cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

Re:Portal of Evil: Stolen Runes Collector's Edition

[Post New]by cbtx on May 10, 13 11:29 PM
Excellent CE games really do not require morphing objects or colletibles to be considered excellent. But those things sure would help a game like this that, with its substandard graphics, mediocre gameplay, mundane puzzles, and weak CE extras, needs all the help it can get.

Mrs_Kim
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Mrs_Kim on May 11, 13 6:21 AM
This game looks promising although it sounds very much like Da Vinci Code and the name Van Helsing, is not really appropriate but from the demo I really enjoy it and might buy it^^

Edited on 05/11/2013 at 6:23:27 AM PST

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by NiceZombie on May 11, 13 10:50 AM
I just bought this game because I really loved the demo. The graphics are amazing, very pretty scenery, how the trees move in the wind, and the birds. Very detailed and great cutscenes as well. Music is very good too, better than most game soundtracks.
And I've come upon my favorite hidden object scene, the ''put things back into scene'' kind

Great game so far

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on May 11, 13 10:59 AM
I know I'm going to swim against the tide now with what I'm going to say, but this is based on having spent a very leisurely Saturday afternoon playing the whole game, including the bonus in one sitting. Put simply, I expected to hate it based on what I read here and on the review thread (especially since my fave reviewers didn't like it so much).

I surprised myself. Yes, there are no collectibles as such (though, the scrolls are mostly found as part of the overall gameplay, a lot of them are strewn around for you to find - I certainly didn't get all of them). Whilst I love extras like that and morphing objects and all bells and whistles attached, to me it really didn't matter that much. I thought the graphics were nicely done and fitted the mood, the voiceovers a lot better than in a lot of games, the story was good, music I loved and it was a good and long game with very good bonus play.

I don't care for all the gizmos like wallpapers, concept art so I do realise it's a lot to pay for the bonus, but it was a good one. I know some players will say it was properly finished in the CE bonus in terms of Abraham. Yes and no, and it depends how you look at it. In all I spent about 7 hours on the main and bonus and, ok, I wasn't going flat out and did have a few 10 minute breaks, but it was a lot of fun. Puzzles could have been harder, but I wasn't in a particularly cerebral mood today so it suited me just fine.

Edited on 05/11/2013 at 1:05:39 PM PST

[Post New]by vmcbride on May 11, 13 4:32 PM
Can anyone help me with the sleeping potion? I can't get the 'root' to land in the bowl with the mushroom and berries. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and consulted the strategy guide. What am I missing???? Please help!

catzzz666
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by catzzz666 on May 12, 13 9:35 AM
vmcbride wrote:Can anyone help me with the sleeping potion? I can't get the 'root' to land in the bowl with the mushroom and berries. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and consulted the strategy guide. What am I missing???? Please help!

have you put the recipe on the table yet? You can't load the bowl with ingredients until you have. Good luck! :o)

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on May 20, 13 6:15 PM
we really liked the game , we give it 5 stars out of 5 stars , we recommend this game to ALL. no matter what type of game you like, you will like this one.............................

[Post New]by Cchrst1953 on Jun 17, 13 10:07 AM
could someone pls tell me where the 15th scroll is...cant find it and its driving me nutsssssssssssssss lol

[Post New]by Cchrst1953 on Jun 17, 13 12:03 PM
could someone pls tell me where to find the 15th scroll.. all i could find is 14 and its driving me nutssssssssssss lol

Go to: