nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

Re:Post any Princess Isabella: The Rise of an Heir Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by nelliegemini on May 18, 13 7:55 AM
cherbtoo wrote:I'm in the UK and, after downloading Rite of Passage which is twice as long size wise in under 10 minutes I eventually got Isabella to finish downloading after 3 hours after uninstalling and restarting after it got completely stuck on 49%.

Nellie ... It was approximately 2 hours after the game first appeared .

Dang, I thought I'd found a cure!

kainesis2
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

Re:Post any Princess Isabella: The Rise of an Heir Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by kainesis2 on May 18, 13 8:03 AM
The game froze on me in the glyph game and I had to alt-control-delete to exit.

romany09
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by romany09 on May 18, 13 8:16 AM
Bought the game and it froze on the put-the-bridge-together-with-planks game. W7-64 bit. I'll try again but hope I do not have to uninstall/reinstall.

[Post New]by heatherington on May 18, 13 8:25 AM
I can't buy ANY game. You would think that Big Fish would not allow that to happen. They want money don't they? Had no trouble downloading both CE games that I want to buy for the special today. But as I am in the GM and click on "buy" I get absolutely NO reaction whatsoever. I've never seen it do that before. Big Fish, you want my money or not?

If anyone is interested in how I solved my problem. I uninstalled the GM and reinstalled it then downloaded my games again and bought them this time with no problem.

Edited on 05/18/2013 at 6:23:33 PM PST

dpanrell
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by dpanrell on May 18, 13 10:12 AM
lingerda wrote:door to tower is stuck skip does not work????

I'm having the same problem. I waited for the "Skip" button to fill, clicked on it and it turned to the "hint" button, clicked on that & it showed the door. Vicious cycle!!

alowan
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by alowan on May 18, 13 12:10 PM
addictedtofish wrote:Looks like it's Saturday in the UK again!!! 15 minutes and only 5% downloaded - Every other game downloaded this week has been really fast, including the great collectors edition Child of the Forest - really strange!!

I contacted tech support to give them a heads up about the slow download speeds in the UK. He suggested that everyone who is having problems with slow downloads contact tech support and get a speed check.

And y’all might want to contact your ISPs and see if they deliberately lower your speeds at certain times of day, the stinkers. You’re paying for speed; you should get it. Here in the US, someone would probably file a class action lawsuit.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 18, 13 12:46 PM
Hi Fishies,

Thanks for posting all of these issues!

For those download speeds, as alowan kindly mentioned one of our Reps will be happy to help in any way that they can, and often getting a speed check will help to hone in on what may be causing those issues.

For that Fatal Error message, crashing issues or freezing issues, I would check to make sure that your video card driver and other programs are up to date, as these are vital to helping the game run. You can find instructions for that in the following help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the door to the tower remains stuck, please go ahead and Uninstall/Reinstall the game.

If these steps don't help then one of our Reps will definitely be able to take a closer look! Just click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left to reach them.

I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on May 18, 13 1:45 PM
The wand keeps disappearing when I use it. I have to exit game completely to get it to come back. I have a Mac Book pro 10.5. I have uninstalled and reinstalled game after purchasing.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 18, 13 2:02 PM
Hey there diamondgirlva,

Thanks for letting us know that the wand keeps disappearing and that uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't help. I really appreciate you trying that out!

Since the Forums are limited in helping to troubleshoot further, please go ahead and contact our Mac Support Team and one of our Reps will do everything they can to help with that!

Just click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left to reach them.

I hope this helps!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by kittypaws50 on May 18, 13 4:12 PM
HI, I BROUGHT THE GAME STRAIGHT AWAY AS I HAVE THE OTHER GAMES, BUT THIS ONE KEEPS COMING UP MIXED COLOURS, CAN'T SEE THE SCREEN, I HAVE TAKEN THE GAME OUT 3 TIMES AND ITS NO DIFFERENT, ITS SLOW TO DOWN LOAD, USUALLY ALL MY GAMES ARE GOOD, THANKS CHERYL

leeleesma
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by leeleesma on May 18, 13 4:35 PM
I am having trouble with the termites and the wand I doesn't work the way it should and I am stuck

btshack4
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by btshack4 on May 18, 13 6:21 PM
Kamili- did the beta for this just last Wednesday, and I had the same problem with the magic wand not working at the dock. Two different times! It worked this morning when i downloaded this edition, BU, when I tried to finish the demo after work, The game said one or more of my profiles was corrupted. I'm with you. Three strikes, no buy.

[Post New]by flingo on May 18, 13 11:31 PM
The game downloaded quickly, I went to play and the opening screen comes up upside down and backwards. Tried restarting my computer but that didn't seem to help. Perhaps I should play this game from the back of my computer screen while standing on my head? Thanks for any suggestions

an hour after posting the above, an update

Tried reinstalling two more times and all is well.

Edited on 05/19/2013 at 12:44:05 AM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 19, 13 2:19 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm really sorry to hear about the problems some of you are experiencing.

flingo - Welcome to the Pond! It's great to hear that everything worked out in the end! Enjoy your game!

kittypaws50 - Welcome to the Pond! When a game can't be displayed properly this is often a sign that some of the software on your computer could do with a small update. You can easily check this by following the steps that you can find here.

leeleesma - That sure sounds a bit off! We found that in these cases it often helps to try uninstalling and reinstalling your game as it could be that some of the files for the game aren't working properly anymore.

btshack4 - When the saved profile of a game gets corrupted it could be that your antivirus software on your computer damaged it when the game tried to save. It might be worth a try to start over with a new profile and to make sure that any live-scan software on your computer is deactivated while you play.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

MinnieK
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

Re:Post any Princess Isabella: The Rise of an Heir Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by MinnieK on May 19, 13 9:20 AM
alowan wrote:
addictedtofish wrote:Looks like it's Saturday in the UK again!!! 15 minutes and only 5% downloaded - Every other game downloaded this week has been really fast, including the great collectors edition Child of the Forest - really strange!!

I contacted tech support to give them a heads up about the slow download speeds in the UK. He suggested that everyone who is having problems with slow downloads contact tech support and get a speed check.

And y’all might want to contact your ISPs and see if they deliberately lower your speeds at certain times of day, the stinkers. You’re paying for speed; you should get it. Here in the US, someone would probably file a class action lawsuit.

They don't need another heads up, they need to DO something about it. We have all been contacting them for months (since mid-January in my case) but nothing has been resolved - or looks likely to be resolved.

And no it is not the ISP either, I have fast broadband from BT which gives an excellent service at all times. The problem is with Big Fish and if they don't get it sorted soon they will find they have no UK customers left.

Edited on 05/19/2013 at 9:25:25 AM PST

pjhundt
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by pjhundt on May 19, 13 9:49 AM
Kamali wrote:I just got to where I was given a magic wand, used it on woodpeckers, clicked a door that the woodpeckers then opened - and got a fatal error with the message "Fatal error in gc - get thread context failed".

I had a Dell W7 computer. All other games play okay, so there must be something wrong with this one (ie, there's nothing wrong with my computer, if there was my other games would have fatal errors too, and they don't).

Same problems here on W8. However, it seemed to take control of the rest of my systems. Slow processing, frozen windows, etc. Had to completely delete game before everything was working back to normal. Won't try again until other fishies tell me it's fixed.

dcanfi1955
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by dcanfi1955 on May 19, 13 1:35 PM
I downloaded this game. And all the fater error codes, locked my computer and caused it not to run. I had to call the manufacturer and it took 4 hours to bring my computer back to life. Major virus's got into my computer with this game. I will not be redownloading. But BFG did send me a free coupon code to purchase another game. Hope this helps. This game looked good and I wanted to play it, but not after what it did to my computer.

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on May 19, 13 5:16 PM
download

sgtsedlak
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by sgtsedlak on May 19, 13 5:46 PM
Same problem with cursor "hot spots" being entirely off-set from the objects (had to keep circling/clicking in wider and wider arcs away from the object I was trying to select), and active areas outside what was visible in the windows making mini-games unplayable.
I, too, cannot get past the thread/pin game to open the tower door; can neither complete the game nor skip it.

PLEASE, do not patronize your customers. The exact same glitches across multiple varieties of computers and varied OS's tells me the game needs to be patched. We didn't all suddenly decide to stop updating our systems, all at the same time, right before this game was offered. The "it's you and your computer" schtick is insulting.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on May 19, 13 11:40 PM
I had a problem with the voices only intermittently playing. I wanted to find out if Angela Lansbury had done the voices for the fairies, if not it surely sounded like her, but that is not listed in the credits. So when I went into the extras I was thrilled to see that there is a section on the voices but the entire extra is mute. It really didn't bother me during the game, at first I thought how weird...you have them talking here and then just go to written dialogue. Finally, I realized that something was wrong with the audio and the fact that the extra section is completely mute finalized that.
I am running a fully loaded W8 computer with 10 ram, 4 ram video, beats audio, all updates were done prior to playing and this was the only thing I was running. I am actually surprised I am the first to have this problem or had written about it.
Have a great day everyone!

Go to: