VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
528 Posts

Re:walkthrough for Mystery murders the sleeping palace

[Post New]by VTCT on May 9, 13 4:23 PM
I have tried to get the walkthrough but it wants me to dowland something that my computer firewall doesn't want - malware Any Ideas?

Without a walkthrough I will not buy this game period.

Edited on 05/09/2013 at 4:24:10 PM PST

[Post New]by CathyCatfish on May 9, 13 5:12 PM
VTCT wrote:I have tried to get the walkthrough but it wants me to dowland something that my computer firewall doesn't want - malware Any Ideas?

Without a walkthrough I will not buy this game period.

if you tried from the "usual" walkthrough site (orange cube b..d.. game...studios..) it's safe as far as i know. i have not DLd anything from them recently b/c i don't usually use/want a walkthrough anymore, but all i have gotten, when i have DLd walkthroughs from them in the past, is the usual warning about running .exe programs....i get those every time i DL a demo/game from BFG. never had a problem with that site and have not heard of anyone who has...

any other fishies out there have problems with them AFTER a DL from their site? (i'm not talking about the normal .exe warning)

[Post New]by server89 on May 9, 13 6:26 PM
I don't have a walkthrough so I used the hint button .It tells you if there is nothing to do in the area you are in so you know to move on. I have only used it twice and I am enjoying the game not feeling frustrated.

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on May 9, 13 11:50 PM
The unfixed game was a nightmare. I got stuck at the same point most people did and stopped playing. I can't feed the bird, move the stones, get the fountain to run, or find the combo for the safe in the study. The hints are ridiculous and insulting. I'll be reviewing this game when I finish it, but the devs should be drawn and quartered because not only do they employ a random click penalty in the HOS, they had the utmost gall to have a random click penalty if you click too much in any scene, even if it's not a HOS.

One last point, for the person looking for the last ladder rung. The one you missed is probably the same one I had trouble finding. Look in the close up of the ladder scene itself and on the bench to the left of the ladder is a ladder rung. It blends in perfectly with the bench, so you have to look closely.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,032 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on May 10, 13 5:42 AM
You know, given how much advice we've given each other by now, we could probably create a walkthrough of our own.

retroFish
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by retroFish on May 10, 13 11:01 AM
I have started uploading a walkthrough in sections to the forum.

You should find it one the first page of the forum.

It may take a while to get the full game up but I should have it all up soon. This is only one way to play through the game as it is not that linear and can be played through in a variety of ways.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
4,751 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on May 10, 13 11:21 PM
CathyCatfish wrote:joyzebra,
please stop with that same offensive comment!

i'm *not* going to quote it so that when it's removed by the mods, it will not show up at all.

i agree that this game is difficult, but now that the glitch is patched up, this game may be for the more adventurous fishies. i absolutely enjoyed the hour demo, didn't use the hint, and, now that it's fixed, i'm buying it. i love me a good challenging game!

Completely agree. The comment was already removed once by the mods, and they come right back later and repeat it in a different thread. *sigh*

bfgBaikal
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 11, 13 3:09 AM
Hi Fishies!

Just swimming in with a link to the Walkthrough for Sleeping Palace that retroFish kindly posted.

And just to mention that it is totally fine to share directions to other websites to Fishies, but we ask that you refrain from mentioning the specific names or URLs.

For example, saying "Search for Mystery Murders: The Sleeping Palace and you should find it" is no problem at all.

And I hope this walkthrough get those stuck moving again!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by CathyCatfish on May 11, 13 7:15 PM
twinsoniclab wrote:
cbtx wrote:
CathyCatfish wrote:joyzebra,
please stop with that same offensive comment!

i'm *not* going to quote it so that when it's removed by the mods, it will not show up at all.

i agree that this game is difficult, but now that the glitch is patched up, this game may be for the more adventurous fishies. i absolutely enjoyed the hour demo, didn't use the hint, and, now that it's fixed, i'm buying it. i love me a good challenging game!

Completely agree. The comment was already removed once by the mods, and they come right back later and repeat it in a different thread. *sigh*

I PMed a mod, and they must not see it as offensive. Maybe they should look up its origin. It is a racist, stereotype insult. A mod has even posted after the complaints, but it is still there.

if the mods don't consider it an insult (which i *DO* since i am of that ancestry!!) why was it removed the first time and not the second? also, i have seen mods go in and remove part or all of a quote from subsequent posts, but not in the first thread where she made that nasty comment. why not?
i flagged it and still nothing. mods??? i would like an explanation.

i am not happy. i understand that people want/need/use walkthoughs, but there's no reason to be insulting about it.

ed: thank you for finally removing the racist comment. it should NOT have taken three days, but at least it's finally done.

Edited on 05/12/2013 at 3:06:20 PM PST

[Post New]by gm13m4 on May 14, 13 11:44 PM
retrofish:

Thank you, Thank you, thank you for the walkthrough. It was enough to help me get into the conservatory and finish the game! I had just about given up.

[Post New]by naniusic on May 17, 13 12:40 PM
worst game ever,i cant find how to feed the parrot,turn on the fountain or remove the stones,this game is horrible,one of the worst!

[Post New]by Alexa1108 on May 18, 13 9:51 AM
where can i use the razor and the silver shoe. also where i find the cogs?

[Post New]by JeanJeaney on May 19, 13 5:12 AM
There is an updated version available to download. Haven't tried it yet. Maybe that will help to find the find the hand and birdseed and make the fountain work?

[Post New]by JeanJeaney on May 20, 13 6:21 AM
anglesamongus wrote:I realy like this game but I'm stuck With getting the last ladder rung,turning on water and moving the stones. Frustrating. The hint button sucks.

You need a torrent program for this.
http://kat.ph/mystery-murders-2-the-sleeping-palace-final-updated-t7410145.html

Once you've downloaded the part, put it in your Pragram files where you've extracted the former game, than klik rightmouse and select install or whatever it says. (If one doesn't do it, select add to or another )
The game will install on top of the other.

Then you cab find your birdseed at the statue where you've opend the fountain to descend tot the device. Give it to the bird, grab the water device. Go to the fountain, put in the disc (the little round on top) the water will flow and the other one opens.

[Post New]by Calmness on May 26, 13 6:37 AM
This game is frustrating. Have played many of the bfgs, but this one really sucks. Done everything but am unable to remove the last ladder rung from the cue rack.

Do I have to download the torrent or is there any other fix?

[Post New]by Calmness on May 26, 13 8:33 AM
retroFish, thank you for the walk-through. Still having trouble with ladder rungs. In your walk-through you speak about five ladder rungs, but have mentioned about collecting only four (Section 6). Where is the fifth one?

[Post New]by lndbelvin on Jun 18, 13 5:28 PM
Rhysdux wrote:
anglesamongus wrote:I realy like this game but I'm stuck With getting the last ladder rung,turning on water and moving the stones. Frustrating. The hint button sucks.

The last ladder rung is in the game room. If you have a small brass disc with the number eight on it, put it on the door in the back of the drawing room and then play a mini-game of matching pairs. You can find the brass disc in the dining room on the forehead of a skull at the wall. You have to pry it off with a fork.

[Post New]by weirick4 on Aug 13, 13 9:45 AM
I like the walkthrough but for some reason still cannot find all the ladder rungs it says I need. I must be missing one in the walkthrough. Stuck there. Thanks though this is a big help if your stuck.

[Post New]by Harry7532 on Aug 21, 13 10:22 AM
Please help i love the game and followed the walkthrough game however on the walkthrough it says to get the bird seed go to the statue of which i did and no bird seed please advise as this is stopping me finish this great game

[Post New]by 123Confused on Aug 22, 13 2:45 PM
I'm enjoying the game, but I can't get the birdseed. It won't even let me zoom into the statue that holds it. When I try hints it just says "There is nothing to do here at the moment. You should explore elsewhere." But I've read through all the walkthroughs and I know there should be birdfeed on the statue to the left of the entrance to the underground tunnel. It's frustrating not being able to finish the game, any advice?

Go to: