bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Salvation of the Lost technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 24, 13 3:18 AM
Hi bookworm42,

Thanks for raising this point and I assure you that we do appreciate that repeating the same steps over and again, can be frustrating.

We tend to do this on the Forums as we are limited as to the type of support we can offer as the steps we suggest cover basic troubleshooting that is safe for all to try. And just to let you know, when we offer this advice, we are not suggesting that it is your computer at all, but by covering the basics we can eliminate this as a cause at least.

As you mentioned issues with a number of games I would encourage you to work with our Tech Support Team letting them know the types of issues you have been having and with what games, as this is the best way for us to get a more in depth sense of your issues to provide more specific support

If you have the time, please run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

And thank you for working with us bookworm42, we really appreciate the chance to put things right for you.

bfgBaikal

bookworm42
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Salvation of the Lost technical issues here only

[Post New]by bookworm42 on May 24, 13 5:53 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi bookworm42,

Thanks for raising this point and I assure you that we do appreciate that repeating the same steps over and again, can be frustrating.

We tend to do this on the Forums as we are limited as to the type of support we can offer as the steps we suggest cover basic troubleshooting that is safe for all to try. And just to let you know, when we offer this advice, we are not suggesting that it is your computer at all, but by covering the basics we can eliminate this as a cause at least.

As you mentioned issues with a number of games I would encourage you to work with our Tech Support Team</a> letting them know the types of issues you have been having and with what games, as this is the best way for us to get a more in depth sense of your issues to provide more specific support

If you have the time, please run and include a <a href=http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1688>Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report</a> in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

And thank you for working with us bookworm42, we really appreciate the chance to put things right for you.

bfgBaikal

hi i have done this last night (UK time) . trouble is im finding problems playing an increasing amount of games and no amount of "help" is changing this and 99.9% of the time i end up with a replacement code. it seems that i have the worst trouble with the games i am most eager to play.
this is no reflection on your tech support team as they are always very helpful and polite

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 24, 13 10:35 AM
Thanks so much, bookworm42, for reaching out to Tech Support. Sorry to hear about those persistent issues, and the more information our Team here is able to collect, the more feedback we can send along to the developers to help their games work better on all systems.

Thanks again and hopefully things will work out better for this game!

bfgIzara

cherbando
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by cherbando on May 24, 13 4:37 PM
After getting the runtime error I contacted tech support. I have been working with them all week. I have followed all their suggestions. I have updated or downloaded everything they said to try. I have deleted and re-installed this game 5 times! I am still getting the same error and now tech support is offering me a refund. No more suggestions to try to fix it are left. This is such a crock. I can play other games with no problems. There is something wrong with this game and the developers need to fix it. Maybe it is time I buy my games elsewhere.

[Post New]by Camerilla on May 27, 13 9:32 PM
Power of water! When trying that lil mini game out after about 4 balls the balls would disappear from the shooters. If you "missed" (I don't know since I couldn't see what to shoot) the rest of the balls came back. I found a way around this though. After every 4 when the balls disappeared I just went back a screen. Click the power of water again and my "game" was where I left off. Took a few going back screens but finally got all the balls to disappear.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 28, 13 6:40 AM
Heya Fishies,

cherbando - I can completely understand how disappointing that must be for you. It can happen that a game doesn't want to cooperate with a computer at all. There could be many reasons for this as every program you have installed influences how your computer works and processes our games.
I do hope you'll enjoy your games and would recommend to always play the free trial for a game that you are interested in to see if it works without problems!

Camerilla - Welcome to the Pond! Great to hear that you manage dto get through the puzzle in the end! It does sound a bit odd though so i hope this won't happen anymore in the future!

bfgBiwa

lyssa7712
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by lyssa7712 on Jun 2, 13 12:04 PM
has anyone else run into an issue with ERS games killing your laptop battery? for the last three games of theirs I've played, it has drained my battery over 50% in 20 minutes. no other developer's offerings give me problems and the battery drains at a normal rate.

I have a two-month old HP running Windows 8, with an intel i7 and nvidia graphics.

anyone else, or any suggestions? I like ERS games, but I also like to play outside and on the go and can't do that for long with the power glutton their games have become. it really ruins the flow of the game to have less than an hour's game time before my battery alert nags at me.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 6, 13 4:44 AM
Hi lyssa7712,

I know that ERS games tend to be quite graphically intensive requiring more resources from your computer, which in turn drains the battery faster.

I'm afraid there is not much you can do about this!

When I am on the move, there are a few things I do to conserve my battery power and I will list a few below in case that helps:
Close any superfluous programs to avoid the computer running to much at once

*Adjust the brightness of your screen; less light = less power

*Defrag your machine regularly, a clean hard driver will run much more effectively, using less power

There are loads more tips out there on this topic but I hope this helps a bit!

bfgBaikal

nc_wa
Clownfish
Clownfish
850 Posts

[Post New]by nc_wa on Jun 6, 13 5:04 PM
I got the same problem like everyone else so far. I sent all the info to BF last night. Looks like a refund will be in order soon. I uninstalled the game last night and just reinstalled a few minutes ago. I just got an email from tech support about Flash and Shockwave. I already have those and their up-to-date. I just looked at the DEP settings in the instructions and those were fine already. I am going to try the new reinstall one last time. If I get that same error again, I will just request a refund. It is a bummer as the Redemption Cemetery games are my favorite BF games.

nc_wa
Clownfish
Clownfish
850 Posts

[Post New]by nc_wa on Jun 6, 13 5:31 PM
UPDATE

I found the solution and fixed the problem. I will share with everyone else. It is a very simple fix. I found it on the Microsoft website. Once I did this, the Runtime Error disappears and you can continue the game.

You just reset IE and the problem is fixed.

You just go to Tools in IE and then Internet Options.
Then go to the Advanced tab.
Go down to the the button to reset IE settings.

That is all you do. It will reset IE and the game should work properly now. Remember if you decide to do this method, you will lose any custom settings for IE. This includes favorites. I suggest at minimum to back up any favorites first.

Hope this helps everyone now!

Back to playing my favorite game...

Edited on 06/11/2013 at 9:16:57 PM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 7, 13 3:35 AM
Thanks for the tips nc_wa!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

kglen1
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by kglen1 on Jun 10, 13 12:45 PM
I really wanted to buy this game but I am having the same run-time issue that others have complained of. Tried the game twice, both times got the run-time message at the empowering the raven with air. Uninstalled and reinstalled and still had it happen. If anyone has any suggestions that don't involve major changes to my computer, I'll try them. Otherwise I guess I'll have to take a pass on the game. Just too many complaints about the same issue to mess around with it.

ausbill
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by ausbill on Jun 13, 13 11:31 PM
i also had a runtime error. will it be fixed or do we just blow our money.

Yanie1020
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

No Technical Problems on My Computer

[Post New]by Yanie1020 on Jul 9, 13 5:06 PM
This is a fabulous game, as far as I'm concerned. I'm having no technical problems at all. Maybe the problems are occurring on older computers? I just have a dual-core processor, but everything is working as it should. One of my favorite games so far!

Graelyn
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Graelyn on Dec 14, 13 4:20 PM
I was having issues with the game freezing when I tried to take the saw handle. I followed the instructions about running the game as an administrator and that only made things worse. When I did that, I was getting the runtime error just trying to start the game. However, I undid the administrator thing and started the game. This time I stopped the tutorial. Once I did that, the game ran just fine.

However, these issues should not be happening, not after as long as the game has been out.

No Technical Problems on My Computer

[Post New]by betterthanqwerty on Mar 20, 14 11:02 AM
Yanie1020 wrote:... Maybe the problems are occurring on older computers? I just have a dual-core processor, but everything is working as it should. ...

I certainly don't consider a Windows 7 Pro, 32 GB memory, Quad core 3.6GHz processor, 240 GB Solid State system drive with a 1 TB data drive, NVID GeForce GTX 580 graphics an older machine.

Yet we still have problems with the Wold Medallian in the area with solving the bear's head puzzle. Each individual swap take a very long time [several minutes to swap each pair] and, if you finally try to skip that particular puzzle, the game crashes.

Anyone else having problem with getting the Wolf Medalion?

Go to: