firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

Re:Post any Portal of Evil: Stolen Runes Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by firekat7 on May 22, 13 7:34 PM
For those of you having trouble getting things into the bowl for the sleeping potion, you have to find the dart and put it on the frog's back first. Once you've put the dart on the table, you can put the rest of the ingredients in the bowl. Hope this helps.

mystine
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

Re:Post any Portal of Evil: Stolen Runes Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by mystine on May 23, 13 6:05 AM
I am feeling very frustrated....I still am stuck at the potion...cannot get the berries and mushroom to go into the bowl.....I know others have had similar issue...I have uninstalled and reinstalled four times now...I chatted with a tech and sent all the dx info...she noted I didnt have a service pack updated...I went through and updated everything...uninstalled and reinstalled and still am stuck!! I can get the root in but not the berries and mushrooms. Why hasnt there been a fix offered for this? others are having similar issues at the same place

Edited on 05/23/2013 at 6:06:47 AM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 23, 13 6:57 AM
Heya mystine,

I can definitely see how that must be frustrating for you after all these steps!

Have you tried the steps that firekat7 posted right above you here in this thread? maybe this will help you to go on!

firekat7 wrote:For those of you having trouble getting things into the bowl for the sleeping potion, you have to find the dart and put it on the frog's back first. Once you've put the dart on the table, you can put the rest of the ingredients in the bowl. Hope this helps.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

mystine
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by mystine on May 23, 13 9:08 AM
Ok after trying everything else to solve the potion issue I finally had to create a new profile and start over and this time I had no problem. I really like this game or it wouldnt have been worth it to start again, but so far everything is good. Anyone else still stuck at mixing the potion this might be your solution. Happy Gaming!

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 23, 13 10:20 AM
That's so wonderful to hear, mystine! Thanks so much for trying out that new profile to help with the potion issue.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the game!

bfgIzara

greekgeek
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by greekgeek on Jun 3, 13 12:37 PM
At the mountain scene, where according to the strategy guide I am supposed to find some branches and snag a whip, there are no branches! This, of course, puts me in a position where I can no longer move forward in the game. Has anyone else experienced this?

greekgeek
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by greekgeek on Jun 4, 13 11:57 AM
One thing I forgot to say in regard to my problem with no branches in the mountain scene is please HELP! :=}

txredhead
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by txredhead on Jun 4, 13 6:38 PM
I too am having the problem that when I exit and close the game thent try to open another game or the same game I get an error message that the game is already running. The only way I can close the game is to reboot my computer. I am running Internet Explorer. I have deleted and re downloaded the game, but same problem. This is very annoying.

greekgeek
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by greekgeek on Jun 5, 13 11:15 AM
I reloaded the game and (after re-executing all steps in the game) the branches appeared. Having been in the computer industry for close to 30 years, this seems an almost impossible anomaly to me. There must be some obscure set of conditions that caused this.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 6, 13 4:48 AM
Hi txredhead,

It sounds like your Game Manager is not functioning as it should.

I have come across something like this before though and generally, uninstalling and reinstalling your Game Manager sorts this out!

If the error persists after doing so though, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 06/06/2013 at 4:49:02 AM PST

[Post New]by mumsy62p on Jul 7, 13 7:20 AM
I was Having the issue with sleeping potion couldnt put ingredients in bowl I clicked the recipe about 10 times fast and now it works hope this helps

LadyReah
Herring
Herring
372 Posts

[Post New]by LadyReah on Aug 27, 13 9:06 PM
mumsy62p wrote:I was Having the issue with sleeping potion couldnt put ingredients in bowl I clicked the recipe about 10 times fast and now it works hope this helps

Thanks Mumsy! Your suggestion worked for me.

Had the berries and mushrooms in the bowl. But I couldn't get the roots to go in and also couldn't get the dart to go onto the table. Did like you suggested and everything started working again. Thank you very much.

LadyReah

[Post New]by Mildredh on Nov 23, 13 8:55 AM
I had problems with this game, it would run okay for a while, then the cursor would float around aimlessly and the gamed slowed down to the point it wasn't playable. I followed someone's suggestion - thank you - and downloaded an updated drive for my video card (NVIDIA GeForce 9400 / 256 Mg) and it solved the problem.

If you have an iMac 3.06 GHz intel core 2 duo and you're having the same probs, give it a shot, maybe it'll help.

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Nov 23, 13 8:57 PM
On Mac 10.6.8: in the first hidden object scene, game would not let me pick up the knife to cut the sack. Tried every which way, but no luck. Any hints?

jazzluv
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by jazzluv on Nov 24, 13 2:19 AM
blueskies01 wrote:On Mac 10.6.8: in the first hidden object scene, game would not let me pick up the knife to cut the sack. Tried every which way, but no luck. Any hints?

I have exactly the same problem

[Post New]by shayllah318 on Nov 24, 13 4:02 PM
My problem is with the mirror game. I angle the mirrors correctly, but it never shines on the mask, even when I SKIP. Thus, I am stuck and cannot move on with the game. Please help!

youreyes13
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by youreyes13 on Nov 25, 13 2:34 PM
I'm having the same problem Shayllah and can't go any further.

shayllah318 wrote:My problem is with the mirror game. I angle the mirrors correctly, but it never shines on the mask, even when I SKIP. Thus, I am stuck and cannot move on with the game. Please help!

[Post New]by shayllah318 on Nov 27, 13 2:32 PM
Still haven't heard from any BFemployee about the glitch in the game in the Mirror puzzle. Wrote to customer support but still no response after three days. At least three other players having the same problem with this game. Very disappointed.

muse13
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by muse13 on Nov 28, 13 5:30 PM
SAME PROBLEM WITH MIRROR! skip button does nothing except also get stuck. THis makes it impossible to progress in the game. Why no tech answer? I am on MAC, very frustrated.

[Post New]by wilospring on Dec 3, 13 9:08 PM
I am having the same priblem with the mirror Why are you not responding to this problem

Go to: