Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Re:Pill and Pin, Limited Hints

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Feb 28, 09 7:46 PM
Bribling, see the bright side of it: when I have hints, I am afraid to click on the objects, because I am punished with decrease of my hints.

So, I have chosen the opposite "strategy": I like to click a lot, lol, so I waste first all my hints, and now I click like mad on each pixel in the screen! I get red zeroes, but who cares?

A weapon against a weapon!

Edited on 02/28/2009 at 7:48:33 PM PST

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Feb 28, 09 7:50 PM
LOL! That's all I can do now. I have had a click fest and still can't advance. I'm pretty much done until I can find those two items and then I will get stuck in the dark in the maze I guess.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Feb 28, 09 8:03 PM
BinLA wrote:Margie, she's referring to the cafe, not the dining cart.

The pin is an old bowling pin on the table on the right.

I didn't have to find the pill in the clock store, but I looked for it. I think it's the red pill on the table, next to the eyedropper. There's also a yellow binder clip nearby. Let me know if that was it.

THANK YOU!

Yes! The bowling pin! I never recognized it as a bowling pin, thought it was a bottle. I have no idea what that red thing is but i have clicked on it so much over the past two days that it should have a hole in it. I have clicked on oodles of round and oblong items and just tried to click on every thing in that scene and still no luck with the PILL.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Feb 28, 09 8:21 PM
Hi Bribling, BinLA is right it is the red pill on the table but you may be clicking on the chestnut that is on the table that is also red, not sure but just my guess. I sent you a PM with a screenshot so you can get a clearer view. Good Luck!

Margie B

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Mar 1, 09 2:53 AM
Thank You Margie!!

That was it! I couldn't see it because i was playing in Windows mode and the edges of the scene were not visible! That's another problem I have discovered. This is the only game I have ever played in a Window and that is because I have so much trouble seeing things that I take a lot of screen shots so I can brighten the images and zoom in. It is easier to minimize a window to do that. I have been using the window since I started having all the problems in this part of the game. I also missed a musical note which was at the edge but saw it in the walkthrough and found it. Yhiws game is becoming so frustrating for me (sigh).

Many Thanks to all wjo tried to help me!
Barbara

golv
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by golv on Mar 1, 09 3:02 AM
Uuumm, how do you do a screen shot?

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Mar 1, 09 9:32 AM
golv wrote:Uuumm, how do you do a screen shot?

I have a PC so all I do is SHIFT/PRINT SCREEN

The PRINT SCREEN button is on the top of your keyboard. Press both buttons at the same time and the image will copy to NOTEPAD. After that, I always open my paint program (Paint Shop Pro, in my case) and paste as a new image. Then I can increase the light and zoom in, etc. You could just view it with NOTEPAD. Be sure to save the image if you want to use it again.

golv
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by golv on Mar 1, 09 12:35 PM
bribling wrote:
golv wrote:Uuumm, how do you do a screen shot?

I have a PC so all I do is SHIFT/PRINT SCREEN.

Thanks so much, good tips. Last night was a "click fest" for me also. No hints left and clicking at every inch of the screen. *L*

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Mar 1, 09 2:15 PM
There is a free version of a program called Gadwin PrintScreen that helps with doing a screen print and makes it MUCH easier because you can set it to let you choose the area of the screen you want in your picture. That way, you don't have to have all the parts of the screen that are extra in your picture. Just Google to find out where to get it.

HTH!

Go to: