WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Post any Legacy Tales: Mercy of the Gallows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by WilJul on May 11, 13 10:39 PM
Mac player, OS 10.8.2, and I, too, did not have the custom cursor.

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

Re:Post any Legacy Tales: Mercy of the Gallows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Mickeycb on May 12, 13 2:34 AM
Same problem as others, get to the very end only to be left with the three signet rings instead of the half of the heart to finish the game. Nothing helps.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 12, 13 2:53 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems some of you have been seeing .

If you find that your items disappear at the gate it might help to first try uninstalling and reinstalling your game as this could get any broken files to work again and these items just might reappear.

Should your game not display properly or crash on you it could help to make sure that all the software on your computer is up-to-date with the steps that you can find here.

For our Mac Fishies, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team and let them know about that missing cursor option! We definitely want to make sure that you can enjoy the game so letting our Tech Support know is the first step to get that fixed!

You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 05/12/2013 at 2:54:03 AM PST

[Post New]by NancySusan on May 12, 13 7:48 AM
Just to make sure, I did check for video card driver updates and updated my Nvidia card, but the game size is the same as before. As I've said before, I don't want to fool around with the screen resolution on a brand new computer, so I guess I can't play this game. I will say that the BFG instructions to change screen resolution for Windows 8 are much better than the last time I checked, but I don't want to make my Windows 8 compatible with XP. gah. But thanks for the recommendation.

Newmenor
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Newmenor on May 12, 13 9:59 AM
Lost my diving helmet too but uninstalled and then re-installed as suggested by BF and helmet back on itinery!! Thank you BF and thoroughly enjoying this game!!!!!

Althena533
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

[Post New]by Althena533 on May 12, 13 11:45 AM
I'm thinking I've found a busted puzzle. I'm in the bonus chapter and I'm trying to do the puzzle with the white square with the funny marks on them. The instructions say to swap the squares but I'm finding that a little difficult when I click on them nothing happens.

gaildeveaux
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by gaildeveaux on May 12, 13 3:57 PM
I am at the door trying to move those squares into place and they will not move

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on May 12, 13 5:11 PM
I'm at the end of the game... need to use that number 4 that I found earlier and it has disappeared from my inventory. I have half a heart and a shaded icon of the 5/5 amulet pieces that I have already used and I think 4 coins in my treasure box (I've found them ALL so far).

As I am totally stuck, I'm going to try to uninstall and reinstall. Because of very mixed reviews on this game, I tried before I bought. At the end of my trial I purchased the game and had great difficulty installing it. It went through the download, but wouldn't install. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled twice before I could get it to play. Until now I have had no difficulties at all and LOVE the game. I would have rather has issues at the BEGINNING of the game rather than at the END.

This is just a whole lot of work and disappointment to this mother on her special day...

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on May 12, 13 8:00 PM
Althena533 and gaildeveaux

Is that the door with the symbols on the tiles and numbers on each row and column? If so, you need to use the lens on the numbers to reveal how many of each symbol needs to go in each row and column. (The lens you used to reveal the green slime trail.)

gaildeveaux
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by gaildeveaux on May 12, 13 10:25 PM
Yes I used the lens and all the green is reveiled but still can't move the squares to put them in place

gaildeveaux
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by gaildeveaux on May 12, 13 10:34 PM
I looked at it again and one row didn;t have the numbers reveiled in the outside column and I used the lens again and now it works

Althena533
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

[Post New]by Althena533 on May 13, 13 2:05 AM
But I DID use the lens! All over the place!

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 13, 13 2:43 AM
Heya Fishies,

Newmenor - It's great to hear that the diving helmet popped up again when you reinstalled the game. Happy gaming!

Cobweb55 - That definitely sounds like a lot of trouble. If you find that after uninstalling and reinstalling the game you still can't continue, it could also help to make sure that all the software is up-to-date with the steps that you can find here.

Althena533 - If you used the lens and all squares are uncovered I would recommend to try uninstalling and reinstalling your game to make sure that all files are working properly.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

quaifen
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by quaifen on May 13, 13 6:32 PM
Everyone this game has a problem with too much inventory if you can put part of each inventory piece where it belong do so, or your inventory will disappear, like with the 5 amulets, each time you pick up an amulet go ahead and place the amulet at the cemetary gate, do not hold on to anything that can be placed, but this only takes care of the amulet problem, this game have major problems, they did not test it very well before putting it out.

Edited on 05/14/2013 at 6:38:19 AM PST

lcrc
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by lcrc on May 14, 13 12:44 AM
same problem, helmet disappears and I have reinstalled the game 5 times and when opening the game I Just get a black screen with a wheel going around. I have got direct x 11. what can I do

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 14, 13 1:31 AM
Hi Fishies,

If you have tried the advice already offered and you are still having trouble with the game, please get in touch with our friendly Tech Support. You can reach them by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then clicking the Contact Us link on the help pages.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help and this will also help us to keep track the issue.

Hope this helps and thank you all for working with us!

bfgBaikal

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on May 15, 13 10:14 AM
I had trouble with inventory disappearing, but got out of the game then back in and it was fine, except.......

At the cemetery gates and i have 2 anchor coins in the gate, so am unable to put in the scull coin.

Will be very annoyed if i cant finish this as i reckon it is brilliant.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 16, 13 3:15 AM
Heya crypsynight,

It sounds like you might be missing some steps before you can proceed from that point. As this game comes with an integrated Strategy Guide I would recommend that you have a look at it to see if you are missing something.

You can find the Strategy Guide in the upper left corner at when you click the Menu bar to extend it.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on May 19, 13 5:53 AM
Dennisgvr wrote:I had to find pairs there. So 2 off the same before they disappear.
Hope that helps!

Thank you sooo much Dennisgvr. You are absolutely right. I, too, thought this was a game error.

Dennis is right, everyone. Pick up each pair, then they'll disappear. I have to say, some better instruction by the developer would have helped here. I've never come across this kind of gameplay before.

Again, thank you!

[Post New]by gmspooner on May 21, 13 4:34 AM
Cobweb55 wrote:I'm at the end of the game... need to use that number 4 that I found earlier and it has disappeared from my inventory. I have half a heart and a shaded icon of the 5/5 amulet pieces that I have already used and I think 4 coins in my treasure box (I've found them ALL so far).

As I am totally stuck, I'm going to try to uninstall and reinstall. Because of very mixed reviews on this game, I tried before I bought. At the end of my trial I purchased the game and had great difficulty installing it. It went through the download, but wouldn't install. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled twice before I could get it to play. Until now I have had no difficulties at all and LOVE the game. I would have rather has issues at the BEGINNING of the game rather than at the END.

This is just a whole lot of work and disappointment to this mother on her special day...

Go to: