Re:Guide for Farm Up, Introduction

[Post New]by qqplaces on Aug 1, 13 11:35 AM
Hi,

how do i get the different character in the games. I cant upgrade the guest house to get grandma and had trouble getting the husband when I restart the games?

appreciate any help.

Sliponshoes
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by Sliponshoes on Aug 1, 13 11:55 AM
The key to getting the characters to arrive in the game is to complete the quests. Work on completing the quests you can complete, if you get stuck and all five of your quest slots are full of quests you cannot complete, use gold to complete one of them so you can get another one.

Just continue to complete the quests until you get one that the reward for the quest is the arrival of a character and complete that one. Once you complete the quest for the character, they will arrive on the farm.

I had the same trouble with getting characters to arrive, the trick is to just complete all the quests and eventually you will get one that makes the character arrive. The game progresses with the completion of the quests so just focus on them for a while and you will have everybody on the farm in no time.

Good Luck!

[Post New]by nikkiann78 on Aug 2, 13 4:08 PM
jdsmom1499 wrote:

[Post New]by hollywibowo on June 25, 11:53 AM
Hi, I was wondering if I could get some feedback on as problem I'm having. I had a quest for building the snack bar. Well I sped it up with gold and now I can't find it on my farm. I have a quest to order something from the snack bar. Can anyone help with this?

Unfortunately you actually have to build the snack bar. I did the same thing. It did not work the way you think it should work. Buying an item for gold works in the canning part when you have to can things that require gold to build. It will complete that quest.

[Post New]by nikkiann78 on Aug 2, 13 4:10 PM
Using the gold to finish the task does just that- it finishes the task. That's it. You will receive whatever silver and EXP it offers, but whatever the item is- you won't have it. Happened to me on something else...

[Post New]by wombat_bug on Aug 4, 13 11:42 AM
I ran the update this morning and have been very busy all day with all the new quests. Some I had stockpiled but others will now require a long wait to build up requirements and expensive upgrades on factories. I am presently on on level 39. What I am not sure on are all the new icons that are on the settings / collections page now and a bit nervous to click on them in case they change something. Anyone tested these?

Edited on 08/04/2013 at 12:07:27 PM PST

[Post New]by Lynchamber on Aug 13, 13 2:07 PM
I want to move my chicken pen but it won't let me, it tells me that I have to clean it first. Does anyone know how to do this?

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Aug 13, 13 2:10 PM
Lynchamber wrote:I want to move my chicken pen but it won't let me, it tells me that I have to clean it first. Does anyone know how to do this?

Yes, unfortunately, only Grandma can clean pens. So you need to go through all the quests and education and money-saving needed to get Grandma.

[Post New]by Lynchamber on Aug 13, 13 2:12 PM
So even if I have grandma, there are still quests I must complete?

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Aug 13, 13 2:16 PM
No, sorry I wasn't clear - I meant all the stuff you have to get through in order to get her in the first place. Once you've got her you can click on the "dirty" patch in pens and she'll hobble on over and sweep up the mess.

[Post New]by Lynchamber on Aug 13, 13 2:23 PM
Thanks a bunch!

[Post New]by CrunchyMama on Aug 19, 13 11:14 PM
I'm finding that I can hardly get my hands on any gold at all. I really don't have the money to spare to buy gold, so what is the best way to get more? I wouldn't care much except I'm at the point where upgrading the chicken and sheep pens takes gold, as does planting a good number of things. Most of the quests give silver, not gold!

Sliponshoes
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by Sliponshoes on Aug 20, 13 4:43 AM
To get gold in the tablet version of the game you have to enable social media. By posting your progress on facebook and stuff. I don't play the tablet version so I don't really know much beyond that. I do know that to get gold with the tablets you have to enable the social media aspect of the game.

For the PC version, there are a couple different ways to get gold. First and most common is to complete the achievements. You get two gold for each one and you can see the list of achievements by clicking on the top most right side button then selecting achievements. There you will find what you need to do to complete each achievement. There are a number of them so you can receive a bunch of gold that way. The other way to get gold with the PC version of the game is by trading in collections. It's the same top most right side button, then collections. When you page through the collections you will find one that rewards three gold pieces when you trade it in. And finally you also receive gold when you advance a level on certain levels of the game, it's not every level so don't be discouraged if you have advanced a level and not received any gold, it will come with later levels.

Or you can buy the gold with real money. I haven't purchased any gold yet and have been able to upgrade the factories and plant the crops that require gold without running out of gold. I have not upgraded any of the pens with gold and wouldn't recommend it, if you want more animals just build another pen. The factories are little different, you need to upgrade them to get access to the other recipes and items. I only plant gold crops when I get a quest to do so, I don't spend any gold on unlimited energy either - or haven't yet anyway.

I'm on level 33 now and have like 65 gold left after learning all the skills in the school, some of which require gold to learn, planting all the gold required quests and upgrading the factories. I have some additional gold tied up in the collections that I can trade in at some point too. I think there is plenty of gold to be had, at least if you are rather conservative about the unlimited energy sessions.

I hope this helps! Happy Farming!

Sliponshoes
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by Sliponshoes on Aug 20, 13 12:33 PM
No, It's just a glitch. They give you gold not silver even though it shows silver. When you finish one you will see that it gives you gold.

[Post New]by CrunchyMama on Aug 20, 13 12:53 PM
Oh, sweet! Great to know, thanks!

[Post New]by 26hannetjie on Oct 23, 13 1:04 PM
I'm at level 20 and still no husband. the quest i have to complete is collecting 20 apple juice. i have the 80 apples i need. can anyone please help!
Thank you

noel135
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

ABOUT CLEANING UP THE PENS

[Post New]by noel135 on Oct 23, 13 2:57 PM
First, you have to have Gramma. She is the only one who cleans pens. Poor woman. I got the beep that said "Clean pen first". What I found was two things that limited Gramma cleaning the pen. First was be sure you are not clicked on the Eye over on the right side of the screen which makes all the buildings see-through. If so, click the eye again and undo it. The other issue I had was, take a look at the fences in the pen you want to clean. If there is a piece of the fence that needs repair by Grampa, he must do that first. Then presto, poor Gramma can clean the filthy pen. Have you noticed that Gramma and Jennifer do the lions share of the work. Grampa stands and sharpens his axe most of the time. He needs more jobs. Then the husband cracks me up the way he stomps around being very macho standing with his hands on his hips and his feet apart while Jennifer is bent over the crops. Give the husband more to do.

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

ABOUT CLEANING UP THE PENS

[Post New]by cat52 on Oct 24, 13 12:15 AM
noel135 wrote:First, you have to have Gramma. She is the only one who cleans pens. Poor woman. I got the beep that said "Clean pen first". What I found was two things that limited Gramma cleaning the pen. First was be sure you are not clicked on the Eye over on the right side of the screen which makes all the buildings see-through. If so, click the eye again and undo it. The other issue I had was, take a look at the fences in the pen you want to clean. If there is a piece of the fence that needs repair by Grampa, he must do that first. Then presto, poor Gramma can clean the filthy pen. Have you noticed that Gramma and Jennifer do the lions share of the work. Grampa stands and sharpens his axe most of the time. He needs more jobs. Then the husband cracks me up the way he stomps around being very macho standing with his hands on his hips and his feet apart while Jennifer is bent over the crops. Give the husband more to do.

I have had grandma cleaning the pens both before and after grandpa does the repairs; they both will even work at the same time in the same pen.

PlayerBee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by PlayerBee on Oct 27, 13 11:10 PM
Can you help me with planting problems? Have plenty of silver and screen says I'm in planting mode. Can't find the apple tree or raspberry bush. Have looked everywhere for the big checkmark or x that usually accompanies a plant.

SRyan
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by SRyan on Nov 8, 13 10:24 AM
Hi, I have a quest to sell a collection, but I have searched high and low and can't see where to sell them? Could somebody help please as I have lots of collections to sell!

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Nov 8, 13 10:39 AM
SRyan wrote:Hi, I have a quest to sell a collection, but I have searched high and low and can't see where to sell them? Could somebody help please as I have lots of collections to sell!

To exchange a collection first click on the gear-shaped button on the upper right of the farm screen. This will take you to a screen where you will see a "collections" button at the lower left. Click that, and you'll see all the collections you have, the number of items in each, and you can click the "exchange" button for whatever collection you want to trade in. Hope that was clear enough!

Edited on 11/08/2013 at 10:39:52 AM PST

Go to: