Reviews for Farm Up

Re:Reviews for Farm Up Free to Play

[Post New]by Babykakes on May 15, 13 10:17 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! This game has all the things I liked about a game I was addicted to on Facebook without all the stuff I didn't like. (greed, having to beg for items from neighbors, having to have neighbors to get anything accomplished, etc.)
To help encourage the developers in updating this game, I feel buying silver or gold coins equivalent to the price of a BF game monthly more than fair. I guess it is a self imposed "pay to play". Please keep coming up with new updates to keep it from getting boring!

hez92
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by hez92 on May 18, 13 1:06 AM

Edited on 05/21/2013 at 6:13:58 AM PST

kim0530
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by kim0530 on May 19, 13 9:23 AM
I really enjoyed this game and if I was able to purchase this game out right, I would do it even if means a little bit more money. But this is a total rip off. I will give you examples: First, the energy bars. It cost 7 bottles for 5 energy, 15 bottles for 10 energy and 40 bottles for 20 energy. Also, 15 gold coins for max, 16 gold coins for 4 hours unlimited energy, I think 31 gold coins for 10 hours unlimited and finally 59 goid coins for a full day. First, lets start out the the bottles. If you have only few bottles (less say) 7, ok that gives you only five but if you have 40 bottles (for example) and need more energy then what do you do? You can get a better deal if you pressed the 15 bottles twice because I would rather loss 30 bottles then 40 bottles for 20 energy Do the math. Now lets go with the gold coins. We have to purchase gold coins or silver coins(if you want to purchase. Me, I have patience so it didn't cost me much but if you know that you would be on the computer all day then the 59 gold coins is great BUT who is going to play this game all day. So I did the 4 hour one for only 16 gold coins and guess what. I had to leave for one hour and when I returned I lost that one hour. Even if you are not playing the time is running. And here is the main thing for me. My computer got over heated and I lost everything. And I mean everything. I only paid little money to see how things go, but all the time and financial budge that I did for four day went down the drain. I have to start all over again.So like I said, this game is excellent for time real money management or want to learn financial budge, this game is great. But other then that, is a rip off. For me, I have to start all over again.

Edited on 05/19/2013 at 9:49:44 AM PST

MzShel
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by MzShel on May 21, 13 11:53 AM
I like the game a lot! I love these real-time farming games.
I'm at level 21. There are a couple of issues I would like to address.
I can't do any of the "map" quests anymore. They are all asking for items that only come with higher levels. And I don't mean next level. One of those quests is asking for something that I won't get access to for 6 more levels. Since my level is high, it's now taking me 2-3 days to go up a single level. What good are quests that I won't be able to fulfill for weeks?
My other issue is that the males are mostly just standing around while the females are working their fingers to the bone.
Grandma gets to feed, water, collect from and clean up after all the animals. She hobbling from pen to pen to take care of all these animals.
Wife is responsible for all the planting, watering, weeding, fertilizing, and harvesting of all the crops. She also pumps water, collects snacks from the snack shop, pulls weeds, digs up rocks, and chops down tree stumps.
Grandpa only chops wood (which you only need when building), works the sawmill for boards (which again you only need when building), fixes the animal pens once a day as needed, and sometimes collects the products from the factories. The majority of the time he's standing around doing nothing.
Husband can pump water (if wife is busy elsewhere), pull weeds (if wife is busy elsewhere), dig rocks (if wife is busy elsewhere), chop tree stumps (if...well, you get the picture). He can work at the brick factory (only needed when building), get rocks from the quarry (again, only needed when building), and collect items from the factory. He does do all the building, but since I'm all caught up on building until I reach a higher level, he's another lazy character who mainly stands around doing nothing.
Couldn't we equal out the chores a bit more?

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on May 21, 13 9:29 PM
kim0530 wrote:I really enjoyed this game and if I was able to purchase this game out right, I would do it even if means a little bit more money.

You can purchase the game outright I got it direct from the developer as a full game PC download version and it is marvelous not worrying about energy and waiting ages and ages for anything to happen.
Maybe one day that version will be released here but as long as the freeplay version is lucrative I doubt it.
Well worth $10 to buy the game without having to purchase extras and waiting 5 times as long for things to grow.

[Post New]by sarahsevenace on May 25, 13 5:02 AM
Hello!
I'm on level 16. I like this game. I love Harvest Moon series, so this game is a one of that farming simulation game. Though it did bug me at the first time, when the characters don't sleep and eat at all, and there's no night! Anyway, all is good as I don't have to consider all those. I do have a snack bar now though.

On with the game please!
It is actually possible to play this game for absolute free if you know the trick.
And my favorite is, ==> 4 hours unlimited <==
In the beginner level, usually, you didn't realize the energy spent as you got level up pretty quickly and the energy bar got fill up, but later in the game, it get pretty annoying when you have to wait for the energy. So, here's a small idea, you need 16 gold coins, purchase the ==> 4 hours unlimited <== then work till the time drop. You need to finish as much quest as you can, unlocking as much achievement as you can, pump as much water as you can, gather as much money as you can... you pretty much get the idea.

Here's from my try and error tips:
- make sure you're available for next 4 hours (if you got something you forgot to do, don't quit the game, just leave it for a while)
- purchase 4 hours unlimited (16 coins)
- plant crops that utilize you money in little time (reminder, a bed cost 70 each so plan how you're going to get back that money)
- try to fulfill as much quest as you can
- try to fulfill as much achievement as you can
- pump up as much water as you can (leave it to the husband)
- cleaning up!
- stone mining and wood cutting
- butterfly and fish clicking (when everyone is busy with their assign job)
- leave the buildings and crops that need time to grow at the end of time (Work on the building AFTER the time up, plant the more-time-to-grow-pants when you want to quit, make sure you still have the energy)

Important note 1: Leave buildings at the last hour!! You don't want to waste your time on building yet, unless you really really really have nothing to do.
Important note 2: Try not to exchange your collection for energy till 4 hours is up. But if you don't have enough money, try to exchange some collections for money.

I'm not sure if the goods sell less money, but, it's okay for you to just plant the crop without watering or weeding or anything, just make sure you come before the plant withering, especially if you're working on a quest. That will save you lot of energy, less exp though.

xx

ps: I hope this is consider as review, I'm sorry if it's not. Max?

[Post New]by nanamary8153 on May 26, 13 5:50 PM
Love the game, only wish you could expand the property. Other than that I am having a blast. Love the little pipsqeak mole and sharky the shark. I own alot of farming games and this one is the best , because you can continue on it. Thank you Big fish!!!!

Games4good
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Games4good on May 27, 13 9:01 PM
govegril wrote:
kim0530 wrote:I really enjoyed this game and if I was able to purchase this game out right, I would do it even if means a little bit more money.

You can purchase the game outright I got it direct from the developer as a full game PC download version and it is marvelous not worrying about energy and waiting ages and ages for anything to happen.
Maybe one day that version will be released here but as long as the freeplay version is lucrative I doubt it.
Well worth $10 to buy the game without having to purchase extras and waiting 5 times as long for things to grow.

Out of curiosity I tried this other version out for the one hour free trial, and it's really not the same game at all. The energy part might not be necessary, but it's also way too fast paced vs the free to play version taking a lot longer. The yields, costs, and times for the crops are all different. It takes only a minute or two to repair or build the buildings. Basically I finished 45+ of the 250 quests in the hour free trial, so I definitely didn't think it was worth buying for $10 when I can get much more playability from the FTP version and spent $7 for coins as a bonus for the devs from Big Fish.

Also, the game ends at level 30 or 32 in terms of crops and is missing 1/3 of the crops in the FTP version. If I have to deal with waiting and using gold to get more out of the game vs the FTP version, I prefer that.

[Post New]by almarcam332 on May 29, 13 4:04 PM
Love this game! It would be nice if when we buy coins that would be credited as a "punch" on our monthly cards. How about it BigFish?

[Post New]by nanamary8153 on Jun 2, 13 7:15 PM
Just a couple things, we have all the animals for food except pigs. W e need pig pens with a smoke house for bacon, hams & what ever can be smoked. That would make it an all around farm. Love the game....It would also help if we could expand the property.

BFFirefly
Clownfish
Clownfish
540 Posts

[Post New]by BFFirefly on Jun 4, 13 1:05 PM
I read all the reviews, pro and con, and decided to try the game. It really is a patience, waiting, and strategy game. I figured at the price of free it would cost me nothing, if I didn't like it. In some ways it reminds me of Fish Tycoon with long waiting times. Since waiting didn't stop me from enjoying that game, I figured patience was a virtue with this game as well and it is. I have yet to buy anything with real money but only because I was lucky enough to be able to wait some of the early quests out. Even energy hasn't been a problem, since bashing butterflies, a mole, and a fish to get blue bottles to buy more energy has garnered more blue bottles now than I've needed to use. I've found that planting very slow growing fruits and vegetables are better done before you go to bed or even just a few hours before. By the time you wake up and get your day started, they have matured and can be harvested, which really helps with the whole waiting part. A word to the wise is knowing before you plant them how long they will take to grow. If they ripen well before you are able to get them harvested, you may will have to waste gold to restore the dead and/or withered crops. It only took one time of wasting gold to learn that lesson. All in all I'm enjoying it but a suggestion I would make to the Devs is doing what Fish Tycoon did that you did not; allow the player to use normal time, double speed time, and stop time. I have to go away for a week and I can't just pack up my desktop and take it with me. Having just a stop time option would be great in these circumstances. I'll make sure I don't plant anything I can't be here to harvest and hope for the best for the rest. I'm sure I'll have enough grass and stones to keep me busy on my return but even that can be a bonus, if you hit coins, stars or energy bonanza on a couple.

Kudos to other players who are further ahead and have made suggestions and/or helped guide others to confusing parts of the game. I've found that when I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do, I could come here to the forums and find an existing thread and someone who took the time to clarify the confusion.

[Post New]by ebellie on Jun 8, 13 4:59 AM
Ultimately the game is boring and repetitive. The build and grow times are ridiculous and the amount of experience needed to level up and complete challenges is absurd. I keep growing and producing the same high experience level crops and products over and over to try and level up. And don't even get me started on how much wheat is needed!

[Post New]by AngelBaby09 on Jun 8, 13 1:52 PM
MzShel wrote:I like the game a lot! I love these real-time farming games.
I'm at level 21. There are a couple of issues I would like to address.
I can't do any of the "map" quests anymore. They are all asking for items that only come with higher levels. And I don't mean next level. One of those quests is asking for something that I won't get access to for 6 more levels. Since my level is high, it's now taking me 2-3 days to go up a single level. What good are quests that I won't be able to fulfill for weeks?
My other issue is that the males are mostly just standing around while the females are working their fingers to the bone.
Grandma gets to feed, water, collect from and clean up after all the animals. She hobbling from pen to pen to take care of all these animals.
Wife is responsible for all the planting, watering, weeding, fertilizing, and harvesting of all the crops. She also pumps water, collects snacks from the snack shop, pulls weeds, digs up rocks, and chops down tree stumps.
Grandpa only chops wood (which you only need when building), works the sawmill for boards (which again you only need when building), fixes the animal pens once a day as needed, and sometimes collects the products from the factories. The majority of the time he's standing around doing nothing.
Husband can pump water (if wife is busy elsewhere), pull weeds (if wife is busy elsewhere), dig rocks (if wife is busy elsewhere), chop tree stumps (if...well, you get the picture). He can work at the brick factory (only needed when building), get rocks from the quarry (again, only needed when building), and collect items from the factory. He does do all the building, but since I'm all caught up on building until I reach a higher level, he's another lazy character who mainly stands around doing nothing.
Couldn't we equal out the chores a bit more?

I have to agree with this as it does get rather frustrating at how long you have to wait to move up a level as the levels get higher. I too am on level 21 and it is taken me three days to get up to 20,000 with 7,000 EX to go still. I wish it wasn't so slow now...gets discouraging. I am also not getting any more quests right now so that makes it even slower.

As far as the chores, it would be nice if the husband could also work the field and perhaps grandpa help grandma with the animals.

Other than that, it is a lot of fun. I don't mind helping keep the game free for others by purchasing coins and gold.

[Post New]by AngelBaby09 on Jun 8, 13 1:58 PM
I just thought of something else that was also mentioned before is the time thing. If we purchase the unlimited time, it should be IN GAME only. Not when we leave the game and come back we lose whatever time we were away. I don't think too many people can sit at their computer 24 hours straight so they don't lose time.
A way to fix that would be nice.

[Post New]by jas1126 on Jun 9, 13 10:26 AM
While this game is good, I have a few issues with the mechanics. I'll keep it simple for ease.

1. The interface is far too large. Icons should not impede game play.

2. Inability to sell excess collectibles.

3. The music and sound effects are repetitive. Even slight variances in the sound effects makes a world of difference.

4. It's too easy to lose currency. I was attempting to catch a butterfly and accidentally spent 15 credits on the building that the butterfly hovered over. My fault for impatience, yes, but it shouldn't be so simple to do. Add a second confirmation.

5. Reserved for future instances.

Otherwise, this is a very good game.

Edited on 06/09/2013 at 12:48:42 PM PST

somima
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Reviews for Farm Up

[Post New]by somima on Jun 16, 13 1:21 AM
This became one of my favorite games to play. I specificly liked:
* to be able to move everything around and change my farm design this way.
* to be able to have more than one of the pens, factories etc...
* The fish and the butterflies that give you energy bottles
* different characters for different work - although the husband sometimes help the main character Jennifer
* the fact that the warehouse never gets too full, so I am free to collect everything I like to
* the travel quests - as long as they are available, its great to choose what I will work on next to fullfill

and here are the points that can be become really frustrating and spoiling the fun
most of all:

* Quest that are only available 3-5 Levels ahead - This was the biggest minus for me, as it is really frustrating when something appears that are far to much ahead of the ability to do. There could be longlasting quest that takes enough time to complete, like catching 50 Butterflies, but they should ALWAYS be able to be done without waiting too much time to be able to do it.
* running out on quests after Level 32
* Unlimited Enery time is too long to play in a row for me. I'd love to have one hour, or two hour unlimited time. I dont wanna spent 4 hours on the computer in a row

Suggestions for new things:
* additional characters, or visitors that appear from time to time to help or join with different skills -
* A name for the husband, or beeing able to choose a name for the characters
* there could be a little more to do during the time to wait for the plants to grow for every character - if they'd have additionals skills they could do more. And with more options than chasing butterflies and waiting for the shy fish or the mole it would be even more interesting.
* different tracs of music that change from time to time.
* Upgrade for the factories that allows us to produce two or more different things in different departements
* beeing able to use the produced items further - like the cream from the milk-factory to produce ice cream etc...
* interacting with the characters would be nice
And most of all: only quest that can be done within the already unlocked items and levels !!!!

Edited on 06/16/2013 at 1:24:04 AM PST

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jun 25, 13 10:15 AM
there are LOTS of things about this game i like and then... there are a few things that i really don't

it's not like *Farm Story* in that the energy consumption is monitored and atrocious... a real shift in gears from planting plots and plots of plants and trees, having animals scattered willy nilly, and being able to move, buy, and sell anything and everything i could click on!

it's not like *Ranch Rush* in that you have basically forever to accomplish even the most basic of tasks and buying animal pens and "juice makers" doesn't make them appear - no! you have to *build* them! and sometimes it takes lots of building which means lots of time and supplies and possibly money... and it takes energy to run those boxes!

so what i like...
jennifer being jane's twin is a good place to start go ****!
the menus are [mostly] clear and concise and leave little room for question
you can see everything about the plants by hovering in the buy menu
you can move most of the stuff around to make the place as pretty and/or functional as you need it to be
the music is fun and light and farmy
you can zoom in and out and make things invisible
there's *always* something that needs doing but you can always put it on hold [except harvesting - don't want those crops to wither]
learning skills makes your people work better [but it won't make grandma walk any faster ]
new plants and animals and production items come up with each new level
at each new level - you get ALL your energy back!
and for the most part, you really don't need to spend any money to play

what i don't like...
one of my first goals after being told "this is free to play" was "buy gold" - if you're going to tell me i don't have to pay for items with my own money and then throw that at me early in the game, i kinda feel bamboozled! granted, i only had to pay 69cents, but it's the principle! and it took me a long time to do it, too... it wasn't until i got tired of being told i had the max numbers of open quests that i finally broke down... still feel like a sucker!
ENERGY - where does it go? everything needs it and it goes so fast and comes so slow... when you plant, you have to ask yourself, now what do i have the energy for? because some plants are in the ground long enough to need planting, watering, weeding, spraying, and harvesting... that's a LOT of energy! and trees/bushes need pulling up when they die!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jun 25, 13 10:22 AM
the last thing is GOLD ... i don't think goals should in any way be gold related...if you aren't going to reward me with gold, don't ask me to spend it to please you... already had quests to grow blackberries, blueberries, strawberries and chili peppers... all of these plants cost gold to put down and most goals ask for at least 30 crops... i have turned them all down and instead used just a few gold pieces to "complete" the goal and move on...

in all, i really like it, and will probably continue playing off and on but i have no real desire to "max out" my players and achieve every quest... this is a farm not an RPG!

[Post New]by numberone123 on Jul 9, 13 3:04 AM
I have a quest to make mittens.....yet i have no idea what i need to produce to start making them...i am assuming wool? i am assuming i have to wait until i have sheep? I dont know, driving me crazy though. i am on level 23 and without a tutorial i have pretty much figured the rest out easily. so let me know if buying sheep when i can will allow me to create the textile quests that i am getting. thanks for any help!

azenalyn
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by azenalyn on Jul 11, 13 4:26 AM
numberone123 wrote:I have a quest to make mittens.....yet i have no idea what i need to produce to start making them...i am assuming wool? i am assuming i have to wait until i have sheep? I dont know, driving me crazy though. i am on level 23 and without a tutorial i have pretty much figured the rest out easily. so let me know if buying sheep when i can will allow me to create the textile quests that i am getting. thanks for any help!

You should have bought sheep by now. You will have to do that so grandma can harvest the wool.

Go to: