video, sound, shockwave, directx, flash, java, you get the picture); made all of the adjustments recommended to run in XP compatibility mode; all that only resulted in now getting an access violation instead of the game locking up. Tried adjusting screen resolution as that sometimes helps with AVs - no luck. The prior two Shiver games played with no problems on my setup. Clearly there are a LOT of problems with this game - how can a CE get launched with all these bugs, and when will it be fixed???

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on May 2, 13 9:09 PM
I was playing the game just fine, then wack black out................I had to escape to exit the game cause couldn't do a thing (all black screen)..............BIG FISH WHEN YOUR STARTING TO GET MORE TECH PROBLEMS THEN REVIEWS THEN SOMETHING IS WRONG AT YOUR END.............MAYBE TO MUCH ADVERTIZING TO GET MORE MONEY SHAME ON YOU.....YOU GET OUR MONEY YOU DON'T NEED TO ADD ALL THE REST OF THAT JUNK THAT YOUR DOING LATELY..........AND I'M GETTING FED UP WITH IT'S US NOT YOU...................WE HARDLY HAD ANY COMPLAINTS UNTIL YOU STARTED TO ADD ALL THAT JUNK TO YOU MANAGER............KEEP IT SIMPLE.....................

Pinkbudgie
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Pinkbudgie on May 2, 13 9:13 PM
Have the same problem as hubbasa and the same sound card "Creative Labs Audigy 2ZS". After part way through the intro, I got the blue screen of death and then was told it was my sound driver. I am running Win XP SP3 so that eliminates the operating system for this type of crash. I have played the other two Shiver games without any problems with this computer. One thought is, what did they change in regards to sound over the other two games?

Anyway, a fix for this would be much appreciated as this is my favorite series.

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on May 2, 13 10:29 PM

I sent this message + 2 files to Customer Support,
but wished to place my probs here for other players to view as well.

Shiver: Moonlit Road Coll. Ed.
Game froze ~ Escape wouldn't respond, Alt/Tab/Del then Task Manager was my only out.
As you can see from the screen shot enclosed, I had not been playing long when my game froze up.
No error message to report.
Attached please also find Dr Felix Report run recently.
Thanks and God bless,
kat
=^,,^=

Has frozen-up on me yet again, this is now the 3rd time.
Most Frustrating indeed!

Such a shame, I would have given it a much higher rating
if there had not been so many Glitches.
No disappearing Inventory Items, no Download Drag,
just Freezing-Up multiple times.
Each time I returned to the game, all was well, but I used Two Game Credits
to purchase this and not happy camper about that.
kat
=^,,^=

Edited on 05/04/2013 at 4:50:37 PM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 3, 13 2:29 AM
Hi Fishies,

Firstly, I would like to thank those of you who have contacted us in relation to issues with this game, we really appreciate your help as we continue to monitor and work on this.

Because issues like those described above typically indicate that the game is not running as smoothly as it should, I would encourage those with performance issues to have a look at the following help article which will guide you through updating those elements that run your game:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If a slightly newer driver has been released, that could make all the difference though I would like to assure you that I am not suggesting that the fault lies with your computer but by doing this, we can at least eliminate this as a possible cause.

If the error persists though, or you would like some more direction on this, please contact Tech Support again by clicking on the green to the right of the page. It would be great if you could attach a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report.

I hope this information is helpful and thanks again for your co-operation and feedback on this!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by jonicat on May 3, 13 7:48 AM
Game installed with no problem. As soon as I got to screen to enter player name - cursor blinked once in box and disappeared. Unable to click on box or enter name. It froze. Had to open task manager to close it. Tried several times. Now I've uninstalled.

Go to: